• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Stian's Ultimate monster folder renamer and monsters.xml generator!

stian

Banned User
Reaction score
Yea, after a long strugle with diffrent structure in monsters I desided to make a little tool to clear it out. This can also be used to make monsters compatible with Linux from ANY server out there (Linux is case sensetive, Windows is not).

It can also be used to generate a completly new clear monsters.xml file based on what you got in your folders.

How to use it:
Move renamer.py to your datafolder.

Windows (first download and install python 2.X from python.org):
Go to the path and click on it.
Follow the steps as you desier.

Linux:
Open a terminal
cd path/to/TFS/data
python renamer.py

First question will ask if you want to regenerate monsters.xml, or just "edit" it. It's good to write "0" here if you got alot of monsters you have removed from this file.

Next question simply allows you to choose structure.
Methods:
1: undead humanoids/banshee.xml (all lowcase)
2: Undead humanoids/Banshee.xml (Folder name first char as uppercase)
3: Undead Humanoids/Banshee.xml (First char in every ord as uppercase)
4: Undead humanoids/banshee.xml (First char of folders as uppercase)

Enjoy :)

The forum didn't allow me to upload it as .py, therefore it's a .tar.gz

Attachments

• renamer.py.tar.gz
    1,001 bytes · Views: 84 · VirusTotal
Last edited:
Still, it's like a new record when it comes to approval here.

@Sentielo

Won't happend that I release tibialoot.py and tibiaparse.py. :p

Tibialoot.py will generate a list of loot for all the monsters, the output of this script is whats used in Sentinelo's monsterpack.

tibiaparse.py is a NPC buy and sell list generator. This is currently not used in any released package, but might have been used a bit in the Thunderion project.

Back