• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solution to Oldschool-Server & Player Problems

I agree totally with you, the point here was just to move on with well-thought solutions for new systems implementation instead of just copying everything CIP did, which in my opinion was a huge mistake, I won't go for anything that destroys the mechanics or smoothness of 7.4 Tibia.

So is this just in reference to possible future changes or did you implement anything yet?

The outfits looks pretty cool but I can't see them anywhere but the PG highscore. Do you have any example pics anywhere? I think your concern about Medivia using premium accounts is valid but keep in mind Cipsoft added premium accounts in 7.1. It's not about scamming players – the game needs to be sustainable when it comes to the point that it's too big to be a hobby project. Did you consider selling your outfits instead of renting them through premium accounts? It seems more fair since you're not really providing premium accounts with anything over-time – it's a "one time" purchase masked as a monthly pay.

Click the onlist list..sort by level and see it for what it is lol dont be dumb xD

Runefarms were a feature back in 7.4. You can't make a big 7.4 server without attracting runefarms because it's integrated in the rune/mana balance.

Last edited:
So is this just in reference to possible future changes or did you implement anything yet?

The outfits looks pretty cool but I can't see them anywhere but the PG highscore. Do you have any example pics anywhere? I think your concern about Medivia using premium accounts is valid but keep in mind Cipsoft added premium accounts in 7.1. It's not about scamming players – the game needs to be sustainable when it comes to the point that it's too big to be a hobby project. Did you consider selling your outfits instead of renting them through premium accounts? It seems more fair since you're not really providing premium accounts with anything over-time – it's a "one time" purchase masked as a monthly pay.

Let's say there is no new content in the game at the moment other than a ton of improvements (Client and Server side).

My point is that I want to establish a place where people are not any better by paying over people that don't like to spend money on online games, I have a job and I can pay for the server myself, I've been working on it too long as a Hobby and now it's just time to give it back to the people.

The outfits can be used by any premium player and can be seen at any character you look for at the website, for example:

jAvoPc9.png

I added a Tasks List page today, a few houses in Rookgaard, together with the possibility of getting the Fury Sword in Rookgaard.

Also attending to an oldschool feature appeal from a player, I also made spears unbreakable but they drop on the floor. Small Stones, Throwing Knives and Stars were left intact with break chance and not dropping (to prevent eventual botting at training).

@Okke I think the outfits seems like a cool idea; I just think it's a bad idea to sell it as a subscription because the value is not really recurring. It would also be cool to list them somewhere, e.g in the shop, or in the server information. If your server has a cool feature that's something you'd want to show potential new players, right?

no flame, but I think ots are pretty dead, especially lowrates. You just need to spend so much fcking time on the runemaking if you do everything fair and dont bot/afk, I dont think the community whose interested in oldschool ots (20+ years) wants to do that anymore.

@Okke I think the outfits seems like a cool idea; I just think it's a bad idea to sell it as a subscription because the value is not really recurring. It would also be cool to list them somewhere, e.g in the shop, or in the server information. If your server has a cool feature that's something you'd want to show potential new players, right?

Worr, I'll do that as soon as possible (tasks page was added a few days ago under Library). The only problem with buying premium only once is that I'd have no actual help on server billing, that's the only point to it. I said lots of times that I don't mind paying the server from my own pocket as long as there are players playing, still the outfits / premium features offer no advantage over players that choose not to pay. If you take a look at our shop page there are more information regarding people that don't want / are not able to pay, they can get items from shop by participating on events that will occur once I create a schedule according to the number of players online.

Kindest Regards,
Okke

no flame, but I think ots are pretty dead, especially lowrates. You just need to spend so much fcking time on the runemaking if you do everything fair and dont bot/afk, I dont think the community whose interested in oldschool ots (20+ years) wants to do that anymore.

Thanks for the feedback Gail, that's the point, people that don't play medivia can come over to my server as you have double regeneration rates and double runes but still the low experience rate which makes it really worth to play, you don't need to create 10 druids to make runes on my server, 2 extra-accounts for rune making are just fine to supply you with everything you need, you could also play with only one as a knight and make profit from hunts then move the economy of the server by purchasing runes from other players. Just check the Voidcore Thread! -> https://otland.net/threads/france-voidcore-7-4-test-server-realmap-3x-stable-no-p2w-policy.255353/

Kindest Regards,
Okke

This server is looking clean :) I dont think otservers are dead, its people that get obsessed with being at the top of the hiscores that ruin shit

Back