• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Linux Small question about hosting

Glecko

Advanced OT User
Reaction score
Hello fellow otlanders :)
In a near future I am going to be hosting a new server.
For that I am going to be using a dedicated server which has Linux installed and 2 GB RAM.
I'd like the server to be able to handle a hundred players without problems, and I don't know if it's enough. If it's not, could you tell me if there are ways of improving the server's memory usage without buying a new PC?

Thank you in advance!

well first of all 2GB you won't run 50 player's maximun 80 player's.
Yh you can allways buy new memory for the PC, buy first of all you need to see what's the maxium of memory your
motherboard can handle then check what memory's are the right ones for your motherboard.

Hope that help's you!!

Good Luck with you server :D

if your using a dedicated server u can pay a extra amount and get more ram

this is from guides on otland
small map (custom map) 30 mb 2gb ram should work up
real tibia map 100+MB u want minium of 8GB ram for the server

also look at ur upload speed u want something around 50mbps and up for a small ot just starting 10mbps will work until 100 players or so depending onur content

Well, it's a custom map, about 30 MB large.
Upload speed shouldn't be a problem, since it's using a private gateway of a company's internet connection.

well first of all 2GB you won't run 50 player's maximun 80 player's.
Yh you can allways buy new memory for the PC, buy first of all you need to see what's the maxium of memory your
motherboard can handle then check what memory's are the right ones for your motherboard.

Hope that help's you!!

Good Luck with you server :D

Do you know how I could check that? I already inserted 1 extra GB RAM into the computer (2 slots of 512mb), but the computer has no more slots, and I haven't found any others RAMs that fit the slot (just had 512's and 2gb's)

Well i looked up for a tutorial to show you how to check. If you read the full post and then do all the step's that is ask you, you should be able to check.

Here

There's an another way but i could't find the program that i used to check my one. So guess that's the best way i could help you with. (Y)

Hope you will find what you looking for

Last edited:
Thank you!
One last question, what maximum amount of players should my server be able to hold with those 2 GB RAM? (Map is 30 MB large, and the scripts are working properly and short)

Back