• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Setting up a basic server to play alone?

sret

Reaction score
After missing and dreaming of Tibia for years, I figured that today's lack of fitting OTs might prevent me from ever getting to play my favorite game again, which has been a great sorrow. But recently I started thinking that maybe I could set up my own OT for myself to play on.
In the past I've just checked the basic lists of OT servers, and I was never aware of the existence of this site and what's going on here. Now that I've found it, I have some new-found hope.
The problem is that I don't have the first clue about anything even remotely related to coding and all that. Quite frankly, I am completely useless at anything technical that goes beyond following a detailed step-by-step guide that assumes no prior knowledge (which sadly doesn't seem to be the case in any of the guides and stuff I've come across on this site).

What I am looking for is a basic 7.4 OT, just the full real map and everything it includes, with no changes to it being necessary. Back when I played OTs a lot, for a while every other server was a basic 7.4 (or perhaps some other versions) real map. So, I figured there's plenty of those floating around and that maybe it's sort of a plug and play scenario; just download and play it, and for simple changes like rates go change a number in some notepad. Considering all the rocket science I come across in literally every thread here, it seems to be an awful lot more complicated than that, which is quite confusing to me.
I'm looking to play alone, so I don't need the whole server part for people to play on, just the client. But perhaps setting up a OT always involves having the entire server, with the game itself sort of being built into it rather than into the tibia.exe file?

I suppose what I'm wondering is if it's at all feasible to just set up a world to play on, without having to do any coding or whatever it all is. I can't put into words how badly I want to have a functional Tibia world to play in by myself, and if there's any even remotely realistic way for me to achieve that, I am desperate to find that way.
Does every OT really have to be built from scratch? Can't some ready-made OT be transferred to me without the need for all these programs?
All I want is a 7.4 world with multi-client (which I'm guessing is easy to add with just replacing the .exe file or something, as that was done a lot in the past for regular players like me), any other changes to it are optional. Rates would be great to be able to change, but anything beyond that is a bonus, and quite frankly I'd be just fine even playing on basic 1x rates (would provide me with a reason to live for the next year or so, which is sorely needed lol) and perhaps even on another oldschool version. Although I'd be quite sad if I had to play one where wands and all that had been added, as it's not the kind of Tibia experience I desire so strongly, but if it was the only option it's still Tibia (when it was still sort of Tibia and not an entirely new game yet) and I could even settle for that if I had to, if it meant I got to play. Multi-client is the only thing I can't do without, for training and manasitting purposes. But the client being 7.4 (or perhaps older) and being able to change the rates a tiny bit would be so fantastic and I wish I could just buy that as a game or something.

I would so greatly appreciate any response that doesn't mention a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo that I won't understand (or links me to some of it that isn't basically made for toddlers to be able to use). Just some replies to my queries would do, to enlighten me on if this can be done, with some pointers to the easiest ways, and what's possible or not. I don't know. I just want to play 7.4 single player Tibia, and the one post I found from a guy with basically the same wish as me had him referred to the introduction thing that might as well have been a recruitment post for NASA. Please, help me. And I'm really sorry if this is quite annoying and something you guys get a lot, or the wrong place to ask, or not something you help with at all. I just don't know what to do.

TL;DR
I want to have a functional basic 7.4 OT to play on entirely alone without the need for online connectivity, but I don't know the first thing about all the coding stuff, and it's impossible for me to figure it out even with the guides. Is there a way for me to make this dream happen?

Last edited:
I moved your thread to support, you should find more attention and help there I believe. But you wrote too much text tbh so hardly anyone understand what kind of help u looking for. If you really want to host server for play I think there is enough data-packs ready to run with exes and etc. Search here:
Data Packs (https://otland.net/forums/data-packs.464/)
If you can't understand anything use chatgpt. If you can't run any of the datapacks and encountering issues then be as specific with screenshots and description as you can and post in your thread or make new one so someone could find tips how to help for you.
In my humble opinion if you know how to use PC then you should setup your first server to play in a day or two. It is not that hard and look for tutorials in forum.

I moved your thread to support, you should find more attention and help there I believe. But you wrote too much text tbh so hardly anyone understand what kind of help u looking for. If you really want to host server for play I think there is enough data-packs ready to run with exes and etc. Search here:
Data Packs (https://otland.net/forums/data-packs.464/)
If you can't understand anything use chatgpt. If you can't run any of the datapacks and encountering issues then be as specific with screenshots and description as you can and post in your thread or make new one so someone could find tips how to help for you.
In my humble opinion if you know how to use PC then you should setup your first server to play in a day or two. It is not that hard and look for tutorials in forum.

