• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Skills Limit

ykilian2006

Reaction score
Hi, good night,

I have one question, I searched for much forums and dont found.

How I can remove the limit that have in forgotten server 0.3.5pl1 for the skills.

example: one char don't advance skills more than 232.

Please help me i am in a fighting for this :X

Att,
Kilian.

In your database, increase the size of your skillTries(?) column from int(10) to bigint(20). I believe the problem is when the column exceeds the amount of tries that it can hold, but not the amount needed to level (eg. you need 130 hits to level but the column only holds 128 then resets back to 0, meaning you will never level!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's how it works, not in C++..

In your database, increase the size of your skillTries(?) column from int(10) to bigint(20). I believe the problem is when the column exceeds the amount of tries that it can hold, but not the amount needed to level (eg. you need 130 hits to level but the column only holds 128 then resets back to 0, meaning you will never level!)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that's how it works, not in C++..
it's in C++, too

Next..

See this:
player_id int(11) No
skillid bigint(20) No
value bigint(20) UNSIGNED No
count bigint(20) UNSIGNED No

Are correct?
If no, say me where i can modify this. If is, say me if need change this in sources and where.

Thx mans!

AND.. When add 1000 skills of one skill value id in database in SQL the skills go to 232 in tibia BUT, the char hit the atack based in 1000 skill points, have one way to remove the limit of 232? it's in tibia client or sources? if have how say me.

Thx for all....

hmm, telling that if you set skill to 1k in db that charwill attack like 1k skill you answered your question...
but 232 is strange number... shouldnt it be 255 or something?
(still its client :D)

The limit is not in the Tibia client.
Due to the nature of integers in C and C++ (many other programming languages throw exceptions or do other stuff), it'll just wrongly be reported as (skill - 255) in the client. The server is where limits are set. I haven't touched TFS source in ages so I can't help you find where the limit is set.

Open Player.cpp
find: void Player::addSkillAdvance(skills_t skill, uint32_t count)
remove the code:
Code:
if(vocation->getReqSkillTries(skill, skills[skill][SKILL_LEVEL]) > vocation->getReqSkillTries(skill, skills[skill][SKILL_LEVEL] + 1))
	{
		//player has reached max skill
		return;
	}
this should remove the limit, but I make no guarantee that this will work like you want. It seems like the "limit" is the level at which the skill point requirement resets from zero (again, nature of a C/C++ integer).

if it is the case that it causes a bug, you can always switch skills to uint64_t. This should make you fine for awhile.

Alternatively you can modify the skills formula itself instead of the skill rate in order to allow higher skills to be reached (in fact, I don't see why OTServ doesn't do this to begin with -- skill points are hidden from the user).

Mans, thx for all.

I'll make a command to show the skills directly when i look the player.
This command will get skills stats of the database and will show correctly.
Is that the atacks hit how add in database. eg: I add 1000 skills stats points in DB and the char hit this, but dont appear the correct skills in Tibia Client(max = 232).

If someone have a idea i accept. Thx. My objective is due a 32k max stats points and grow up with resets. This will add more role playing in the game ^^. Gogogo Study.

Att,
Yuri Kilian

I believe you're all mistaking the problem here. Ykilian is not talking about the "skill points" limit itself, because that limit is not 232, there's actually no (small) limit if I remember correctly.

To confirm this, put the "show skill number on advance" animation thing from your config, and a ridiculously high "skill rate", then start skilling. You can see how the player gets past the 232 limit and the number shown on the "advance animation" will keep going up (Id tested till 300+ on 0.3.2) with no problem, but the CLIENT's skill number will reset on 232 back to 0 and start counting from 0 to 232 again and again. (Depending on the client it could be 256 instead of 232)

But the damage when it resets and goes lets say on 10 will be as if you had 242, not 10. So the problem he's talking about is the one from the Tibia client, same happens on the magic level bar that resets on a similar amount or the same, and the HP/MP bars that reset on 64kish. It's all "visual resets" that have nothing to do with the real stats thing.

I highly doubt any of those have anything to do with TFS source, I guess you need to edit the client itself. Would love to know how, tho.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back