• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Shielding doesnt increase even with shield

Exeus

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hi

I'm not sure whether I'm retarded or something, but I just compiled fresh TFS 1.2, created db with default schema and decided to test skilling shielding

and... it doesn't work <lol>

* I have shield

* Monster is hitting me (actual dmg, not just poofs)

* I'm hitting him (actual dmg, not just poofs)

is it something that I gotta fix in TFS Engine or I'm doing something totally wrong like didn't configure something (vocations?)?

Thanks in advance

Solution
You only gain shielding if you successfully block the hit, meaning you take zero damage from it. You need to edit Creature::blockHit where onBlockHit() is called and edit the logic of when it gets called if you want to still add shielding when taking damage.
You only gain shielding if you successfully block the hit, meaning you take zero damage from it. You need to edit Creature::blockHit where onBlockHit() is called and edit the logic of when it gets called if you want to still add shielding when taking damage.

Solution
Back