• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SoloQ Mapping

SoloQ

Hard With Style
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am trying to make a new city and this is the start of it, the depot.

Top till bottom:
4WA1cE.png

T-dAyn.png

p6dU54.png

VV goes in the hole you see on the right side of depot.
s6Spq.png

I would appreciate your opinion.
Please tell me if you think I should change something or add something etc. .
First time so don't be so harsh <3.

[emotional ending]

-SoloQ

Attachments

• screenshot_2013-05-24-22-51-53.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-24-22-51-53.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 8 · VirusTotal
  • screenshot_2013-05-25-11-30-49.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-25-11-30-49.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 5 · VirusTotal
  • screenshot_2013-05-25-11-30-53.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-25-11-30-53.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 5 · VirusTotal
  • screenshot_2013-05-25-11-31-7.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-25-11-31-7.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Do not use auto border you may add some details using RAW Palette.

Not even going to bother clicking the links, you should put a direct image link between img tags

20da21036024ee31030f37b961dd5bc2

fbb0dd85d7398e8b5a21d228a6cfe8a7

a924da26075dca65bb23ba519b5972d7

5524ae22af98f6232575f27a8baa6987

- - - Updated - - -

Happy? You get this T_T so thats why I had the links.

Uploaded from pc instead of rme now. *check top*

Had gyazo a screenshot program :/. I uploaded from my pc now but the images are really small, any idea's?

---edit
Used imgland now.

I updated now, using imgland. Thanks for the tip Ghostx.

np :>

regarding the mapping. It needs work, but greater mappers have started worse. When you transition from AB to all raw the difference you will see is amazing. Because it takes longer via raw it results in showing the time and effort that went into it. I was stubborn when i started, but moving to raw bordering and living in the raw -> others' list literally changed my understanding of mapping.

Remember with mapping it is quality not quantity. So rather than place hundreds of details/aspects that you think look cool in one screen, theme it.

Try to keep cave ground underground unless you have an idea to play with it i.e. bordering dirt etc.

Also with raw you will notice you can manipulate the shapes of walls, nature, borders, mountains etc to you will (with the extent of tibia's limits).

Something that will really help you is try to copy something relatively simple.
Also forgot to mention turn off autoborder by pressing 'A'. Or you can check by clicking edit - border tools - borderautomagic isn't ticked
Darklord's town for example:
2laq0q0.png

BUT aim to do it all via the raw pallete. It will #1 help you get to know where certain things are located. and #2 gain you the understanding of how to place certain sprites together

In my experience you learn best by doing for yourself. But i think you should replicate a few peices on these boards to see how they do it, how the details are merged etc. I don't expect you to finish this (as a new mapper) for a while. Nonetheless you should really consider doing it and focus on it.

Even something with a simple idea like luffy's temple
LJHnf.png

:)

I understand the raw pallete will be overwhelming when you look at it. But do not be disgruntled. It is more straightforward than it looks and you WILL get the hang of it, just like all of us did.
regards

Overwhelming is just a small word, I will try to use some RAW item things and I will post the result.

Thanks, I played around with the RAW pallet a bit and I would like to know if its oke :).
And if somebody could explain the border part a bit more that would be fantastic.

ofad8n.png

C3vF1o.png

_BRu_d.png

Things that are black in Remere, will also be black ingame, so if you want the lava/fire part to be seen from a higher floor, move everything 1 floor higher (You can't see floor 8 from floor 7).

I know but if you look there is like a hole in the depot area. The last picture is a level below it ;).

- - - Updated - - -

Omg, I saw it ingame, ill remap later today. You were right :<

Last edited:
Solo to get it visable raise the level. Above ground is anything from floor 7-1/0 and then 8+ is under

Also for raw borders go onto raw - borders and look through there for you ground types border. Try to make natural shapes with untidy "cuts" etc

Oke I am executing a new plan, a town that has 4 'sections'
I kept the depot the same but took away the outside area.

Start:

PUrRb0.png

Will post more tomorrow.

@Ghostx I have been trying the raw borders but I am not quite getting the hang of it yet.

Attachments

• screenshot_2013-05-26-19-36-24.jpg
    screenshot_2013-05-26-19-36-24.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 1 · VirusTotal
Your bordering is better though! So you're learning i guess

4 section town was a good practice, I agree but now some serious work.
Desert town is on the way, using only RAW 0,0.

Give me your comments :)

InxpKz.png

8ZKkE.png

QVDDtT.png

1Aizhd.png

Back