• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Compiling [Sources] White Message on custom channels

slavi

#define SLAVI32 _WIN32
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
GitHub
slavidodo
Hello, I have made a channel, actually cast channel.

How can I send white message on this channel?

As far as I know there is much difference between TalkTypes and MessagesClasses.

Code:
sendChannelMessage("[Cast System]", text, TALKTYPE_CHANNEL_R1, CHANNEL_CAST);
This is how I send messages to the channel ( red message).

Broadcast message ? are you sure?

-- Edit --
Well, haha it debugged.
oh, what is the soluction ? or not solved yet, I said to try "TALKTYPE_BROADCAST" because the message is white XD
if won't work, you need to create a new type, seems not hard to do it

oh, what is the soluction ? or not solved yet, I said to try "TALKTYPE_BROADCAST" because the message is white XD
if won't work, you need to create a new type, seems not hard to do it
Well to create the new type you need to actually know the value of the white message in the client, so is not that easy I guess.

The OTX team already implemented this, maybe they can help you.
The other thing you could do (I don't know if is possible) is something like this:
Code:
for i = 1, 100 do
    sendChannelMessage(channelId, i, "talktype: "..i)
end
If you try the code above I recommend you to use the OTC, so your client won't crash on invalid talktypes.

Great colors, I found the number -> it's (6), i will commit it to github.

There is a wired problem, while it shows in OTClient (white Message) but not in client it crashes o_O
@Colors I don't need to implement the client to figure why so.

It's different in OtClient because in otClient it's number 6 but in client it's different as it's in consoleWindow.cpp ( i think it would be 0xFF9 )

This is the talkTypes in Tibia 10.90 client :

TALK_SAY || TALK_WHISPER || TALK_YELL || TALK_FROM_NPC || TALK_PRIVATE_MESSAGE || TALK_GAMEMASTER_BROADCAST || TALK_GAMEMASTER_MESSAGE || TALK_ANIMAL_LOW || TALK_ANIMAL_LOUD

Last edited by a moderator:
@Slavi Dodo I found something interesting, why not make a new type, just copying the type of the message of the damage taken and dealt ? is a white message, just need to find the "id" of the talktype to create a new one

This is not white message -_-

@Milice in OtClient white message is number 6 but in normal client crashes.
Wired.

Last edited by a moderator:
stop messing around with TEXT_COLOR and shit..... seriously.. they're just defining numbers that's already preset in the sources...
If I were you, I'd test every fucking number I could imagine :) once you find them... THEN... you can create words for them that defines them :)

When I try color types or similar, I actually test 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8........................................... :)

Edit:
Forgot.. what I know, there are color messages in all channels...
If you have a memory reader of some sort try it out, set up a client to show status messages in a private chat and you'll catch your numbers soon enough.

Back