• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Spriting like a boss. (Just a beginner haha)

Templar shield looks very cool :D the rest isnt that good but keep working and you will be getting better and better :)

Updated:
  • Flame Sword
    LOVA6m.png

Wich editor do u use? Noxitu? If yes, Noxitu work in 8.6 version?

Wich editor do u use? Noxitu? If yes, Noxitu work in 8.6 version?
I use paint haha

hahaha that gap! People wearing these must have a hard time walking :D
I hate those legs man, gonna change edit em for sure.

Templar shield looks very cool :D the rest isnt that good but keep working and you will be getting better and better :)
Ye I liked the templar shield haha, tried to do the shadow and lighting and it turned out to be good.

• Golden Sword: (Tried to make it light from the middle but kinda failed as usual)
6ziwdU.png

Alright, so since you are kinda familiar with how light works, you now have to understand and master technique of shading called "Anti aliasing"

I use paint haha

I hate those legs man, gonna change edit em for sure.

Ye I liked the templar shield haha, tried to do the shadow and lighting and it turned out to be good.

• Golden Sword: (Tried to make it light from the middle but kinda failed as usual)
6ziwdU.png

Ok, you are using painting to do your sprites. But you will put them where? in Noxitu Sprite Editor?

Alright, so since you are kinda familiar with how light works, you now have to understand and master technique of shading called "Anti aliasing"
Any examples for how to "anti-aliasing" and maybe a plain noob sword and another one which seems like its glowing same shape and color to be good at the shadows and lighting parts ? Im not yet good at shadows and lights, they givin me a hard time to stand a part out and make it more visible than other parts.

Any examples for how to "anti-aliasing" and maybe a plain noob sword and another one which seems like its glowing same shape and color to be good at the shadows and lighting parts ? Im not yet good at shadows and lights, they givin me a hard time to stand a part out and make it more visible than other parts.

See if the tutorials here can help you understand some of those basic techniques, and don't stop working. 1 or 2 sprites a day will make for great progress in the longer run. In a few months you'll be able to sprite some great stuff, I can almost guarantee that!

See if the tutorials here can help you understand some of those basic techniques, and don't stop working. 1 or 2 sprites a day will make for great progress in the longer run. In a few months you'll be able to sprite some great stuff, I can almost guarantee that!
Read a whole tutorial and like studied it. But I still can't make my items look as realistic and curvy as the tutorial.
Will post a new sprite soon.

You need to keep the proportions right. So the handle will fit the blade :p

Your images are either broken or my browser is :O
I can't see any pics, just
I suppose your browser is bugged.
Seems like I can't do better than this shit, no more progress and maybe even worse and I'm getting pretty frustrated.
fzV3RN.png

I suppose your browser is bugged.
Seems like I can't do better than this shit, no more progress and maybe even worse and I'm getting pretty frustrated.
fzV3RN.png

You shaded the blade using a method called pillowshading which is wrong in most situations, especially for small sprites such as this. Axes tend to look great if a highlight color is outlining the inner border of their blade. Gives them that "sharp blade" feel. As for the texture, that can be done in a variety of ways, but pillowshading is certainly not an option.

Take a look:

cyWNBhC.png

ADeOkfv.png

Pay attention to a few things:
On the second one, the way the I shaded the blade, especially the blade's edge. Notice that some of the outline is not black. Outline doesn't always have to be black, but it should be dark nevertheless. However, by giving it some hue and making it just a bit lighter, you can accomplish softening effects that help remove the crisp black pixels that make the sprite lines look jagged (read more on anti-aliasing).

On the third one, just by doing some very very minor pixel changes and additions, I was able to give the axe a more fearsome look.

I hope you can absorb some knowledge from this and use it in your next sprite.

If you want, here is a template of the 3rd axe so you can give it another shot and try practicing the technique above.

A9MIvlX.png

You shaded the blade using a method called pillowshading which is wrong in most situations, especially for small sprites such as this. Axes tend to look great if a highlight color is outlining the inner border of their blade. Gives them that "sharp blade" feel. As for the texture, that can be done in a variety of ways, but pillowshading is certainly not an option.

Take a look:

cyWNBhC.png

ADeOkfv.png

Pay attention to a few things:
On the second one, the way the I shaded the blade, especially the blade's edge. Notice that some of the outline is not black. Outline doesn't always have to be black, but it should be dark nevertheless. However, by giving it some hue and making it just a bit lighter, you can accomplish softening effects that help remove the crisp black pixels that make the sprite lines look jagged (read more on anti-aliasing).

On the third one, just by doing some very very minor pixel changes and additions, I was able to give the axe a more fearsome look.

I hope you can absorb some knowledge from this and use it in your next sprite.

If you want, here is a template of the 3rd axe so you can give it another shot and try practicing the technique above.

A9MIvlX.png

Darandul:
WtGulA.png

Thoughts?

Darandul:
WtGulA.png

Thoughts?

The outline might be too light on the blade now, but it's definitely going in a better direction. Just compare that one to the red one you previously posted, and you'll see that it's much of an improvement. Now keep experimenting a bit with the thickness of the outline and light on the blade to get that perfect result.

Well done.

The outline might be too light on the blade now, but it's definitely going in a better direction. Just compare that one to the red one you previously posted, and you'll see that it's much of an improvement. Now keep experimenting a bit with the thickness of the outline and light on the blade to get that perfect result.

Well done.
Glad to hear that, any suggestions for my ugly legs?

• Emerald legs (turned into jungle legs lmao)
    hKIhZ7.png
  • Tweaked it a bit:
    kGus03.png
What am I missing or they good?

Gonna get to sleep, 9:45 am here haha
Practicing edges tomorrow thanks for the help appreciate it!

Eh, if those legs are for gorgeous women with the purpose of camel-toe then yup. Well done.

Otherwise, just take a look at the already-made cipsoft legs dragon scale legs, etc. . You can see that those legs aren't so extremely slim like yours. I myself like the un-tweaked ones more.

Don't be afraid to make the legs wider, bigger. You've got enough place for that. With bigger legs you have more place to shade, put details and so on.

Back