• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Something's wrong with my portforward./ NETGEAR EVG2000/ Help me please!

Snusarn Thor

Reaction score
I will explain my problem as thorough as I can.

ROUTER : Netgear GIGABIT HOME GATEWAY EVG2000

I portforward the IPv4 Adress : 192.***.*.*. Then I check if my ports are open on 80/7171 which they were. Then I enter the website Free Dynamic DNS - Managed DNS - Managed Email - Domain Registration - No-IP and get a DNS to the IPv4 Adress : 192.***.*.* and then the DNS "something.sytes.net" only works for the server to login with and not the website in the URL.

When I change the IP on the DNS host on "www.no-ip.org" to the routers IP Adress 83.***.229.*** then the website works with the name "something.sytes.net" and now the server doesn't work with "something.sytes.net".

So basically from what I know there are 2 IP's that if you change the dns on them they only operate for either the server or the website.

I've explained it the best way I can I hope you can get something out of it and tell me what the problem is.

Screens :

Last edited:
You need to open 80, 7171 and 7172 to your 192~ IP

Then in config.lua, write IP (83.~)

Then set 83.~ ip on no-ip.org

wait 20 minutes, and try to see if it works.

You need to open 80, 7171 and 7172 to your 192~ IP

Then in config.lua, write IP (83.~)

Then set 83.~ ip on no-ip.org

wait 20 minutes, and try to see if it works.

Is it usual for the hoster not being able to enter to the website or the server with the DNS name that I got from no-ip.org?

You're 192.~ address is completely meaningless on the internet it's only used on your network. Your server on your network gets accessed by your router forwarding traffic by the public IP. You should be able to access your website with the network IP of your hosting computer or 127.0.0.1/localhost. Only use a no-ip for your public address like Znote said.

Last edited:
You're 192.~ address is completely meaningless on the internet it's only used on your network. Your server on your network gets accessed by your router forwarding traffic by the public IP. You should be able to access your website with the network IP of your hosting computer or 127.0.0.1/localhost. Only use a no-ip for your public address like Znote said.

Yep

Back