• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shiva Shadowsong Thread

DAmn, I want to plaay itt :) better than normal tibia.

They even have Gloves! GLOVES! GLOOOOOOOOOOVESS!

Those sprites up there are not used in any currently online projects, but I do sprites for Necronia, Medivia Online, did a bunch for Oldera/Classicus, World of One Piece, etc. So you can check those projects out if you're interested in custom stuff!

@Shadowsong I do hate rushed OTs, but pleeeeeeeeaaase hurry up with Necronia!

I'm doing my best with the given time mate. If only days were longer, eh :<

Here's some new stuff from me - I'm back in business :)

Grand Plate Stone Golem
Dark Knight Set
Coral Lord Set
Purple Mage Set
Leather Set
Toxic Cog Set
Featherman Set
Dragon Set
Arrow and Bolt
Fire Arrows and Bolts
Scavenger Arrows and Bolts
Frozen Arrows and Bolts
Poisoned Arrows and Bolts

UyWulZr.png

Copyright:
All sprites shown are the courtesy of their author or the person that bought the rights from the author and may not be used for commercial or non-commercial purposes without a permission.

Credits:
(Grand Plate Stone Golem based on Karn Liberated from MTG)
(Leather set colors influenced by Anevis' leather set)
(Dragon Set based on Anevis' dragon bow color scheme)​

MUST_NO_FAP!.jpg

Pure awesomeness man.. Any tips for a begginer?

Thank you, and sure!
I recommend you start by making 32x32 items, in particular Helmets and Swords, they are the best for learning perspective (helmets can be drawn from various perspectives), shading and simple/compact for outlining.

All you gotta learn to start spriting is picking out a nice color palette (5 colors is more than enough for a sprite), and learning how to shade by combining those colors.
If you don't know anything about shading yet, I suggest you learn some tricks by looking at other people's sprites by zooming in on them and inspecting the way the applied shades and highlights to their sprites. Check how they did it, in which measure, and at which places to get some effect of depth/glow on the sprite.

You can take a look on my website: http://www.pixelrealm.org/
There's a bunch of free downloadable sprites that you can use as templates, there's even some tutorials for beginners and what not.

Just take it easy and don't go with monsters until you master the items first. Once you feel a little more confident, you can try 64x64 objects such as drawers, refigirator, beds, etc. Household items are always a nice practice as you can find a ton of different designs on google to get inspired by.

Here's some new stuff from me guys!

Ferumbras Remake
Ferumbras' loot and quest chest.
For Medivia Online.

3ONx9ZO.png

New Equipment

Embersand Beduin Set
Arcane Warlock Set
Golden Gladiator Set
Steel Warrior Set
Chain Set

hq5bFLt.png

Work in Progress

Pokemon: Hydreigon

This is my first time working on creatures in this flat perspective, so let me know what you think!

CnqprfP.gif

Work in Progress

Pokemon: Hydreigon

This is my first time working on creatures in this flat perspective, so let me know what you think!

CnqprfP.gif

sazandra_by_xous54-d30cl3i.png
250px-635Hydreigon.png

The hydreigon concepts i found have very interesting geometric shapes, with volume, as most of the pokemons.

Your have a lot of detail but it's flat, focus on the volume and you'll get a good cartoon! (that's a easy technique that PXG spriters uses on their remakes now).
The hands remind me a crocodile, with a global shading they would appear with Hydreigon one.

I liked that sprite so i remade it:
10e2bn5.png

The way to draw is different but the shading is the same as in the perspective 45º, but with other light source (or not) you choose that.

Leshrot,

Last edited:
sazandra_by_xous54-d30cl3i.png
250px-635Hydreigon.png

The hydreigon concepts i found have very interesting geometric shapes, with volume, as most of the pokemons.

Your have a lot of detail but it's flat, focus on the volume and you'll get a good cartoon! (that's a easy technique that PXG spriters uses on their remakes now).
The hands remind me a crocodile, with a global shading they would appear with Hydreigon one.

I liked that sprite so i remade it:
10e2bn5.png

The way to draw is different but the shading is the same as in the perspective 45º, but with other light source (or not) you choose that.

Leshrot,

Thank you for your insight, I've inspected your remake a little and noticed some differences that made me realize where the flaws are in my sprite. I will use this to improve my own sprite if you don't mind.
I don't like the amount of highlights you used in your sprite, it looks too flashy for me, but of course, I'd comply with the client who orders the sprite. So far they expressed satisfaction with my sprite so I'm gonna keep at it for this time.

Helpful stuff!

SDLFJSDKLfjal;sdkfgadklfgadfl;sgdf those sprites are awesome. I would kill to see them in-game! Sadly Medivia isn't my type of server.
Really good job though! :)

Thank you for your insight, I've inspected your remake a little and noticed some differences that made me realize where the flaws are in my sprite. I will use this to improve my own sprite if you don't mind.
I don't like the amount of highlights you used in your sprite, it looks too flashy for me, but of course, I'd comply with the client who orders the sprite. So far they expressed satisfaction with my sprite so I'm gonna keep at it for this time.

Helpful stuff!

I don't mind, that was the purpose of my remake: help you! :)
We did that many times in Perspective 45, criticizes and edits for our friends to improve our quality, different views are always accepted..

As you said, you didn't like the highlights.
I also was not very pleased because the color was different from the concept, so I did 1 more edit.
344cn4x.png

Now I hope it's less bright and kept volume.

Back