• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Simple doubts on 1.3. Vocations & Monster Balance.

DukeeH

Solutions
Reaction score
Hello, I have some small doubts on 1.3 and I'll try to post them all to this thread, most of them should be small ones.

1. On 0.3.7 and 0.4 I used to balance vocations by using "wandDamage="1.0" magDamage="1.2" magHealingDamage="1.0" defense="1.6" magDefense="1.6"" on vocations.xml, is there something like this I can use or do on 1.3? It's the easiest way to buff all spells/attacks/defense at once and make the vocations balanced.

2. Also talking about balances, there used to have this config on both config.lua aswell:
Lua:
    rateMonsterHealth = 1.0
    rateMonsterMana = 1.0
    rateMonsterAttack = 1.0
    rateMonsterDefense = 1.0
It was also good for balancing every monsters without having to change one by one. Is there something like this or some workaround for this?

edit.
3. I have some custom items that I want to make an action that something happens when you use, but when I use it, instead of the action happening instantly, it's giving me that crosshair from "use with", the item is exactly like others on items.otb and items.xml. I think that it's something client related, is there some work around?

Thats it for now, if something more shows up I'll post on comments or edit the thread.
Thanks for now!

Last edited:
Hello, I have some small doubts on 1.3 and I'll try to post them all to this thread, most of them should be small ones.

1. On 0.3.7 and 0.4 I used to balance vocations by using "wandDamage="1.0" magDamage="1.2" magHealingDamage="1.0" defense="1.6" magDefense="1.6"" on vocations.xml, is there something like this I can use or do on 1.3? It's the easiest way to buff all spells/attacks/defense at once and make the vocations balanced.

2. Also talking about balances, there used to have this config on both config.lua aswell:
Lua:
    rateMonsterHealth = 1.0
    rateMonsterMana = 1.0
    rateMonsterAttack = 1.0
    rateMonsterDefense = 1.0
It was also good for balancing every monsters without having to change one by one. Is there something like this or some workaround for this?

edit.
3. I have some custom items that I want to make an action that something happens when you use, but when I use it, instead of the action happening instantly, it's giving me that crosshair from "use with", the item is exactly like others on items.otb and items.xml. I think that it's something client related, is there some work around?

Thats it for now, if something more shows up I'll post on comments or edit the thread.
Thanks for now!

forgottenserver/vocations.xml at master · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub
That is what you can change in vocations.xml, if you wish to get the others in there just open an issue on the github page and hope someone wants to add it :p

Easiest workaround would be to edit the source code, so when you load monsters you automatically change the values.

Most likely not, try to edit the otb file and see if you can find anything in there, otherwise create a new item with the same spirit.

forgottenserver/vocations.xml at master · otland/forgottenserver · GitHub
That is what you can change in vocations.xml, if you wish to get the others in there just open an issue on the github page and hope someone wants to add it :p

Easiest workaround would be to edit the source code, so when you load monsters you automatically change the values.

Most likely not, try to edit the otb file and see if you can find anything in there, otherwise create a new item with the same spirit.
1.Yeah, i've checked vocations, but there are less configs than used to be, probably they won't bother to add it since there's not much requests on it.

2. Any tip on how to do it?

3. It's already a new item that i've created through otb, can be the sprite related to the crosshair? Would be possible to do like a rope/rune without the crosshair, just using it?

3. It's already a new item that i've created through otb, can be the sprite related to the crosshair? Would be possible to do like a rope/rune without the crosshair, just using it?
crosshair is a client feature, it has nothing to do with server, difference between using with crosshair or not is only item position that client will send to server.

crosshair is a client feature, it has nothing to do with server, difference between using with crosshair or not is only item position that client will send to server.
Got it now, downloaded a dat editor and the item was marked as "rune" (useable with crosshair), even if it is a cloned item (new item on otb, same sprite) the client counts as the sprite is useable. Will think of some work around or custom client, thanks for the info.

Still looking for 1 & 2, some way to do it.
In both cases you can't natively, if you want some workaround for that you can make onHealthChange event for wands, for monsters a xml parser in Lua to change whole monsters at once.

In both cases you can't natively, if you want some workaround for that you can make onHealthChange event for wands, for monsters a xml parser in Lua to change whole monsters at once.
I thought about checking the vocation on wand xml and add the damage, would be easy and it would work I think.
About the other one, I don't know how to do what you said, but wouldn't be heavy to do this by lua?
There must be somewhere on the sources where I could edit monster damage/hp just adding a multiplier.

Back