• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

spriting tutorial by cardinale

Cardinale

Reaction score
hi, i will show you some tecniques to create sprites.

first search for some 2D models from 64x64 to 256x256

s1.png

then you need to cut and remove all the grey area of the desired item and make it 64x64 or 128x128 just "cutting it" with the paint cut square tool!

s2.png

finally when you got the desired item in 64x64 or 128x128 then you will use the resizer to make it 32x32.

casco3.png

and now you got the sprites in 32x32, now go to any image editor like, photoshop, corel, etc.
and do some touches like bright, shadows, contrast.

cascos.png

now you got 32x32 sprites base models.

now i will use one of this base sprites, to make it a real cool sprite.

i will use the golden effect tecnique using this base sprite.

cascos - copia.png and i will use this "golden" 32x32 sprite as mixer golden.png

using corel for example, the "multiplier mixer at 100%"

gg.png

cascos - copia.png done, Golden Wood helmet
Post automatically merged:

now the steel will be the same using this one

steel.png

now you got the "Dirty steel helmet" because i added a GREEN tone at the end

cascos - copia (2).png

and for the last one i will use both, steel and golden ones, then i will use the colors of the royal helmet. to mimic the sprite.

rh.png

fast edit for female

rh.png

Attachments

Last edited:
hi otland! today i will show you how to make any item with rainbow animation.

first we need a "rainbow base" so i will use the rainbow shield from tibia.
item_8077.png
then i will take the item i want to have the rainbox effect to have the same count of animations.

0p - copia (2).png

but i just want the "green stones to have the effect, not the entire bottle, so i will cut!

0p - copia.png

then with photoshop, corel or any program you will "Mix the items using the rainbow shield as second cape using the "match colors" mixing mode.

91.png

there you go!

567.gif

Editing tutorial*, without offending you, they are pretty god, but you aren't teaching about how you should do the sprites

Again, is a editing tutorial, you aren't creating anything from scratch, is just an opinion, you're doing god tier tutorials right now
"hi, i will show you some tecniques to create sprites."

"first search for some 2D models from 64x64 to 256x256"

is stated in the first message, "Tecniques, using corel, and photoshop to make items, modifications, or animations"

a regular person with 0% knowledge of spriting using this tutorial will be able to do at least something.

thats why i made this post, also very few people can do sprites from 0, i can do sprites from 0 too, but my question for you is WHY? you know how many models you can find in google? i guess like 5 millions of armors, helmets etc. with very little use of any program like photoshop or whatever you will be able to do amazing stuff for your server. its simplier, and easy.

i know some people make money from "spriting" and maybe they will not like my post, but come on, its 2023 and editing programs and IA are becoming a reality for spriting too.

Pretty sure a lot of members will get something out of this thread and achieve their first steps on spriting and that's what is important. Thanks for your contribution! :)

"hi, i will show you some tecniques to create sprites."

"first search for some 2D models from 64x64 to 256x256"

is stated in the first message, "Tecniques, using corel, and photoshop to make items, modifications, or animations"

a regular person with 0% knowledge of spriting using this tutorial will be able to do at least something.

thats why i made this post, also very few people can do sprites from 0, i can do sprites from 0 too, but my question for you is WHY? you know how many models you can find in google? i guess like 5 millions of armors, helmets etc. with very little use of any program like photoshop or whatever you will be able to do amazing stuff for your server. its simplier, and easy.

i know some people make money from "spriting" and maybe they will not like my post, but come on, its 2023 and editing programs and IA are becoming a reality for spriting too.
Again, i'm not against your tutorial, it's pretty good and i'm even following it, but it's an editing tutorial

Back