• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Should OTland ban real maps?

Should OTland ban Real Maps?

• Yes

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldnt have a problem with real maps if people actually care to play custom servers too. But its like the ot community went from having a purpose or a job to having a free source of money. I dont mid servers that are actually up-to-date and maintained and well ran. But servers that are downloaded and hosted with trainers added, no working quests no good features like working for addons is what bothers me. I dont think i should be able to go into the downloads section and host something from there and make $200 for absolutly nothing.

imo, they shouldnt be banned, its true that i dislike them, but its also true that like it or not, they are part of the ot community.

Banning RL Maps would probably lead to 1 of 2 things: People will move on from Tibia altogether or people will go to Cipsoft servers, both of these choices would kill a solid amount of players in OT Community, Choice 1 is obviously bad, but Choice 2 deserves some thinking, if those OT players that play on Real Maps would move to real tibia, then it might extend the game's life for a bit longer, while leaving the rest of the OT Community going with Custom Servers, which is what Open-Tibia should be all about, not about the real servers just to have a bit of PvP fun, might as well just go play a War/PvP OTs(what happened to them btw? its been some time since I heard about a War OTs with premade chars)

There was never much argument over real map's until people started making money off them.. it's part of the deal.

It's sad knowing this forum would die if they were banned, I would still be here though! :D I spend most time in the Community Chatboards haha

I agree. I wouldnt have a problem at all woth real maps if ANYONE and everyone couldnt host them for free money.

I am not against real maps, I am against people who download and just run them for some cash.

Then i'm backing my premium restriction point then. Seems we all agree. Those who wish to host such servers will have to part with some money (which in turn can aid otlands development)

Back