Thank you for putting my thread in a better forum section. My original choice didn't seem right, but I went with it based on where a guy with a similar post had made his in the past.

I wrote a lot of text to be able to clarify things enough, I'm not sure why I accomplished the opposite with you. What did you have trouble understanding? I can try to re-explain if necessary. Otherwise I hope someone comes along who will be able to fully grasp my post. We all have different strengths, but technical things like hosting OTs is not one of mine, which is why I am seeking some answers for how to find a simple way to get an OT running, as all of these things in the forums are very difficult from my perspective.

You saying "there is enough data-packs ready to run with exes and etc" does increase my hope that there are actually some easy enough ways to make this happen, so thank you for that, even if we're not quite understanding each other. I will have a look at your link, with careful optimism, while I await further help. Thanks a lot for now!

as far as i know there's no free easy 7.4 solution, if you want real tibia experience best things would be the 7.7 ones:

if you don't wany any customisation the best choice for you would be probably the cipsoft files 7.7 server

if you want some customisation then probably that's the only kinda viable free option

as far as i know there's no free easy 7.4 solution, if you want real tibia experience best things would be the 7.7 ones:

if you don't wany any customisation the best choice for you would be probably the cipsoft files 7.7 server

if you want some customisation then probably that's the only kinda viable free option

When you say free, does that mean it's available through buying it from other people or something? Because I would definitely be up for looking into that.

If nothing else is possible, I could play 7.7, but I really want to exhaust every option for 7.4 as that's what I truly want to play and know that I'll enjoy the most.
That 7.7 post does look like it might be easier to set up than other things I've seen, but it still has some work that needs to be done, and if I do need to find my way through such things, I'd of course rather try with a 7.4 server. But my biggest concern is that it says you need Ubuntu for the 7.7 server, and I don't have a Linux pc, nor have I ever used one, so unless there's a way to do it on Windows I'm guessing it's literally impossible for me to use that 7.7 server :s

When you say free, does that mean it's available through buying it from other people or something? Because I would definitely be up for looking into that.

If nothing else is possible, I could play 7.7, but I really want to exhaust every option for 7.4 as that's what I truly want to play and know that I'll enjoy the most.
That 7.7 post does look like it might be easier to set up than other things I've seen, but it still has some work that needs to be done, and if I do need to find my way through such things, I'd of course rather try with a 7.4 server. But my biggest concern is that it says you need Ubuntu for the 7.7 server, and I don't have a Linux pc, nor have I ever used one, so unless there's a way to do it on Windows I'm guessing it's literally impossible for me to use that 7.7 server :s
try the scripted install it's one of the best things here to find

Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/)

some ppl are giving away other stuff to make it a little more 7.4 like magic system

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/post-2714291)

to run ots is business so it's not easy to find download and run that's not full of bugs and needs a lot of work for people selling services

All I want is a 7.4 world with multi-client (which I'm guessing is easy to add with just replacing the .exe file or something, as that was done a lot in the past for regular players like me), any other changes to it are optional. Rates would be great to be able to change, but anything beyond that is a bonus, and quite frankly I'd be just fine even playing on basic 1x rates (would provide me with a reason to live for the next year or so, which is sorely needed lol) and perhaps even on another oldschool version. Although I'd be quite sad if I had to play one where wands and all that had been added, as it's not the kind of Tibia experience I desire so strongly, but if it was the only option it's still Tibia (when it was still sort of Tibia and not an entirely new game yet) and I could even settle for that if I had to, if it meant I got to play. Multi-client is the only thing I can't do without, for training and manasitting purposes. But the client being 7.4 (or perhaps older) and being able to change the rates a tiny bit would be so fantastic and I wish I could just buy that as a game or something.
a reason to live? u have to create that need in a loving community of family and friends. u won't find it online.

imagine what u will but at the end of the day ur sitting alone in a room staring at a computer screen. it's not a replacement for life.

try the scripted install it's one of the best things here to find

Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server (https://otland.net/threads/script-and-tutorial-to-automate-install-of-leaked-7-70-server.284492/)

some ppl are giving away other stuff to make it a little more 7.4 like magic system

[7.7] RealOTS 7.7 Cipsoft files (virgin) (https://otland.net/threads/7-7-realots-7-7-cipsoft-files-virgin.244562/post-2714291)

to run ots is business so it's not easy to find download and run that's not full of bugs and needs a lot of work for people selling services

a reason to live? u have to create that need in a loving community of family and friends. u won't find it online.

imagine what u will but at the end of the day ur sitting alone in a room staring at a computer screen. it's not a replacement for life.

