• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Somebody is hacking my database

Togu

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
So, I'm home hosting a server with Ubuntu 18.04 and there is a guy that is hacking my database and changing his level.

I already blocked access to phpmyadmin from IPs that isn't mine and changed the address to enter phpmyadmin page.

Is there any other things I can do to prevent the hacking? Can you guys explain in detailed steps?

Close port 3306. I don't get why so many people have it open.
Remove phpmyadmin. Noone needs phpmyadmin, it's not really that useful if you wanna run a productive system.

Close port 3306. I don't get why so many people have it open.
Remove phpmyadmin. Noone needs phpmyadmin, it's not really that useful if you wanna run a productive system.
I understand I can run a server without phpmyadmin. But can't I just disable and enable it when I want make changes? I hate SQL queries haha
I'll check how to close 3306 port
Also I will change from Gesior to Znote I think
Thx

I understand I can run a server without phpmyadmin. But can't I just disable and enable it when I want make changes? I hate SQL queries haha
I'll check how to close 3306 port
Also I will change from Gesior to Znote I think
Thx
ufw is your friend, try it.

That was funny.
Thank you guys for trying to help me.

But it wasn't a hacker editing data on database. It was a friend that found many bugs on the server so he was growing experience, skills and gold and summoning agressive creatures with utevo res. I was in a whatsapp group telling all things I was trying to do and he was reading and improving his joke in-game lol

Back