• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shirako ~Mapping Thread~

I really like your work on the woodland in the first post, I'm quite reminded of a childhood game, Below The Root, based on the book series The Green Sky trilogy.

1587493838641.png

It was a really interesting game that sparkled my imagination. It didn't matter that the Commodore 64 graphics could hardly do it justice, the story was great. The tree people versus the cave people, distrust because of a missing/kidnapped leader. I could smell the forest when I played, even living in the middle of the desert of Eastern Washington where it was a dust bowl of sage brush, some wheat fields, and endless apples. You have to navigate the puzzle landscape of the forest canopy, like a human squirrel, and reach fuzzy critters in difficult spots, and "pense" them, a sort of psychic touch. This would allow you increase your psychic power. Each bit of psychic power would let you use a kind of magic to grow a bit of branches, which opened up new areas. Basically you could only increase your mana pool one point at a time.

Allow me to share some very rare art related to it. Maybe it will inspire you to make more pretty forest. This is "Tree World Trilogy" by James Christensen, legendary artist for fantasy book covers on pro time, and drawer of strange angels and fish at home, who drew it for the cover of the Green Sky books.

1587496726404.png

@Lessaire I'll give it a go someday

~8~
VWyGXK3.png

(for Shadow Realm)

so, you're doing all those maps, can they be seen on any ots so i can play on your maps :D ?

Back