• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server crashing, no console errors. Need Help!! (hopeless...)

gerard95

Keep cool :)
Reaction score
Hello guys, I have a server, with protocol 8.6, and version: OTX.
I am using ZnoteAcc. I use DDG to host my server with 4 GB of Memory.

The server goes down every "x" time without showing any error at console.lua. I thought it was due to a lack of memory, so I got an extra GB of Memory, thought, the server still crashed.

It's not a "restart" crash, the server just loses the connection for 1 minute or so.
I tried things, thought I cannot make it to solve the problem. I had once 85 players (the server is brand new from 3 days lol), but people getting mad or quitting from my server because of those crashes.

I am really desperated. I'm even about to pay the one who solve this damned crashes.
I beg you guys, I need your help, what should I do to fix this huge problem?

(I read some posts about this, and I came up that I edited items.xml because many freaking items from zao were buggy so I just copied some items from another server and pasted them into my items.xml in order to fix zao, but then I deleted zao because it was giving debug errors to single players who walked over there) Crashes started after I edited items.xml if Im not wrong... I don't know if this is the problem, if this could be, tell me what should I do :(

Oh and I deleted offline trainings... There were some, so I deleted 'em. I also deleted some scripts and xml codes that were related to them...)

Thank you, for real...
(If you need more information ask it below, I will check otland out everytime...)

I got only this error at the console after 10minutes of re-starting the server manually. I don't think this is making the server crash, thought I have no clue.

[Error - Action Interface]
data/actions/scripts/tools/shovel.lua:eek:nUse
Description:
data/actions/scripts/tools/shovel.lua:16: attempt to index global 'SAND_HOLES' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
data/actions/scripts/tools/shovel.lua:16: in function <data/actions/scripts/tools/shovel.lua:5>

Last edited:
What version of OTX are you using? maybe there is a bug within the server that causes this crash, I've seen it happen on my server that a script is so f'ed up that it gives no error and just crashes.

There you go mate!
tfs.otx: no version information available (required by tfs.otx)
OTX Server Version: (2.60 - ) - Codename: (****)
Compilied with GNU C++ version 4.4.5 for arch 64 Bits at Oct 16 2013 23:37:06

I deleted an evo "city" that was located at "Waypoints" in RME, I also deleted whole Zao, could this make the crashes?
I made a non-logueable zone at trainers, could that be a reason as well?

Awaiting for help. Thanks:)

Did you erase the script or map part you use to get to Zao? I mean the levers, else it will be trying to send a player to an black area which is not walkable and that may be crashing the server. Be sure to send away a message to DDG support to ask if the memory seems fine or needs an upgrade. Also if you don't got the advanced ddos protection from DDG you may get heavily flooded without getting noticed and that may cause a memory overflow and crash the server. You could ask your players if they receive an heavy lag before the server shuts aswell.

Regards,
Mjmackan.

But if it was a Zao thing, it would debug the player (he / she would get a crash with his client, it would not crash the whole server I think.)
I did send a message to them, it ain't a memory problem since the server crashed once with 20 players.

Before the server crashes, you can move one sqm or maybe two, but then it stucks and goes down.

Isn't there any way to know am getting ddosed?

Thank you so much!

Yes thats true, its both hard and irritating when getting errors without any log of it. The only thing i can recommend is to replace folder by folder, items folder, movements folder etc and check if it does help. If it doesn't, you know as much as it could be either a error in the exe file or in your database. Take at least a serious look in the folders xml files looking for scripts not being used if you haven't already.

There is different types and lets call it tactics when it comes to flooding, one massive attack right at once would crash the server or at least force DDG shut it down, though you or the players should at least feel some lags before it just shuts, your hosting service should be able to see if you are getting flooded.

All I can suggest is that you get out there and check every action, item area, monster. Just try to get every script to run. Execute every thing you can possibly imagine. Then maybe you will find what causes the crash. If that does not help then it is probably something in source. Try the new version of OTX and fix that shovel error, maybe someone is just clicking it a ton of times and that causes the crash.

Back