• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Speedmapping

Damon

Check my status to contact me :)
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello there,
So I have thought about intodrucing speedmapping to this forum section.
The idea behind this is to bring some more activity as a community in this section aswell as help people put with their custom maps/projects.

How it works:
Anyone can request a piece of map e.g. "I want a small temple in the desert" and any mapper who is currently lacking inspiration or is up for a challenge can take up this request and do a "speedmapping" of the requested piece and posting his work in this thread along with a download link for the piece. "Speedmapping" is to be understood as "a rough sketch" of smth or just mapping the requested piece in 15-30 minutes. Of course this will not create perfect maps( in terms of details, optimzation etc) , however it revives a bit the community spirit and the created pieces might help someone out whos working currently on a custom map.

Rules:
- Request a piece of map you need here ( it cant be anything which will obviously take long to map. The speedmapping requests are aimed at 15-30minutes). You are not allowed to request anything specific here. Giving a setting (nature, snow, desert..) is allowed. These rules apply in order to ensure the speedmapping and creativity of the people who take on the requests.

- If you accept a request post screenshots of your finished work and a download link along with a scan from virustotal.com ! I dont know wheter download links if posted along with a scan are allowed in this section otherwhise Id create a seperate thread for the downloads in the appropriate section.

Kind regards,
Damon

Let's start: I dont acctually need a map right now thus I will request a small temple in the desert :)

Last edited:
I got a request :p

Big Daddy Boss room.
Boss room location is underGround.
Currently used bossRoom: (the staffs are for light, else too dark, i want to see who I'm fighting with xD)
30t1m54.jpg

RULES:
1. On ground tiles you see from my picture there can't be any unpassable objects.
2. Don't expand the walkable room size.
3. green crystal must remain somewhere near the edge of the grounTile (player will get teleported out when clicking it)
(you can add items or whatnot moveable objects, i will just make it so players can't move these nor pick them up)

Extra: No need to map the waiting room, but here is the picture from above where players wait for their turn to fight with boss.
jakggo.jpg

Great idea! But this shitty community, full of trolls, are not openminded enough to support it
Thats really sad acctually :/ Well im in another forum of indie game devs and thats a cheerished thread there^^ Who knows? Maybe this will work on Otland to some extent, too^^

Great idea! But this shitty community, full of trolls, are not openminded enough to support it
i was sent map in conversations.
Although i can't use that, because he didn't care about my rules at all xD
My boss spells have static map boundries, this why the walkable groundTile should stay square and passable.

Just to make things sure:
This is not about making a specific request and create alot of rules like you did.
The idea behind this is rather to request something and see how the creator ends up making it.
Taking your specific rules in account the whole process of work would be lengthend to the extent it wouldnt be a speedmap anymore. Also if you request something without any rules to go after you are more likely to find someone whos going to take on the request^^

Kind regards,
Damon

Just to make things sure:
This is not about making a specific request and create alot of rules like you did.
The idea behind this is rather to request something and see how the creator ends up making it.
Taking your specific rules in account the whole process of work would be lengthend to the extent it wouldnt be a speedmap anymore. Also if you request something without any rules to go after you are more likely to find someone whos going to take on the request^^

Kind regards,
Damon
Did you even read my rules?
they are not that hard to follow and adds ~0-5min to speedmapping.
I'm not expecting masterpiece just proffesionalism. (if that is a word)
For the specific area i requested Rules are needed, else i can't use that map piece where i requested it.

Did you even read my rules?
they are not that hard to follow and adds ~0-5min to speedmapping.
I'm not expecting masterpiece just proffesionalism. (if that is a word)
For the specific area i requested Rules are needed, else i can't use that map piece where i requested it.
I did read your rules, no need to be rude. I was just about to say that your request is very specific and maybe a map piece you would be better off making yourself as you are more into your project. Your rules sure are specific as if someone requested a boss room I can imagine people to start mapping something totally different than you had in mind. I don't mind it if you give some very basic requirements like "Please map a temple in the desert" in order to define atleast the setting. However what you do is requesting a specific piece of map for your project and this is not what this is about. I won't be arguing any further regarding this matter in the thread, if you feel like I got you wrong or feel an urge to discuss things further please send me a private message and I will gladly discuss this matter with you, given you stick to a polite way of expressing yourself. Furthermore I have updated the rules in order to make things clear.
If you want to request a specific map piece use another thread.

Kind regards,
Damon

Last edited:
I did read your rules, no need to be rude. I was just about to say that your request is very specific and maybe a map piece you would be better off making yourself as you are more into your project. Your rules sure are specific as if someone requested a boss room I can imagine people to start mapping something totally different than you had in mind. I don't mind it if you give some very basic requirements like "Please map a temple in the desert" in order to define atleast the setting. However what you do is requesting a specific piece of map for your project and this is not what this is about. I won't be arguing any further regarding this matter in the thread, if you feel like I got you wrong or feel an urge to discuss things further please send me a private message and I will gladly discuss this matter with you, given you stick to a polite way of expressing yourself. Furthermore I have updated the rules in order to make things clear.
If you want to request a specific map piece use another thread.

Kind regards,
Damon
I can already tell how this thread will die out...

On a sidenote, try simplifying your text. It's a pain in the ass to read your posts.

Request
I'll request a river and a bridge in nature theme. :)
Very fast.. Some bugs may need tweaking.. Didn't necessarily make it playable. The waterfall splash is supposed to reflect water bashing against the tree.. meh
L9QSPZcp.png

Download: Click me!
Virus Total:Click Me! 100% safe

Very fast.. Some bugs may need tweaking.. Didn't necessarily make it playable. The waterfall splash is supposed to reflect water bashing against the tree.. meh
L9QSPZcp.png

the waterfall thing is actually a pretty good idea
I think @hehemidu had a thread like this, but without download links, and then it kinda died after a few days :/

Wow! Both pieces look awesome :) Keep the thread going^^

I kinda wanna see video's of people mapping at like 4x/5x rates. xD
Would be interesting to see.
Couldn't find that particular crystal, attempted to create a chamber that is unwalkable outside of the 8 by 10? area, along with a potential living quarters for the boss.

Don't need anything, but I'd like to see a jungle graveyard. :p

Last edited:
L9QSPZcp.png

By the way, why is your download link a .exe? o_O

This is a great idea! Despite whitevo's request not adhering to the rules of this thread, I gave it a go. I originally tried to incorporate a gem-centered theme with dashes of purple mountain walls, but quickly strayed away from it in favor of the gray mountain walls as the contrast between the brown ground and the purple walls wasn't very pleasing to the eye :p

I got a request :p

Big Daddy Boss room.
Boss room location is underGround.
Currently used bossRoom: (the staffs are for light, else too dark, i want to see who I'm fighting with xD)
|image|

RULES:
1. On ground tiles you see from my picture there can't be any unpassable objects.
2. Don't expand the walkable room size.
3. green crystal must remain somewhere near the edge of the grounTile (player will get teleported out when clicking it)
(you can add items or whatnot moveable objects, i will just make it so players can't move these nor pick them up)

Extra: No need to map the waiting room, but here is the picture from above where players wait for their turn to fight with boss.
|image|

~15 minutes spent

Finished:
9eJBxCa.png

Pathing:
KB6m90F.png

Download: http://speedy*****malware.localhost/e759Y/BigDaddyBoss.otbm
Scan: virustotal.com

Looks awesome! Glad so many people get encouraged by this thread :)

If someone finds the time I have another request to make: A graveyard! Looking forward to see what you guys come up with :)

Back