• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Should OTland ban real maps?

Should OTland ban Real Maps?

• Yes

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 55.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elda Swok

Searching New Project
Reaction score
I personally believe that otland allowing real map servers and datapacks and anything to do with real maps other than scripts and npcs is supporting them.

I have been a part of the OTland community for quite a few years now and I feel as if we need to bring back OTs not Real Maps. If you want to play CipSofts map, play real tibia and stop breaking the law by using their map. TFS wasn't designed to make OTs as real tibia. It was made to give you the ability to create your own custom server with the features as close to real tibia as they can get.

I voted no because they shouldn't ban it. However i reckon rl maps should be limited for premium. It would cut rl map users a bit and even increase otlands funding. Though this probably wont work in the long run. "otland 'selling' real maps or access to".

But as much as i hate rl maps i can't see it being justified to be banned.
I just feel restrictions should be placed or a boycott should be made but its the players that support rl maps not the owners. You need to get through to theirplayers.

No, it would hurt the community. And you don't want to do that.

I agree, if someone posts in support, "can you setup an 8.6 rl map on a dedicated for me?" we should turn our heads and continue on with our lives. But we shouldn't ban them.

Red

No, it would hurt the communities money source. And you don't want to do that.

I agree, if someone posts in support, "can you setup an 8.6 rl map on a dedicated for me?" we should turn our heads and continue on with our lives. But we shouldn't ban them.

Red
Lemme correct that for you :)

No red is right. The community would die. People would move forums

100% true bro.

We can change this stupid type of OTS, rl maps..

sadly but true that happened to Otfans they baned Real Map servers and they went into dead for some time. tho i agree with Ghost limit it to premium board will be nice

you can't compare a cancer with rl maps, with time rl maps will be a plague and nobody will play them so they will decrease and survive the best servers with better features

Dude how long have you been on Ots? 1 month 2? since the first release of Rl maps they became so popular now you only see Real MAP 999xp come DONATOR ITEMS YOU WILL BE SUPER STRONG !OMFG YOUR LVL ITS OVER 9000! omg.

I put a lot of work in to our real map. I'm constantly fixing and updating and tracking new areas. Real map servers aren't the problem, it's the people who are downloading and running without knowing a single damn thing about their server.

@up
How can you say its not the problem, if you are doing their work lol you just counter your statement lol DERP!

The whole point is they dont do work cuz they got Real Map already done they don't even create a new Island Quest City or what ever.

@up
How can you say its not the problem, if you are doing their work lol you just counter your statement lol DERP!

The whole point is they dont do work cuz they got Real Map already done they don't even create a new Island Quest City or what ever.

Who said I give them my work?

does rl map map need work???!!! they are just shit

@topic
i think rl maps are killing the whole ot-server community slowly
banning them is just like we are killing ots community as faster as we can

Last edited:
does rl map map need work???!!! they are just shit

@topic
i think rl maps are killing the whole ot-server community slowly
banning them is just like we are killing ots community as faster as we can

Of course they need work, what kind of stupid question is that?

It's not just the hosters who want to make real maps for money, its the players too.

If the players didn't like real maps, I'd say yeah, go for it. But everyone loves to play real maps except the occasional person.

I'm going to estimate 1 in 5 dislike real maps.

But, I'd love to see some new custom servers out there with different features. It's just that no one can find mappers for them which results in them going to use a real map server. Why?

Because people spoonfeed, so all they need is a real map server, they come to here, get everything they need by good hearted people who get nothing in return.

Back