• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Speedmapping

I can't remember if this piece is mine or not haha, it look's like one of mine though XD
It could be, I've found it somewhere on this forum a while back :p

But I posted it as an attachement because it gave me the idea.

To be honest? Can someone explain the concept of speedmapping? I've each and every single time felt the need to perfect the maps until I feel entirely done - and that's no hasty matter.

I look at mapping sort of like art, you create something amazing for people to enjoy, to play. Why would you sacrifice result only for the purpose of this thread, throw together a piece in least amount of time? :p
Or is my way of looking upon mapping lame? XD
Your way of looking at mapping is quite the same as mine.
The idea of the thread is to give people a very small, well put-together piece, or a larger close to finished piece, that you can customize to fit the area your working in.
Of course many times people end up going well past the time limit set on the piece and then you get a large finished piece of work.
For some, where they think of the surrounding area's storyline, physical limitations, climate, et cetera, as well as being nit-picky regarding some finer details, this thread is an exercise in futility.
But there is lot's to learn for those people as well. With time you'll understand what looks cosmetically pleasing in-game and end up looking back at previous work that you spent 3 hours on, and changing it to be better, and possibly realizing that the 3 hours you placed in that area originally, should've only taken 20-30 minutes.
In either case, the thread has it's own merit, and own downfalls, like all threads do. :p

Your way of looking at mapping is quite the same as mine.
The idea of the thread is to give people a very small, well put-together piece, or a larger close to finished piece, that you can customize to fit the area your working in.
Of course many times people end up going well past the time limit set on the piece and then you get a large finished piece of work.
For some, where they think of the surrounding area's storyline, physical limitations, climate, et cetera, as well as being nit-picky regarding some finer details, this thread is an exercise in futility.
But there is lot's to learn for those people as well. With time you'll understand what looks cosmetically pleasing in-game and end up looking back at previous work that you spent 3 hours on, and changing it to be better, and possibly realizing that the 3 hours you placed in that area originally, should've only taken 20-30 minutes.
In either case, the thread has it's own merit, and own downfalls, like all threads do. :p

Very well. I won't say I'll be speedmapping, but I may contribute with a few pieces then x)
The title confused me x)

@Vaka Awesome! I like it :)

@Rik123 you are more than welcome to hand in your own piece

low profile af

xwkjW8a.jpg

To be honest? Can someone explain the concept of speedmapping? I've each and every single time felt the need to perfect the maps until I feel entirely done - and that's no hasty matter.

I look at mapping sort of like art, you create something amazing for people to enjoy, to play. Why would you sacrifice result only for the purpose of this thread, throw together a piece in least amount of time? :p
Or is my way of looking upon mapping lame? XD

i agree 100% haha, i believe the thread was intended for 15-20 minute maps. but after the 20 minutes, you look at what you got and think "well this isn't worth posting" . so it ends up not being a speed map at all lol.

nonetheless, i really like this thread and keep the request coming everyone.

I would like to see a temple which belonged to an ancient pharao :) Get this thread back to life!

Hey Guys! :p

I have built a small island with underground mine.
This is what I have done when i was bored at night.

My inspiration came from neon theme
Hope you like it.

Screenshot
cSse9d7hH.png

uVc-Nl15w.png

vlqDojUgu.png

Click Here Below!

Download Link
God damit. This looks so good and I cant even download. The PAIN!!!

There's a lot of maps that can learn with them but I can't download, the link is offline =(

Back