• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shouldn't the map editor create a item.xml file?

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
When you save a map it creates a map-spawn.xml and a map-house.xml.
Why don't it have a map-item.xml with all action and unique ids? It would be much better for editing and checking.

Something like:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<items>
    <item itemid="1748" actionid="2000" uniqueid="0" posx="33124" posy="18239" posz="7"/>
</items>

Obs: never seen any piece of code of remeres project

Because it's supposed to be stored in binary format (OTBM: Open Tibia Binary Format). Items are the heaviest part of the map, which is why they should be in binary rather than a human-readable format because the file size would be enormous.

If I could I'd give you best answer for that haha

CipSoft definitely has within their map editor a manager for every object in the game, including monsters, actions, etc ... Just like if it was "RPG Maker XP" tool.

I remember in ancient distros like YurOTS, signs and all readables were stored in .xml files, I think teleports were stored in some .xml file too at some point
You can see readables here: divinity76/YurOTS (https://github.com/divinity76/YurOTS/blob/master/ots/data/readables.xml)

Good ol' days!

I remember in ancient distros like YurOTS, signs and all readables were stored in .xml files, I think teleports were stored in some .xml file too at some point
7.1 maps stores every tile in xml haha

CipSoft definitely has within their map editor a manager for every object in the game, including monsters, actions, etc ... Just like if it was "RPG Maker XP" tool.
Would be good if someone develop an IDsChecker for .otbm files. Maybe a little window just with a list with setter and getter.

Back