• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SIMPLE ALL IN ONE: From nothing to a fully working dedicated server on Ubuntu

Hey @Don Daniello,

Let's say we want to run the server with gdb and we would also like to log any crash reports while still being able to have it restart automatically as it does already, would be you be able to show me how to do that?
I don't know how to run gdb in a non-interactive way, maybe it's possible - you should be able to find that in gdb's documentation

If you want to access core dumps, that should be easy and already available. Try "coredumpctl" (https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/coredumpctl.html). The restarter will restart it anyway.

Hello!
This is the second reinstall I am doing, and I keep getting this error when running the third command.
Is the something obvious I am doing wrong?

Error.png

Hello!
This is the second reinstall I am doing, and I keep getting this error when running the third command.
Is the something obvious I am doing wrong?
Try to upgrade all packages in your server first. Looks like a problem establishing HTTPS connection to github. May be temporary.

Hm.
I tried to run the command again and it worked. Seems it was just temporary. Thank you for the quick response!

I have encountered another problem. During the ansible it fails on installing php5-fpm.
2016-05-03%2021_29_31-TibiaOT%20on%20HYPERV%20-%20Virtual%20Machine%20Connection.png

I think I have done everything that i should have done. Thank you

Paste the output of the following commands:
Code:
grep -h ^deb /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*
cat /etc/debian_version

oracle virtualbox, ubuntu 16.04 LTS, got stuck here
Code:
TASK [Upgrade whole system] ****************************************************

after closing the terminal and re-executing ansible-pull I get this
Code:
TASK [Upgrade whole system] ****************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "'/usr/bin/aptitude full-upgrade' failed: E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)\nE: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?\nW: Could not lock the cache file; this usually means that dpkg or another apt tool is already installing packages.  Opening in read-only mode; any changes you make to the states of packages will NOT be preserved!\nE: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)\nE: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?\n", "stdout": "Reading package lists...\nBuilding dependency tree...\nReading state information...\nReading extended state information...\nInitializing package states...\nBuilding tag database...\n", "stdout_lines": ["Reading package lists...", "Building dependency tree...", "Reading state information...", "Reading extended state information...", "Initializing package states...", "Building tag database..."]}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost                  : ok=13   changed=0    unreachable=0    failed=1

after os restart and executing again:
Code:
TASK [Install php5-fpm] ********************************************************
failed: [localhost] => (item=[u'php5-fpm', u'php5-apcu', u'php5-mysqlnd', u'php5-json', u'php5-cli', u'php5-curl']) => {"failed": true, "item": ["php5-fpm", "php5-apcu", "php5-mysqlnd", "php5-json", "php5-cli", "php5-curl"], "msg": "No package matching 'php5-fpm' is available"}

It hasn't been tested for 16.04 yet. You can open an issue on GitHub and I'll get to it soon.

done
I'm in hurry so I will try ubuntu 15.10 instead.

edit: ok, thx

Last edited:
now I'm stuck here:
Yl9l61j.jpg

at this point on 16.04 it started to output stuff already, on 15.10 it doesn't do anything.

My ISP might be the problem (messed university dormitory network). I'll try again at home next week.

when I restart the machine and execute all commands again I'm getting "all hosts have already failed" error

with --purge it gets stuck at "set php.ini default_timezone"

starting tfs with otsmanager:
Code:
Could not watch jobs: Connection reset by peer

Last edited:
Hello, im using aversions of ubuntu, i will try with ubuntu 14.4/15.04/16.04 and all giveme this error:

TASK [loginctl enable-linger otsmanager] ***************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["loginctl", "enable-linger", "otsmanager"], "delta": "0:00:00.002397", "end": "2016-06-18 22:18:38.609649", "failed": true, "rc": 1, "start": "2016-06-18 22:18:38.607252", "stderr": "Failed to create bus connection: No such file or directory", "stdout": "", "stdout_lines": [], "warnings": []}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=20 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1

@G!aN 14.04 will not work because it doesn't have systemd.
Try running "loginctl" command and see the output.

Hey @Don Daniello,

I'm trying to install on Ubuntu 15.10 and I keep getting a problem with cotire, when I try to re-do the last command I get an error like this:
Code:
TASK: [Download latest TFS from git] ******************************************
failed: [localhost] => {"failed": true}
msg: Local modifications exist in repository (force=no).

My question is how can I force it to continue anyways? I tried by adding -f to the last command but to no avail.

Thank you

Hey @Don Daniello,

I'm trying to install on Ubuntu 15.10 and I keep getting a problem with cotire, when I try to re-do the last command I get an error like this:
Code:
TASK: [Download latest TFS from git] ******************************************
failed: [localhost] => {"failed": true}
msg: Local modifications exist in repository (force=no).

My question is how can I force it to continue anyways? I tried by adding -f to the last command but to no avail.

Thank you
rm -rf /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver

That will delete your whole forgottenserver directory

rm -rf /home/otsmanager/forgottenserver

That will delete your whole forgottenserver directory

Thanks @Don Daniello but I when I do that and try to install it I once again get an error about cotire:
Code:
TASK: [Compile forgottenserver source] ****************************************
failed: [localhost] => {"changed": true, "cmd": ["make"], "delta": "0:00:02.063826", "end": "2016-07-01 00:15:26.299695", "rc": 2, "start": "2016-07-01 00:15:24.235869", "warnings": []}
stderr:
c++: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault (program cc1plus)
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-5/README.Bugs> for instructions.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/otpch.cpp.o] Error 4
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
stdout: [  1%] Generating CXX prefix source cotire/tfs_CXX_prefix.cxx
[  2%] Generating CXX prefix header cotire/tfs_CXX_prefix.hxx
[  3%] Building CXX precompiled header cotire/tfs_CXX_prefix.hxx.gch
Scanning dependencies of target tfs
[  5%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/otpch.cpp.o
CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/build.make:71: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/src/otpch.cpp.o' failed
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:122: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/tfs.dir/all' failed
Makefile:75: recipe for target 'all' failed

FATAL: all hosts have already failed -- aborting

PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************
           to retry, use: --limit @/root/local.retry

localhost                  : ok=64   changed=16   unreachable=0    failed=1

Is there some way I can skip the compiling step so I can do it manually or a way to make it compile without cotire through the automated system?

Is there some way I can skip the compiling step so I can do it manually or a way to make it compile without cotire through the automated system?

Yes, the default is:
Code:
ansible-pull -i localhost, -U https://github.com/DevelopersPL/otshosting-provisioning.git -d /srv/otshosting-provisioning --purge -t default,phpMyAdmin,DevAAC,tfs,tfs-old,wine

You can run:
Code:
ansible-pull -i localhost, -U https://github.com/DevelopersPL/otshosting-provisioning.git -d /srv/otshosting-provisioning --purge -t default,phpMyAdmin,DevAAC,tfs-old

Back