• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Starting with OTClient

Zysen

=)
Reaction score
Hello, since I'm new to OTC, I would like to ask you a few questions. First of all, I would like to add skins to OTC. I know there's a directory like data/otclient_skins (something like that), and for an example, here's a pic:

otclient.png

As you see, I want to change skins. How can I do that?

Second question; is it possible to do something like this:

-rain:

Q6YBS.png

-fog:

fLg2p.png

-snow:

1jZYj.png

and 3rd question: is it possible to shadows?

something like this:

xx19.png

ZGBf6YT.png

Thanks in advance.

Fog and smoke can be done in more than one way.
Somewhere in this board I managed to make client handle spr format with alpha channel and you could add sprites for it. Or just use particle system probably. In both cases you can use extended opcodes or add more normal way packets informing client that it should render them. Snow would need normal sprites probably. Shadows... Possible, but you would need to describe how every object should block light(something like full 3d information about object) and then patch lights engine a bit. Maybe there's easier way...

@up
same thought there my man :p and for what i have heard read, it is achievable.

Well shadows you could just have it check the source of the light and reflect a shadow opposite of the item/person/w,e's size. However, if you had a light

x and x
then the shadow wouldn't work in that logic.. so idk (i am currently looking into shadows with otclient so when i finish it i will release it in this board) as for fog and rain etc that can be done reasonably.

Simple emulation of shadow can be done easyly. But effect from picture looks like shadow dropped by 3d object for me. Anyway, anything is possible. We have full control of both sides of game so imagination is the limit

sadly you are wrong my friend, those who can won't help much, and those who imagine it don't know much about Lua/C++

I'm somewhere in the middle, I imagine and I can code a bit, but thats not level of game creator, I can just script for existing server and add some simple features, and otclient is black magic for me now :D

sadly you are wrong my friend, those who can won't help much, and those who imagine it don't know much about Lua/C++

.. What about tarjei? ;) that crazy insane polish guy :p

- - - Updated - - -

thanks for the responses. and the skins?

I did release a skin originally on the otclient.info site which is now gone. I will release some more some time with a tut on how to edit and apply themes

.. What about tarjei? ;) that crazy insane polish guy :p

- - - Updated - - -

I did release a skin originally on the otclient.info site which is now gone. I will release some more some time with a tut on how to edit and apply themes

yeah, you should make tut~ ;p
and about the shadows, I'll try looking into it.

Back