• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shove otservlist.org up your....

Kavalor

(Real)Creator of ChaosOT
Reaction score
On my server players are allowed to bot and idle train. My server is custom and I did donate for advertisement and I was banned for people afk training when it is allowed on my server. These OPEN TIBIA SERVERS ARE CUSTOM SERVERS,

That means they all have unique rules and regulations MADE BY THE OWNERS NOT YOU.

Yes I will file a reclaim through paypal and collect back what I sent for advertisement.

If you want to avoid being a douchbag scam site then implement a proper tag on the servers so people can see if the server allows AFK people training, else you are in the wrong by banning an OPEN CUSTOM SERVER WITH UNIQUE RULES.

And you may reply if I do not agree with your service I do not need to use it. However you violated the principle of open server rules with not allowing servers to self govern and banning them for things you do not like rather than just making a tag to show that they allow such things for the viewers of the lists.

I really dont see much of a point in that reply. I looked at that, the only rule resembling the one they banned me for was ...

We do not accept servers with modified/false informations (i.e. number of online players, record and uptime). Usually such servers are instantly detected and banned from otservlist including ip ban so it is harder to add a server in the future. Adding login servers (summing online players from a few servers) and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers) is also prohibited. You can also be banned for faking other servers (e.g. same name or website) so better think twice before you start breaking our rules!

None of the information on my server was modified. So before you reply with something like that try reading it.

“Try reading it”.

Are u dumb or you are so salty that you cant think?

“Counting quit players (eg. on trainers)”

You were clearly allowing your players to train idle? Cant read or what?

Otservlist dont care about ur server rules if you want to be on this site you have to obey their rules :)

Just chargeback. PayPal has virtual goods protection but you can win

and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers) is also prohibited

Like I said there are no non logout squares and no players doing this.

and counting quit players (e.g. on trainers) is also prohibited

Like I said there are no non logout squares and no players doing this.

If you attack a monster, then go afk or exit it will kick you for being idle in 15 minutes.

If you remove the idle kick, then someone can go afk or exit-log at trainers forever and you'll never be kicked offline.
The mechanism that kicks a player when they "exit log with battle signs" IS the idle-kick i believe.

i don't like it that its needed but you have to admit. if they don't add in this anti-idle check they people exploit it into insanity. (for example archlight has a system that rewards afk-trainers)
if he would be allowed to count his afk players he would have over 1000 players instead of like 200~
worse cases would be seen very quickly of people just mcing characters and logging them out at trainers

i'm not a fan of this kind of regulations but they are there for a good reason
(same as to why you can only have X amount of multi clients registered as online)(i think it's 4)

if you don't follow the rules then why do you expect to be allowed to have a server on otservlist?
otservlist was having a problem with servers pretending to big and spoofing players/counting a shit ton of afk players so they would become more popular
the new rule solves that issue, and now you're not allowed to count afk players as an "active" or unique player.
the rule doesn't say you have to stop afk training completely, you're just not allowed to count them in your max players online.
here's the code if you need it to stop counting afk players and multiple ips
Very important - Rules change on otservlist.org
if you're using an outdated tfs version like 0.4 or 0.3.6, someone posted code but it was untested here:
Very important - Rules change on otservlist.org
maybe you could try to open a discussion with xinn privately instead of lashing out

When he checked your server to make sure people were being kicked for being idle in trainers he probably logged in, started training, xlogged to another character, waited 15 minutes, and saw it was still online. I would suggest keeping idle time as default 15 minutes. Alternatively you can also remove idle-kick but flag players as idle so they are not reported to otservlist as players online. In addition, there is a new rule about the maximum number of multi-clients that can be counted and reported as unique players (to prevent some servers from encouraging players to mass mc to boost online records... there have been several these past few years lol).

We have had many many issues with otservlist bans on Deathzot over the years, the majority of which were resolved via email with Xinn. The issue is that it takes a while to relay information back and forth with him. On average each exchange of information we had with him took 3-6 days and his system accidentally banned our server half a dozen times before he figured out the problem and resolved it fully. My suggestion would be to send an email to him and give him a week to see it and respond. I am sure he will get back to you and let you know what the problem is and help you get it resolved, assuming there was no intentional spoofing on your end.

Amazing rant!

"I have this rule in my server that I send 100000 online players information to otservlist but they all afk and botting, or even not online at all, and you don't accept it!!!"

If DarkOT is any proof they do accept false information haha

50 real players over lvl 50 350 characters under lvl 50

Just send him more money and he will white list you xD

You guys are missing the point.

The point being made here is that not all OTs can fit within those rules, those rules pretty much just apply to 'Real Tibia Clones'.

However, not all people want to make a real Tibia clone, some want to make a custom server where the way the game is played could be completely different.

