• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Some have hacked my database ..

Okay first of all, stop using PHPMyAdmin. Yes. It's only useful if you are renting a webhost and they don't offer remote mysql access. Having a MySQL web interface that anyone can connect to is like holding up a gigant sign saying "HACK ME PLZ!".
There's a ton of much more professional tools, such as MySQL GUI Tools and Navicat.

Second of all, turn off remote root access. Unless you KNOW that you will be connecting via ROOT user from a remote PC, you would want to let ROOT be localhost only.

Thirdly, block port 3306 in your firewall/router. Unless you plan on manually editing MySQL from a remote PC, the only reason why you would want to have that port open, is to let someone in for example China connect directly to your MySQL server, using either a client or a bruteforce tool. And since your server connects using localhost, being on the same PC as the MySQL server, and since your website connects using the same method, it sounds pretty unnecessary to let anyone in the entire world connect directly to your MySQL server, does it not?

Fourth, use a STRONG password for root and any other mysql account you create. Not "apple" or "cookie123". Use something like "dr@g0nd3m0n##5566938". Characters, Numbers and ASCII, those are the keys to a strong password.

Follow these four steps and you'll see that your MySQL databases will be about as hackable as CIA.

humm and this
Okay first of all, stop using PHPMyAdmin. Yes. It's only useful if you are renting a webhost and they don't offer remote mysql access. Having a MySQL web interface that anyone can connect to is like holding up a gigant sign saying "HACK ME PLZ!".
There's a ton of much more professional tools, such as MySQL GUI Tools and Navicat.
can you tell me how to do this ?

humm and this

can you tell me how to do this ?

Well what you need to know if you choose to do that, is that you will be needing to LEARN.
Most tutorials on OtLand/OtFans is based upon PhpMyAdmin so that they'll be noob-friendly, but this will not work if you use for example MySQL GUI Tools, what you will be needing to learn is how MySQL databases works and how to execute queries manually.

If you're willing to do that the change is pretty simple.

First you remove PhpMyAdmin from XAMPP.

Secondly you download whatever tool you wish to use, you can find MySQL GUI Tools on MySQL's website, Navicat you can find using google.

Thirdly you simply use the programs to connect to your mysql database and set up the database as needed.

Now all that's left is to learn how to use MySQL and said programs properly.

Well the tricky part here is that anyone who got access to your website can thus get access to your database through PhpMyAdmin.

The only solution i can think of, is to do like Don said, place a .htaccess file in your PhpMyAdmin directory and fill in

Code:
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1

into it. That should prevent anyone who ain't localhost from even viewing the PhpMyAdmin site.
The problem here however, is that in Windows, you cannot create files with a dot at the beginning, thus you cannot create a .htaccess file.

Well the tricky part here is that anyone who got access to your website can thus get access to your database through PhpMyAdmin.

The only solution i can think of, is to do like Don said, place a .htaccess file in your PhpMyAdmin directory and fill in

Code:
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1

into it. That should prevent anyone who ain't localhost from even viewing the PhpMyAdmin site.
The problem here however, is that in Windows, you cannot create files with a dot at the beginning, thus you cannot create a .htaccess file.

so now i have make that but i no nobody can connect not from outsite localhost and now on localhost ?

Code:
order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1

hmm
you say that i cant creat a DOT .. so i cant do it ?

hmm
you say that i cant creat a DOT .. so i cant do it ?

Indeed, in windows it requires the file to have an actual name and an extension, for example program.exe
You can however not make a file named for example .exe since it treats that as an .exe program with no name. And refuses to let you create it.
Same goes for .htaccess, it treats that as a file with a .htaccess extension, but no name, thus refuses to let you create it.

I do believe however that you can configure Apache to read another file as the .htaccess file, for example make it use htaccess.txt instead.
But I've never had to do that so I cannot tell you how to do it, I suggest you check google or the apache documentation.

Up#
if i do that i can connect to phpmyadmin at all not whit localhost ..

so how do i fix that

Need help fast .. need to start the server today ..

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa help plzz:(

move the phpmyadmin folder into your httdocs and you wont have this problem also when you move it you can even change the directory name so the path to access it will be different more secure etcetcetc

Back