Thank you very much for that suggestion!
It doesn't look much easier than other stuff, but I'm guessing when you get down to it it is, and it seems to allow for me to try that server without having Linux. There's a supposedly ready-made 7.4 server in the downloads section that should also be easier to set up than doing it from scratch, and I really want to give that one a try as I so badly prefer that client version, but if it doesn't work out I will try your link for sure.

As for the reason to live stuff, life isn't much of an option for me anymore. But I still do what I can to improve on that, and in the meantime I need Tibia to balance out the hard work and help me get through each day :)

Thank you very much for that suggestion!
It doesn't look much easier than other stuff, but I'm guessing when you get down to it it is, and it seems to allow for me to try that server without having Linux. There's a supposedly ready-made 7.4 server in the downloads section that should also be easier to set up than doing it from scratch, and I really want to give that one a try as I so badly prefer that client version, but if it doesn't work out I will try your link for sure.

As for the reason to live stuff, life isn't much of an option for me anymore. But I still do what I can to improve on that, and in the meantime I need Tibia to balance out the hard work and help me get through each day :)
setup linux on windows with virtual machine is most of the work imo. but they have a good guide if u got time.
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/how-to-run-ubuntu-desktop-on-a-virtual-machine-using-virtualbox

let me know if u get the 7.4 to work. then I'll give it a try too. which one is it? if u need a good map here it is
https://otland.net/threads/7-4-authentic-real-map-extracted-from-tibicam-files.270466

best wishes for ur health. sorry i went too far about that yday

setup linux on windows with virtual machine is most of the work imo. but they have a good guide if u got time.
https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/how-to-run-ubuntu-desktop-on-a-virtual-machine-using-virtualbox

let me know if u get the 7.4 to work. then I'll give it a try too. which one is it? if u need a good map here it is
https://otland.net/threads/7-4-authentic-real-map-extracted-from-tibicam-files.270466

best wishes for ur health. sorry i went too far about that yday

I hadn't looked into any details yet, but the virtual machine thing being a lot of work like that doesn't sound too promising.

The 7.4 I found is this one:
It seems to have some changes, but nothing that sounds like it'd ruin the experience. There seems to be a lack of other options for 7.4 servers, and I'm not too picky, as long as it's a full real 7.4 world and I can use multi-client I can live with most other random details and changes.
What's the point of the map you suggested though, would the link I found not include one? Remember I'm clueless about all of this, so if it means I'd have to replace the included map with the one you link I would need to hope there's a guide for how to do that. Everything needs proper guides if I'm gonna have any chance of getting an OT going, haha.

Don't worry at all about the health stuff, you did nothing wrong in my opinion. People are so sensitive nowadays, and I'm not a very private person. This is perhaps not the right place to discuss that stuff, but you meant well and I appreciate your well wishes and all your help :)

I had a close look at the suggestions I have received here, and if the scripted install of the 7.7 CipSoft files is the easiest thing around, I am just doomed :(
It looks to me like I'd be building the game from scratch or something. I don't want to look like a spoiled and lazy person, but I am just literally incapable of doing these things. I don't see how I could make it through a single step of these tutorials, no matter how much I wish to accomplish this. They might as well be written in Sumerian or something, it would make about as much sense to me.

All this has accomplished is to make me exceedingly grateful for all these games I have played over the years where I just download/install and then play, rather than having to code the game myself.
If there is no easier way to do this, so those of us who can't do coding can have a world to play on, is it really not possible to have someone do the work for you? If people can write these tutorials, make these scripts, and easily install them (it blows my mind that you guys call this easy lol) so they can quickly play, why can't these functional and installed versions be transferred to others instead of just these long lists of instructions? Does no one ever help people get it done, are we all left to our own devices? Like I said before; I would happily pay or something if someone can help me get a world running, I really don't want to wait until a future where things have developed to the point where you can just download it and press a few buttons to start playing, like how you used to do and how it works when you join the OTs of others. I need my Tibia now, and I'll do whatever it takes to have it, but putting it together myself is simply not something I can do.

Will somebody please help me with this, or direct me to somebody who would/could? Perhaps with someone there to support me through the process I could do it myself, with them explaining everything as I go, as on my own the best case scenario would be that I need to come here to ask for tons of help like 10 times per step, and then I'd mess up everything anyway.
I don't know, just whatever it takes to have a running Tibia that I can just start and play. Please.

