• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Some sort of pixel gallery

I dont know about others but Leshrot sprite has a lot of problems to. I'm not a spriter but i can tell whats wrong with his sprite.
Kh_Kkg_Ie.png

So one think that makes it different between these two sprites is Leshrot sprite has worst anatomy i have ever seen in humans. But sure it has "better" shading. Lets talk why i see these three problems:
1. Arm - I never seen biceps with the same length of shoulder
2. Leg - As you can see his leg, it has so much problems that i dont know where to start how can you even draw such a stupid leg view. In school i worked with 3d models so i dont know how you managed to draw such a non sense. (If you cant see i recommend to zoom in)
3. This left part is so messed up i dont know how can you see it as a good anatomy of human.
When you sprite isometric sprites imagine your sprite from all angles.

In my opinion sprites that are dragon ball style or etc should stay flat not isometric. If you want to draw isometric sprites that are related with dragon ball i recommend to learn how to shade in anime style because Leshrot and Royalz shading is wrong one is to light and second one is to dark which is not even close to correct shading style.

Everyone can hate me but its okay i said what i think :) good luck with other works.

Nice catch man! I agree totally with you. I also found some mistakes with Royal'z, I hope it's helpful!

bWypQ5V.png

That Broly is pretty awesome. I can see you carry some of Shikate's style there!
Well, first things first, there are a lot of things you should pay attention when trying to represent such a character as him.
In order to help you finding what you have missed, I sprited my version, just as Leshrot did his... But, instead of doing it from sketch, I kept your original sprite and your color palette aswell.
There it is:
Screen capture - de6693923b74996375655048cf7d148f - Gyazo

In general, I added volume to his muscles by shading the whole thing up... Your colours were just fine to do that, you only have to use them properly! :D
Perspective is fine, I didn't change any of it.
Clothes are fine as well! I only had to erase it next to this right leg to align with the other side, that really makes difference!
Another point: you made his face looks too big by drawing that big ass nose. That really doesn't look good!
Fixed his eye too. It has to be aligned horizontally with his face, right?
I think that's all! We can conclude that his peculiar anatomy is the biggest issue here! Your style/technique is just fine!
Keep it up!

I wonder if Brolly will throw everyone of Z-Fighters, just like everyone of OTLand throws him here.

Nice Uncle! I actually loved your isketch, I see a lot of potential on it

Also, thanks for showing the technical points I mentioned on shading in a pixel art version

However, I think the perspective & anatomy still need some fixes, hope it help you guys:
0RwTTK2.png

Last edited:
looks nice but i wondering is it gonna be that good in animation.

Amazing job. I love the colors and can't wait till winter thanks to this work :)

Wow!! Those trees and snow scenario are amazing!!!

Scenery looks great
If you do work on contract please let me know Richard K.#3037

unknown.png
unknown.png

Quick sprite for This is Spriting! contest. Yoshikage Kira and it's Stand, Killer Queen, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Thanks to Shikate for tips regarding the perspective (its still not perfect though)

Naf0580.png
VAQu4tN.png

I've played with brush for a little bit and ive gotta say, it's super easier and less skill requiring than i anticipated.
PS. I'm not especially proud of those arts above.
Who/where did you make these for?

Asking for a friend. ;)

Who/where did you make these for?

Asking for a friend. ;)

That was a quick experiment with brush "spriting", so it wasn't a commission or anything like that. So basically, it was for a scientific reasons.
2169924-kappa.png

Back