• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Some of my old maps!

It's not about the amount of sprites you have, it's how you use them.

I like em.

It's not about the amount of sprites you have, it's how you use them.

I like em.

Yeah, of course. Over the years after I quit mapping, I saw this trend of having "realistic" maps filled with (too) many small details. To me, it doesn't look good at all. Most maps would be much more better if the mapper removed a bunch of useless filler sprites. Most of these "filler" sprites share an ugly contrast between the rest of the main sprites to a point it gets difficult to tell where you can walk and where you can't. Mappers tend to focus on being "innovative" and "creative" instead of focusing on producing a pleasant, efficient and beautiful map with limited sprite usage.

A part of the problem is that CIPsoft released a lot of different sprites that don't really fit well together (and some of them are ugly as hell). Some are pixelated while some are much more blurry/realistic. Some have black outlines, some do not. And so on... When mappers mix them together, it just doesn't look good.

Last edited:
I can only comment from a players perspective since I'm not a mapper, but this looks super awesome.
Really looks like something I could see myself playing for hours and hours !

Snr1P.jpg

cool af.

Back