An example is if I made a 'Clicker Heroes' style server, where the game would try to recreate the 'idle game' experience, I would just place a player in their own little room, with a monster in front of them, and a shop NPC and a Point spending NPC behind the player. The player could set if they want to auto-advance on a monster kill, or stay at a certain 'level' monster. Advancement is auto, and when you hit a road block, you can grind out on a lower level monster (which is automated for you) or you can rebirth to start off with a higher starting amount of skill points to better develop your character.

The monster, if killed, would auto respawn a new monster that is slightly stronger, and again the player would attack it, and kill it. This goes on indefinitely in an idle game.

Most idle games will have different abilities based off of idle game play, or active game play, and this could easily be made into an OT server.

For the game to work, the player would be ENCOURAGED TO afk the game, and auto acquire a target to attack.

This could be the whole focus of a server, or a unique training system.

However the rules set on otservlist are so binary, it prevents a server like I explained above to be advertised on it, thus partly killing creativity in the community.

The OT server list should just have different categories for custom servers, and servers that implement different rules on afking to better accommodate different game styles.

To just say 'if you don't follow the rules, don't complain' is against the very nature of an open community such as this, where we should be encouraging one another to make our own unique games.

The otservlist is a cornerstone of the OT community as it is the hub of advertisement, for better or worse, so the the otservlist should be altered to better represent custom game efforts.

Wall of text.

That makes no sense because you are ignoring the total context of otservlist, player count attract more players and people game online count to attract more players.

"Ohhh but my game is a totally different thing", doesn't matter, you want your server listed with others totally different games while your player count represents a totally different thing in a list where the amount of players online is all that matters.

Your point is sort of related with OP cry, but is a totally different discussion. If you server is a totally different thing, why you want it listed with the others? I totally got you wanting a place to advertise new ideas, but xinn is running a business, and unless it gives him some return there is no incentive to open this space, and certainty not to compromise the integrity of the list by listing such player count spoofing servers with the others.

Last edited:
I see no point in using otservlist if I am expected to conform to a set of rules I do not see fit for my server. It is that simple.

There are other server listings so I will use them, now with that clear I will state that sportacus does understand what my point was and it is very possible for a server list that bans people and detects so many "problem servers" to simply set notations next to server showing that the online count my be inaccurate or not properly reflect the actual online count....

As for you....

That makes no sense because you are ignoring the total context of otservlist, player count attract more players and people game online count to attract more players.

"Ohhh but my game is a totally different thing", doesn't matter, you want your server listed with others totally different games while your player count represents a totally different thing in a list where the amount of players online is all that matters.

Your point is sort of related with OP cry, but is a totally different discussion. If you server is a totally different thing, why you want it listed with the others? I totally got you wanting a place to advertise new ideas, but xinn is running a business, and unless it gives him some return there is no incentive to open this space, and certainty not to compromise the integrity of the list by listing such player count spoofing servers with the others.

With a mentality like that you give up your freedoms for security, and in that you gain neither.

When he checked your server to make sure people were being kicked for being idle in trainers he probably logged in, started training, xlogged to another character, waited 15 minutes, and saw it was still online. I would suggest keeping idle time as default 15 minutes. Alternatively you can also remove idle-kick but flag players as idle so they are not reported to otservlist as players online. In addition, there is a new rule about the maximum number of multi-clients that can be counted and reported as unique players (to prevent some servers from encouraging players to mass mc to boost online records... there have been several these past few years lol).

We have had many many issues with otservlist bans on Deathzot over the years, the majority of which were resolved via email with Xinn. The issue is that it takes a while to relay information back and forth with him. On average each exchange of information we had with him took 3-6 days and his system accidentally banned our server half a dozen times before he figured out the problem and resolved it fully. My suggestion would be to send an email to him and give him a week to see it and respond. I am sure he will get back to you and let you know what the problem is and help you get it resolved, assuming there was no intentional spoofing on your end.

Thanks for the info, but a toxic system banning servers like that.... I can't believe you guys allowed this while I was gone :p

Sometimes a man must stand up for himself, they should add those tags and perhaps a subset of servers who are detected to be running alternate configurations so both the server and the players can be aware without excluding people. I do not really feel like going back and forth with 6 day email trails for something that should be automated without anyone getting griefed, host or otservlist.

Thanks for the info, but a toxic system banning servers like that.... I can't believe you guys allowed this while I was gone :p

Most people are quite sick of how otservlist only cares about the number of players online with absolutely no consideration for the quality of the service and so people have created new lists. With that said, the sad reality of the matter is that otservlist has been around for such a long time that anyone that has played OT since that long ago time that comes back to OT occasionally just instinctively types in otservlist.org and half of new players don't even know/care that otland exists which is the only way they would find out that a new server list exists.