I have no idea what I just did. I made a double post and tried to edit one away but was left with one post that is now seemingly a quote of itself. How am I expected to be able to set up an OT when I can't even get forum posting right xD

Last edited:
that otx looks really bad imo
go for scripted install of 7.7
it's full noob proof

why u even need to mc so bad?
best ever 7.4 online now
500+ ppl to train with

that otx looks really bad imo
go for scripted install of 7.7
it's full noob proof

why u even need to mc so bad?
best ever 7.4 online now
500+ ppl to train with

The 7.7 one is what I looked at closely. I have a friend who studies programming that I showed it to an hour ago and he told me this is fairly complicated stuff for programmers, not for regular people who know nothing about coding. I guess since it's easy for you it's hard to see how difficult it might be for others. I'm kinda losing hope in ever being able to have an OT :/

And I need mc because I'm trying to play alone, if I wanted to play with other people right now I would just be joining that OT rather than asking for help to have my own. I'm not trying to host an OT for other people, I'm trying to play Tibia singleplayer to have a break from pvp and calmly enjoy the rest of the game, which is what I seek nowadays.

did u show him this?
because it's the only thing i can actually run
i'm total noob like u lol

and yea ofc u can mc with simple shortcut add "gamemaster" to the path

did u show him this?
because it's the only thing i can actually run
i'm total noob like u lol

and yea ofc u can mc with simple shortcut add "gamemaster" to the path

Yes, that's the one I showed him. I suppose there's different levels of noob when it comes to this stuff, haha. Have you managed to get it running and fully working? With implementing all the necessary things like acc creation and even the magic system changes that you linked me? Once it's up, is it easy to use? I saw some post where someone said they can't even close their server without losing their progress.

The mc thing is great to hear, but it doesn't help much if I can never set up a server to play on anyway...

I belive your best option is to play the dead server of "retroscores" you will be playing alone in the tibia version you are asking

I very much appreciate that advice, but servers always go down eventually, especially when they're empty. Last time I played OTs I played one nearly alone for months, then it went down. I want a stable place where I can slowly progress for the next year or so without any interruption.

you managed to get it running and fully working? With implementing all the necessary things like acc creation and even the magic system changes that you linked me? Once it's up, is it easy to use? I saw some post where someone said they can't even close their server without losing their progress.
it's first ot i got running yes, need to look around a bit in folders and otserv webpage. this magic system it's just unpack in folder and boom :] there's script to make new chars but i just made some cool ones to play. u can msg me for help if i can answer. saving progress is easy: ctrl+c. u can find more information with search function on otland, look for posts from experts etc

it's first ot i got running yes, need to look around a bit in folders and otserv webpage. this magic system it's just unpack in folder and boom :] there's script to make new chars but i just made some cool ones to play. u can msg me for help if i can answer. saving progress is easy: ctrl+c. u can find more information with search function on otland, look for posts from experts etc

Does the magic system also remove soul points? Those would be the most game ruining thing.
I looked at old update notes (7.5, 7.6, 7.7) to refresh my memory on the changes, and the soul points, breaking spears, and worms for fishing is all gonna suck. I also hope the outfits didn't already change in these versions. But I can learn to live with that stuff, I just really hope the magic changes also removed the soul points if they are in the 7.7 server. They weren't mentioned in the changelog of the magic system change post, or in the entire thread for the server, so maybe they're not there, or maybe people somehow don't care? If you've used the server, with the magic changes, can you please confirm if there are soul points or not? I would make runes all day long, but I wouldn't have time to regularly hunt on my sorc and druid just so I can make my runes.

I looked at the instructions you linked for making a VirtualBox and installing Ubuntu in it, and those instructions actually seemed really fast and easy. I am probably going to try it, and then pray to Zathroth that I can somehow manage to also get the 7.7 server up and working in there. My programmer friend told me a couple of small Linux things (like what commands are) that made the install instructions seem a little less scary and gave me hope that I can make it. I refuse to give up on my dream just yet xD

Oh, one more question in advance; Does the server just have basic 1x rates, and can they be changed? It's ok if they can't, but if it's doable and not super hard I would want to look into that too, as it would feel so much better if I can at least train skills and magic level a little bit faster, and it would make deaths less painful.

it's true tibia only got worse with every update, catering to baby's.
can't answer those specific questions atm.
i make equip and runes with gm lol.

no worries. it's your server so u can give urself soul points or other skills if needed.
and if u die just close virtual pc so it doesn't save xD

how to change rates isn't known to general public but for those who know anything is possible.

trust me soon as u got ubuntu going it's download and run with script..

read @SilverFern posts carefully
follow all instructions and remember to take snapshots every step of the way

Last edited:
If there's a simple GM command or whatever to get my soul points back up that would be an amazing way to negate that annoyance, which is probably otherwise gonna be the main problem.

How do I take snapshots and why are they needed?

Back