• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X Spells attacking players with no target

zDeluxe

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 0.3.6 server that for some reason, when you use an attack spell, it will attack other players when they are not being targeted. I currently have to use a command that turns PvP on and off to ensure that players can quest together without accidently killing each other. Because of this, people are unhappy as I imagine they do not wish to take the extra steps. Any advise on what I could do to resolve this?

Client version? by attack spells you mean something like (exevo gran mas flam)?
0.3.6 so it should be for 8.6 or below I believe. if that's the case so it's how PVP system is supposed to work there.
to ensure that players can quest together without accidently killing each other
Why not add no-PVP tiles to quests using RME?

Hello, I have a 0.3.6 server that for some reason, when you use an attack spell, it will attack other players when they are not being targeted. I currently have to use a command that turns PvP on and off to ensure that players can quest together without accidently killing each other. Because of this, people are unhappy as I imagine they do not wish to take the extra steps. Any advise on what I could do to resolve this?
some TFS 0.3.6 have the methods in creaturescripts. maybe making use of these two events you can get what you want. have you tried?
Maybe restricting guild or party friends from being able to attack each other, I think I've seen this type of request before...
Lua:
function onCombat(cid, target)
    return true
end

function onAreaCombat(cid, ground, position, aggressive)
    return true
end

some TFS 0.3.6 have the methods in creaturescripts. maybe making use of these two events you can get what you want. have you tried?
Maybe restricting guild or party friends from being able to attack each other, I think I've seen this type of request before...
Lua:
function onCombat(cid, target)
    return true
end

function onAreaCombat(cid, ground, position, aggressive)
    return true
end
I added this to my creature scripts (with registerCreatureEvent(cid, "pvpfix")) and unfortunately, it seems spells are still attacking other players despite not targeting.
Post automatically merged:

Client version? by attack spells you mean something like (exevo gran mas flam)?
0.3.6 so it should be for 8.6 or below I believe. if that's the case so it's how PVP system is supposed to work there.

Why not add no-PVP tiles to quests using RME?
Yeah, spells as you say, e.g 'exevo gran mas flam', I am running a 7.6 server, this is why I believe people have an issue with the attacking without targeting.

I had not considered the no-PvP tiles, I will give this a go as well.

Back