• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SIMPLE ALL IN ONE: From nothing to a fully working dedicated server on Ubuntu

After upgrading to ubuntu 20.04 it is no longer possible to compile OTserv TFS 0.4 above. The error follows:

Screenshot_6.png

I spent the entire night trying to migrate my local 8.6 server, running on my Windows machine, to a VPS running Ubuntu.
I am on the verge of going crazy.

I thought this was going to help, but I am getting different errors, either by trying the 1806 config or upgrading and trying the current one. I know it's way too much to ask, but any way you can give more detailed instructions on how to run this?

After upgrading to ubuntu 20.04 it is no longer possible to compile OTserv TFS 0.4 above. The error follows:

View attachment 45403
Delete -werror from cmake
I spent the entire night trying to migrate my local 8.6 server, running on my Windows machine, to a VPS running Ubuntu.
I am on the verge of going crazy.

I thought this was going to help, but I am getting different errors, either by trying the 1806 config or upgrading and trying the current one. I know it's way too much to ask, but any way you can give more detailed instructions on how to run this?
you need a ubuntu 18.04+ fresh installation and follow the guide it is so easy you dont have to do nothing just copy and paste nothing more.

Delete -werror from cmake

you need a ubuntu 18.04+ fresh installation and follow the guide it is so easy you dont have to do nothing just copy and paste nothing more.

The command I tried:
Code:
ansible-pull -i localhost, -U https://github.com/DevelopersPL/otshosting-provisioning.git -d /srv/otshosting-provisioning --purge -t default,phpMyAdmin,DevAAC,tfs,tfs-old -C ubuntu1804

The result I got:

Lua:
localhost | FAILED! => {
    "changed": false,
    "cmd": "/usr/bin/git checkout --force ubuntu1804",
    "msg": "Failed to checkout ubuntu1804",
    "rc": 1,
    "stderr": "error: pathspec 'ubuntu1804' did not match any file(s) known to git.\n",
    "stderr_lines": [
        "error: pathspec 'ubuntu1804' did not match any file(s) known to git."
    ],
    "stdout": "",
    "stdout_lines": []
}

Maybe the branch was removed or something?

I have recently compiled r3884 and it required many many changes to make it compatible with recent versions of libraries. That's the cost of using abandoned software, don't do that.

Maybe the branch was removed or something?
I don't recall that branch ever existing. The branch for 18.04 is currently called v2.
You should use 20.04 though, the v2 branch is not supported by me anymore.

I have recently compiled r3884 and it required many many changes to make it compatible with recent versions of libraries. That's the cost of using abandoned software, don't do that.

I don't recall that branch ever existing. The branch for 18.04 is currently called [inline]v2[/inline].
You should use 20.04 though, the v2 branch is not supported by me anymore.

Would you be able to provide any version compatible with the old TFS?

Example when using ansible for ubuntu 18.04

Would you be able to provide any version compatible with the old TFS?
Uhm, no. You haven't defined what old TFS is. There are very old versions and less old versions. TFS 1.1 is old. There is probably no OS supported currently that would let you compile very old TFS without any fixes.

Uhm, no. You haven't defined what old TFS is. There are very old versions and less old versions. TFS 1.1 is old. There is probably no OS supported currently that would let you compile very old TFS without any fixes.

In fact, I was wondering if it is still possible to use the ansible version of ubuntu 18.04, if this repository still exists

(I think) I managed to install everything properly (after having to install unrar, boost, delete some SQL values that were giving warnings and crying a little bit).

Buuuut, now when I log in as otsmanager, I can't run any commands related to tfs. They all give me a warning related to not being able to connect to bus, no such file/directory. Any ideas?

edit: I logged in using ssh otsmanager@ip + pass: otsmanager.

edit: Plus, serverip returns Device "eth0" does not exist.

Last edited:
Buuuut, now when I log in as otsmanager, I can't run any commands related to tfs. They all give me a warning related to not being able to connect to bus, no such file/directory. Any ideas?

edit: I logged in using ssh otsmanager@ip + pass: otsmanager.
It depends on exactly how you log in and how well the rest of the system behaves. It's not an issue in v3.

edit: Plus, serverip returns Device "eth0" does not exist.
This script only expects eth0 interface, yours is probably differently named.

have a problem in etch0:
Welcome to Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.4.0-29-generic x86_64) * Documentation: https://help.ubuntu.com * Management: https://landscape.canonical.com * Support: https://ubuntu.com/advantage Welcome to OTS Hosting preconfigured server! If you are a spigu.net customer, you can obtain premium help at https://spigu.net Community support available at https://otland.net/forums/support.16/ 0 updates can be installed immediately. 0 of these updates are security updates. Your Hardware Enablement Stack (HWE) is supported until April 2025. Last login: Sat May 16 15:29:44 PDT 2020 on pts/2 =================== MySQL =================== Device "eth0" does not exist. phpMyAdmin: https:///pma3380 Username: otsmanager Password: aYA8VPDqJO2S01Ta4HTBNs9X You can execute mysql commands without a password. Total size and location of MySQL backups: 4.0K /var/lib/automysqlbackup/ Put your website files in /home/otsmanager/www/public_html =================== TFS commands =================== If you run TFS with the following commands, it will auto restart. Enable auto-start on boot: sudo systemctl enable tfs Disable auto-start on boot: sudo systemctl disable tfs Start TFS: sudo systemctl start tfs Stop TFS: sudo systemctl stop tfs Restart TFS: sudo systemctl restart tfs Check status of TFS: sudo systemctl status tfs Show full TFS log: journalctl -u tfs (q to exit) Follow TFS console: journalctl -u tfs -f (CTRL+C to stop) =================== Useful commands =================== Update TFS to latest master: updatetfs Show service due date: duedate Show server IP: serverip Share a file: transfer path/to/file date: option requires an argument -- 'd' Try 'date --help' for more information. Your service expires on Current TFS status: [sudo] password for otsmanager: otsmanager is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

=================== MySQL ===================
Device "eth0" does not exist.

i use a comand
ifconfig
and there was nothing installed, I installed and restarted the machine, but the error continues.

Use VMWare pro 14

From your admin account, type:
adduser otsmanager sudo

Then your info should work. @willianbobela

Last edited:
What can i do if i get this warning:
I solved it
Post automatically merged:

How can i delete all the files created by executing the code so i can re-install everything again? I can't login with the username "otsmanager" and password "otsmanager" and i think its because of this error:

TASK [Set MySQL otsmanager password (localhost)] *******************************
[WARNING]🆗 [local Module dihost]
d not set no_log for update_password

Last edited:
You have to reinstall your OS through your hosting service.

Hi, I have a question. Isn't better to run the website and database in a different server from the game itself?

Back