• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Should not be able to post without selecting TFS Version!

Printer

if Printer then print("LUA") end
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

well i'm tired of people posting for help or requests without telling us the TFS version. I've asked several times for tfs version, some response quick and some it take hours which make me lose my joy to help them.

So, since people can't read about how to post threads and what information it should contains. I would love to see, req to choose TFS version before post!

Like this:
Zfckt7gA1.png

I agree! Maybe we need a warning system, where mods can give a warning to users who do this, and so many warning == automatic ban for a week or something, and repeat offenders get longer...

I back this issue!

I requested this a loooooong time ago.

http://otland.net/threads/more-prefixes-for-the-support-board.203422/

I hope it gets implemented now.

I agree! Maybe we need a warning system, where mods can give a warning to users who do this, and so many warning == automatic ban for a week or something, and repeat offenders get longer...

I back this issue!

Moderators(not support members sadly) have this feature but I think it is mostly unused. Then can give warnings, infractions and ultimately ban people.

Well i hope this time it will get attention. Since it's not just few people posting without version. It's almost 90% of those who want help, post no version. Until someone asks. ...

We could always announce discontinuation of support for those revs but sadly people will still insist on ignoring rules :(
Well, some people tend to find 0.3,0.4 much easier than 1.0.. So discontinuing it would not really help as you said, people will ignore the rules.

Moderators(not support members sadly) have this feature but I think it is mostly unused. Then can give warnings, infractions and ultimately ban people.

Well it's like you said, mostly unused I suppose, because I see people doing this all day long...

An even better idea is to stop using 0.3 and 0.4!

If only... Too bad we can't do this:
We could always announce discontinuation of support for those revs

But like he said, people will still ignore the rules...
Well, some people tend to find 0.3,0.4 much easier than 1.0.. So discontinuing it would not really help as you said, people will ignore the rules.

I don't understand how they could find it easier to use, how? Because there is more support now for 1.x I believe... I'm thinking it's more along the lines of the features.... Like being able to make custom attributes and more options in the xml files for items, vocations, outfits, mounts, ect...

I see quite a bit of reputable people posting on this, lets keep it going to raise the issue!

tfs 1.x is 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999x times easier (and better) than any other tfs, how can someone find it hard to understand? xD

@topic
+1 @Mark

Talking about it seems harsh, asking for support, now that's not following the rules (if support was discontinued)... And I don't think the client really matters, that's really a preference, but I'm with you, we need to move forward not backwards....

I was thinking for some time that it might be an idea to create a sticky thread about it in Support, like the one in Advertisement.
With an explanation (+ pictures) how people can see which version they are using and if they don't add it their thread will be deleted.
This might help aswell since much new people don't seem to know what a server version is or think it's not important to mention.

I would like to see the Support Board require a tag before being able to submit a new thread for two important reasons:

1. If each thread is tagged appropriately it is much easier for a Support Team member (or anyone looking to help) to get a general picture of what they're going to be expected to help with before even opening the thread; this is important because some would prefer to help with 0.3/0.4 issues and others would prefer to help with 1.x issues. For example, I know @Limos is more comfortable with 0.3/0.4 whereas both @Evan and I would prefer support a thread tagged "1.x"
2. It saves a lot of time. I'm sure I wouldn't have to search long or hard to find a few sample threads where the first (few) post(s) in reply to OP is asking "so what server version are you using?" The need for tags is evident by Limos' signature alone (as she spends more time in Support than [probably] any other user here.)

Why not just make a sticky?

No offense, but stickies are often times ignored.
If not ignored, the post requirements are sometimes forgotten even if a user has read the sticky once before. Not following a sticky's rules would result in threads deleted (a negative result) rather than creating appropriately tagged threads (a positive result.)

I think forcing tags would only improve the board. If someone truly has no idea what version of server they're using, we can make a sticky thread as a reference to help them find their server version.
Yes, it's a few seconds more work for OP, but they are receiving free help. We ought to give a helping hand to the Support team members and other non-support team helpers.

Red

I would like to see the Support Board require a tag before being able to submit a new thread for two important reasons:

1. If each thread is tagged appropriately it is much easier for a Support Team member (or anyone looking to help) to get a general picture of what they're going to be expected to help with before even opening the thread; this is important because some would prefer to help with 0.3/0.4 issues and others would prefer to help with 1.x issues. For example, I know @Limos is more comfortable with 0.3/0.4 whereas both @Evan and I would prefer support a thread tagged "1.x"
2. It saves a lot of time. I'm sure I wouldn't have to search long or hard to find a few sample threads where the first (few) post(s) in reply to OP is asking "so what server version are you using?" The need for tags is evident by Limos' signature alone (as she spends more time in Support than [probably] any other user here.)

If not ignored, the post requirements are sometimes forgotten even if a user has read the sticky once before. Not following a sticky's rules would result in threads deleted (a negative result) rather than creating appropriately tagged threads (a positive result.)

I think forcing tags would only improve the board. If someone truly has no idea what version of server they're using, we can make a sticky thread as a reference to help them find their server version.
Yes, it's a few seconds more work for OP, but they are receiving free help. We ought to give a helping hand to the Support team members and other non-support team helpers.

Red

Nuff said. I agree, this is a great idea!

Red
I just help with everything, doesn't matter which version it is, also barely used old 0.2 versions. Most support threads are still about TFS 0.3/0.4, which results in much support for that, but I think most people, including me, rather help with the latest versions. Main reason why it's important to know is because of the differences in these versions.
I do think it's a good idea, the sticky thread was more an extra (and/or alternative idea incase the suggestion from Printer isn't added) since as I mentioned much new people don't seem to know what a server version is or don't think it's important to mention.

I just help with everything, doesn't matter which version it is, also barely used old 0.2 versions. Most support threads are still about TFS 0.3/0.4, which results in much support for that, but I think most people, including me, rather help with the latest versions. Main reason why it's important to know is because of the differences in these versions.
I do think it's are a good idea, the sticky thread was more an extra (and/or alternative idea incase the suggestion from Printer isn't added) since as I mentioned much new people don't seem to know what a server version is or don't think it's important to mention.

true, it took me 3 weeks to understand what server version i'm using myself xD

Back