• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shalmar: You have to be magic level 2147483647 to learn this spell.

Penthelisea

Reaction score
21:06 Luigi: hi
21:06 Shalmar: Daraman's blessings, Luigi.
21:06 Luigi: spell
21:06 Shalmar: I can teach you rune spells and instant spells. What kind of spell do you wish to learn? You can also tell me for which magic level you would like to learn a spell, if you prefer that.
21:06 Luigi: 15
21:06 Shalmar: For magic level 15 I have 'Invisible'.
21:06 Luigi: invisible
21:06 Shalmar: Do you want to buy the spell 'Invisible' for 1000 gold?
21:06 Luigi: yes
21:06 Shalmar: You have to be magic level 2147483647 to learn this spell.

all npc same

TFS 1.2 :S

thanks all!

Last edited:
21:06 Luigi: hi
21:06 Shalmar: Daraman's blessings, Mayrena.
21:06 Luigi: spell
21:06 Shalmar: I can teach you rune spells and instant spells. What kind of spell do you wish to learn? You can also tell me for which magic level you would like to learn a spell, if you prefer that.
21:06 Luigi: 15
21:06 Shalmar: For magic level 15 I have 'Invisible'.
21:06 Luigi: invisible
21:06 Shalmar: Do you want to buy the spell 'Invisible' for 1000 gold?
21:06 Luigi: yes

all npc same

TFS 1.2 :S

thanks all!
I dont remember well but check in spells.lua the spell name it is incorrect like “invisibility” it should be “invisible” 😀 correct me if im wrong

<instant name="Invisible" words="utana vid" lvl="15" mana="210" aggressive="0" selftarget="1" needlearn="0" script="spells/invisible.lua">

<vocation name="Sorcerer"/>

<vocation name="Druid"/>

<vocation name="Master Sorcerer"/>

<vocation name="Elder Druid"/>

</instant>

I dont understand .... =/

Are you sure you are using 1.2? Because I checked official 1.2 and it looks like this
XML:
    <instant group="support" spellid="45" name="Invisibility" words="utana vid" lvl="35" mana="440" aggressive="0" selftarget="1" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="support/invisible.lua">
        <vocation name="Sorcerer" />
        <vocation name="Druid" />
        <vocation name="Master Sorcerer" />
        <vocation name="Elder Druid" />
    </instant>
or you copied it from different server?

The number actually already gives you a hint what the bug might be and implies a direction.
2147483647 is exactly 2^31 -1 and thereby known as a double Mersenne prime.
This was the largest known prime for a long time and is the largest positive number a 32-bit integer can be declared as.
I love it when people ask questions about those "random" large numbers because there is always a reason to why a computer chooses to show you this number.

This hints towards TFS being given an invalid value or none at all.
So for make sure the variable name is correct (maglv) for magic level for example.
Also note that sometimes certain characters don't show in normal text editors but are actually there. So just deleting it and writing, not copying, it again can also fix problems.

Back