• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Special tiles and unused sprites

Relyt Ca

Reaction score
There are some tiles which I've never seen used, for example this white-blue striped tile, and then we have the tiles which are rarely used, brown striped one. I decided to do something with these using the base i got off of my livestreaming session with the otfans members.

Anothing thing I've tought about of doing for a long time is the use of special tiles, to give the maps a bit of "color". Might sound stupid but there is much that can be done with this... Ofcourse only in the editor pictures

v1 (my test)
24gmubq.png

v2 (more normal, forgot to change alot of tiles, but that's ok since the v1 is in focus in this topic)
dwb589.png

Discussion: should we try to start using the rare tiles/sprites again? Special tiles worth a try if the right opportunity arrives?

PS. also showcased some lamp ideas I never really got to show before
/loveinabottle//;;

Seriously, you keep trying to invent new mapping styles, in my eyes this looks just shitty.
Just an amatuer's way, trying to find the hall of fame. This looks just stupid, use the sprites as it's ment to be used instead.

I'm sorry for being such an AMATEUR, but frankly if you rewind the maps to about 4 years ago, they would still look pretty similar to as today.
And sorry for trying to encourage people to do something else besides posting unfinished pictures and rush a 5x5 while 2x2 of those in total being blacked out anyway since the map was not done.
I know you're a big fan of the last mentioned.

This was only created for discussion, to argument for the goods and bads of using this technique and these sprites.
Coming in here with comments targeted towards the mapper himself, clearly shows that you have no idea what this thread is about.

/loveinabottle//;;

Dont incorperate all the unussed sprites in one map. Spread them out some, because imo, like Siramix said, it looks shitty.

Seriously, you keep trying to invent new mapping styles, in my eyes this looks just shitty.
Just an amatuer's way, trying to find the hall of fame. This looks just stupid, use the sprites as it's ment to be used instead.

Siramix, You're one the most Talentless mappers around, at least this guy has IMAGINATION, seriously your "mapping school" is the worst thing i've seen

i foind this in ur old thread
riyd81.png

2cfwopd.png

and i actually like it because its unique i guess we can say... something new. we need to promote this

i foind this in ur old thread
riyd81.png

2cfwopd.png

and i actually like it because its unique i guess we can say... something new. we need to promote this

u don't know who I am? :( I guess I'm becoming old
@sharp, you mean the structure is a mess? because the only floors detailed are the "main" ones with the desert

Last edited:
Didn't mind it. Might use it someday if I can manage to make it in an open area :D
Reminded me of something Chauz made but yet it's still nothing like it. And Chauz sucks now..

You know poof, that I've got nothing against you personally. But I don't see anything interesting in your mapping. It's too messy, both the structures and the detailwork. It's a bit of a mindfuck for myself. ^.^

And I agree with iMac, that pieces are golden. Something could have been improved imo, but it's still worth to be promoted! But. I'd advice you to stay with your old style, and not inventing new. As I like your old a lot better!

@Zeelex. Seriously, why do you even bother commenting my actions if I'm such talentless?

The structure and the ground, alot of the pathways are blocked...

..What? The pathways are blocked?
2daajwy.png

Infact none of them are blocked...

@ Siramix, I respect honesty and I'm in no way offended.

Let me explain what I think of mapping (my style).
To always be inventive, creative and do unseen things, this is what drives me and motivates me.

So telling me to stick to my style is kind of hard^^

no like down the > stairs theres a building piece blocking the 1sqm way...
ub the building on the left theres a pillar in the doorway..

no like down the > stairs theres a building piece blocking the 1sqm way...
ub the building on the left theres a pillar in the doorway..

The upper left building.. It's not even a doorway .. And the mountain stairs are not blocked either.. ty for concerns though. Next time pay attention

It's cool that you try to do something different, but you can only make this look cool by doing it in a good way. Such as Chauz (and poof) used to do.

It's cool that you try to do something different, but you can only make this look cool by doing it in a good way. Such as Chauz (and poof) used to do.

yeah.. this poof used to be quite good right? :rolleyes:

Back