• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Showcase] New modifications (OTClient + TFS)

Would I able too touch them naughty?
Will see šŸ¤­

Actually... What do you guys say about thieving? New skill Thieving that allows to steal stuff from trading NPCs. The higher skill level the better chance to steal and ability to steal from different NPCs (stealing from food shop will be easier than stealing from blacksmith). But... if we fail, NPC will hit us for X% of our HP and at some point 2 guards will spawn trying to kill us, sure, we can kill them but good luck with that (not saying it won't be doable). AOL won't help you here if you die, they will consume some of your money (even from bank) and confiscate any stolen goods. That will make Tibia world living.

P.S. Yes, I did play RuneScape, I'm fanboy of RS so prepare for more stuff based on that game šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Will see šŸ¤­

Actually... What do you guys say about thieving? New skill Thieving that allows to steal stuff from trading NPCs. The higher skill level the better chance to steal and ability to steal from different NPCs (stealing from food shop will be easier than stealing from blacksmith). But... if we fail, NPC will hit us for X% of our HP and at some point 2 guards will spawn trying to kill us, sure, we can kill them but good luck with that (not saying it won't be doable). AOL won't help you here if you die, they will consume some of your money (even from bank) and confiscate any stolen goods. That will make Tibia world living.

P.S. Yes, I did play RuneScape, I'm fanboy of RS so prepare for more stuff based on that game šŸ¤£
Too much field to exploit it i believe.

Will see šŸ¤­

Too much field to exploit it i believe.
How so? You will lose HP, won't be able to steal for next 3s, at some point probably get killed by guards and lose progress. It's not something you would like to do all the time but occasionally for easy but not big profit. This can be expanded with player reputation, worse reputation equals bigger prices / unable to buy from NPCs in a city. Stolen items can be marked as stolen and that will make them harder to sell to NPC so you will have to look for NPC that is from thieves guild.

Haha, not that kind of stealing šŸ˜…

I think that stealing at some point will be hard to balance, so either useless or too overpowered.
On the "friendly monsters", however, id rather see them as NPCs that you can interact with than as monsters. But that's up to you, nice work so far, keep it up

Last edited:
I think that stealing at some point will be hard to balance, do either useless or too overpowered.
On the "friendly monsters", however, id rather see them as NPCs that you can interract with than as monsters. But that's up to you, nice work do far, keep it up
It's just a thought, I'm glad people are discussing about it.
In what way would you like to interact with them?

Imagine people making 10 new characters just to steal things. And so on.

Imagine people making 10 new characters just to steal things. And so on.
That's up to owner to handle that kind of behavior. Actually @ochmar is right about balancing this, making it not useless and not the best way of making money would be hard.

That's up to owner to handle that kind of behavior. Actually @ochmar is right about balancing this, making it not useless and not the best way of making money would be hard.
It's not worth to handle indeed.

Nop easy, to balance make level/skills requirement to be able to steal something that way you will avoid spamming, about punishment instead of spawning monster or dealing random damage give wanted level so people who kill him will get X amount of gold the higher wanted level the more gold people will get so automatically people will hunt him. You're welcome.

Nop easy, to balance make level/skills requirement to be able to steal something that way you will avoid spamming, about punishment instead of spawning monster or dealing random damage give wanted level so people who kill him will get X amount of gold the higher wanted level the more gold people will get so automatically people will hunt him. You're welcome.
As I stated before, certain NPCs will require higher skill level to steal from them. I was thinking about bounties on thieves, but then people will sit next to NPCs and wait for someone to get big bounty. Now you made thieving useless, so you see it's not that easy.

As I stated before, certain NPCs will require higher skill level to steal from them. I was thinking about bounties on thieves, but then people will sit next to NPCs and wait for someone to get big bounty. Now you made thieving useless, so you see it's not that easy.
So go steal next time when there is no one around npc. Like irl you are not going to steal if there is police around. People have life these days no one is going to sit next too npc.

So go steal next time when there is no one around npc. Like irl you are not going to steal if there is police around. People have life these days no one is going to sit next too npc.
Oh trust me they would. People love to punish others.

Lets end this topic for now. Working on something very cool right now, hope to share progress today.

#Edit
Another addition to spells. Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you - Incantation! Special spells that have to be cast in specific order to work. This is close to Combo Spells but not exactly. Combo Spells are used on cast while Incantation are used after X seconds or after last Incantation spell is used. I hope this video will explain it better.

Last edited:
This is great! So many new possibility to new mechanics

This is something fresh that I haven't seen for a while.
Please keep doing and keep inspiring.

New item Teleportation Crystal.
Teleports back to your city temple after 8 seconds. Movement, attacking or being attacked will cancel teleportation.
With this I'm showing new thing that I've added recently - Progressbar. It's just a bar below players health bar. Can be used on server side and sent to the player via lua player:setProgressbar(duration) where duration is time (in ms) for the bar to shrink (0 = remove bar). That allows for various usage that you will see in the future.
Here is a video example

Last edited:
Not a suggestion is more more like a question, can the Progress bar move left to right instead of right to left?

Not a suggestion is more more like a question, can the Progress bar move left to right instead of right to left?
Of course, that's what I did at first. But when it's going from right to left, it indicates that something is going to end. It might depend on what it's indicating. If you want to load something, like a spell to cast then moving from left to right is a better option. But when you use spell that works for set amount of time (channeling spell) then moving from right to left is better.
Coming to conclusion, adding one more parameter as boolean that indicates if bar should shrink or grow is a good workaround for this.

P.S. Taking day off today so nothing new will be added. Tomorrow I'll work on finishing Advanced Trading.

Last edited:
It's nice to see some good ideas.

I guess this will also fit this project:

Back