• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Skill advancement problem with custom classes

Mike Tha Gamer

Noob, Learning the ropes
Reaction score
I've been trying to get a server going with a set of custom classes. However I can't seem to get skills to advance properly.
For example I wanted to make a Necromancer which is skilled in magic but could advance faster in Club Fighting if the player wanted that option.

Code:
</vocation>
	<vocation id="1" name="Necromancer" description="a necromancer" needpremium="0" gaincap="10" gainhp="7" gainmana="25" gainhpticks="6" gainhpamount="2" gainmanaticks="1" gainmanaamount="2" manamultiplier="1.5" attackspeed="1800" soulmax="300" gainsoulticks="10" fromvoc="1" lessloss="55">
		<formula meleeDamage="1.2" distDamage="1.0" wandDamage="1.2" magDamage="1.2" magHealingDamage="1.1" defense="1.0" magDefense="1.5" armor="1.0"/>
		<skill fist="1.5" club="3.0" sword="1.0" axe="1.0" distance="1.0" shielding="1.0" fishing="1.1" experience="1.2"/>
	</vocation>

No matter how high i try to make the multiplier, the skill won't advance faster. It even stops advancing altogether if I up it too high.
Anyone that can help me out? ^_^

Make it lower to advance faster.

Doh, That worked! Although it wont work any lower than 1.0 , which is still too slow for my liking.

The formula row does need to be increased though right? It threw me off that the skills needed to be lowered...

Back