But like I said in my previous post, there are options so that you can allow people to afk for an indefinite amount of time if that's how you want your server to work. Personally, I just made it so as soon as the players client is closed, the afk timer is activated. This means that so long as a player is connected to the game server, they are always considered "active". This was the best idea I could come up with after several exchanges with Xinn, at the end of the day all he wants is to make sure that each player being reported to the list is an actual player. For such a long time people were making no-logout zones on their server and xlogging tens if not hundreds of characters in said zone and they would just stick there until the server was rebooted thus boosting that servers player count. Then people try out the server expecting a nice populated community only to find that it is a barren wasteland.

Here are some other simple changes you can do that will not effect the players gameplay experience at all and still allow your server to fit within the set of rules otservlist has:
  • You can remove the kicking of an afk player after 15 minutes but simply not report them as an active player.
  • You can allow as many MCs as you want but only report up to 4 of them to otservlist.
  • You can use no-logout zones but prevent the server from reporting players who have been idle for 15 minutes inside of said zone.
  • You can prevent the server from reporting any player that has no client present (when a player x-logs).
These changes would allow your players to utilize all of said systems without actually breaking the otservlist rules. The only difference is that players using those systems would not be considered "active players" for the sole purpose of otservlist (you could still display them on your own website).

@Peonso
I know this reply may be too long for your attention span but please do try and put a bit of effort into reading it before you shitpost me. I will post a tldr for you as well just in case.

You are being extremely ignorant to the actual problem at hand here. He simply changed the idle time on his server from 15 minutes to 30 and this change is what is being discussed. He personally doesn't feel that 15 minutes is sufficient time for his players to be kicked from the game. Your opinion on the matter is irrelevant as you don't know the reasoning behind it. For all you know, he could have a system on his server where you ride a mining cart from point a to point b and it could very well take 20 minutes to reach said destination. Given this fact, kicking the player partway through his journey would be extremely annoying for the player if he/she wanted to start the journey and go eat while he "drives" to the destination. Now... would this be terrible game design? Yes it would. It is your place to tell someone they cannot put said system into their server because you don't like it? Not in the least.

Also what you fail to understand is that otservlist does not give a shit about you allowing players to do what I just described. Xinn specifically cares about servers that are reporting fake/non-existent players. The issue is that some his methods of determining if said server is "spoofing" do not consider the fact that there is a config option to change the idle time of a server. He simply assumes that if you don't get kicked within 15 minutes, then you have disabled afk kick and are most likely spoofing. It would be different if the 15-minute idle time was hard coded into TFS so that it wasn't so easily changed but the fact of the matter is that any noob can pick up a server, put it online, go into the config to start setting everything how they want it, and they could easily see the idle-kick option and say to themselves "oh yea being kicked every 15 minutes is annoying, I'm going to make it 1 hour" and in doing so, they don't even realize that the moment Xinn (or whoever he has doing this) logs into the server to check the idle-time, his server is going to be banned from the list for 30-days.

tldr
If you cannot be objective and/or don't know/understand all of the facts, maybe you should refrain from posting and making yourself look like a complete asshat. This is a discussion about a server that was potentially banned for simply changing the idle-kick time from 15 minutes to 30. Based on the information in this thread there was no intentional spoofing on the servers end.

For you to instantly jump to this conclusion is childish and ignorant, grow up...
Amazing rant!

"I have this rule in my server that I send 100000 online players information to otservlist but they all afk and botting, or even not online at all, and you don't accept it!!!"

The "context" of the otservlist is to create a database of all the available OT Servers that are online, so that people interested in playing an OT have a place to see what is available.

The game I discussed above is still an OT, it would use all the base systems that other servers would use, but goes off in it's own direction as far as it's 'core concept' is. Open Tibia (in my opinion) wasn't developed to just host clones of real Tibia, but rather was an outlet for hobbyists that wanted create their own MMORPG. So the game I detailed would still be an OT, and belongs on the list.

The OT community is rather small, and to go and advertise on another site would be self-defeating. The OT servlist is a decent service, I am just stating that some of the rules are obviously designed for 'real map' servers and not custom projects.

It should also be stated, I was only referring to allowing AFK people, not allowing people to spoof and what not. Currently, the OTservlist does allow AFK players to be counted, just it requires them to beat the 'afk kick system'. A lot of servers have cavebotters on them, those people aren't actively playing the game, but the server sees them as playing just like anyone else.

You could simply count 'AFK' players in a separate counter than active players, and it would be a proper representation of the population for the otservlist.

it's not about allowing it... if you want to get players u need to use otservlist... if people would all use other sites it woulden't be a problem but 90% of the players who play otservers log in true otservlist :(

(on that note i know the rules are bullshit ) but a otservlist monopoly hurts :/

Back