• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Skill advance system broken

kalebealves

Reaction score
After testing my server for few minutes I realize that skill advance rate does not reduce after advancing skill levels. The result of that is doesn't matter if my skill is 10 or 200, it advances at the same rate from each lvl. So I ran some queries on my mysql database skill table to see if that was something wrong with it.

(the player id of my character is 14)
here's the output:
Code:
select * from player_skills where player_id = 14;
+-----------+---------+-------+-------+
| player_id | skillid | value | count |
|  14 |  0 |  10 |  0 |
|  14 |  1 |  10 |  0 |
|  14 |  2 |  17 |  0 |
|  14 |  3 |  10 |  0 |
|  14 |  4 |  10 |  0 |
|  14 |  5 |  10 |  15 |
|  14 |  6 |  10 |  0 |

As my player hits monsters or other players the skill id 2(sword) increased and the count doesn't.

Here's other player skill records from the database
Code:
select * from player_skills where player_id = 13;
| player_id | skillid | value | count |
|  13 |  0 |  10 |  0 |
|  13 |  1 |  10 |  0 |
|  13 |  2 |  10 |  0 |
|  13 |  3 |  10 |  0 |
|  13 |  4 |  53 |  0 |
|  13 |  5 |  10 |  104 |
|  13 |  6 |  10 |  0 |
The skill that shows a count field with data is defesing but is the only one that changes.

I'm not very used to the skill system on tfs but I guess that the count field is how the server tracks how many hits the user have dealt with that wapon type, so my server is updating the wrong datafield on database.

I would post here some code or configurations from the server right now to show you how the server is configured but I don't even know where to look for.
This are some of my config files:

I compilled tfs 0.4 r3884 from this post on ubuntu 12.04. Also I'm using mysql(mariadb 10) as database server.

Can someone help me fix this?

Last edited:
Back