• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Stickies in Every Section to explain that section to people.

Sodeko

Reaction score
After my thread getting deleted and finding out that it was supposedly in the wrong section... I would like to suggest that there be Sticky posts on top of EVERY section explaining exactly what is allowed in that section and what is not.

I saw a lot of posts in support section. I created a similar one which got deleted. Had I known that was the wrong section, I would have posted it in the right section. But seeing as there are a lot of posts in a section, and we don't know if they belong there or not, it makes it difficult to report. The Mods know what is suppose to be there and what is not, we (Players/owners/scripters/designers/mappers...) Don't know the technicalities of it.

We should have the moderators of the sections come up with things that would be allowed in those sections and things that wouldn't be allowed.

It needs to be CLEAR and ACCURATE. That way, people won't have a reason to bitch a complain why their posts got deleted, and the mods don't have to explain anything. just point them in the direction of the thread and case closed.

The name of the category and the description below it say everything. Read something before posting useless shit like this

Useless shit??? Wtf... I had a fucking suggestion and i put it up just for you to come on and call it useless shit??? Do you have any bit of professionalism in you??? I don't know why anyone here would suggest anything if people like you are gonna go around and talk shit. If you don't have anything nice to say, shut your fucking mouth...

BACK ON TOPIC...

I was talking about categories that don't have any description...

Like Requests, and other sub topics...

I put a post up on Support because I needed help with Modern AAC, but it got deleted and I was told that it belonged in requests.... wtf??? You guys say that if I need any help with anything, make a thread in Support... but then when I do, you guys delete my shit and tell me it belongs in requests??? Why???

Last edited:
I am sorry...
Dear Sir, I am very sorry because you failed hard posting dumb shit that already exists in different way...

HAHAHAHAH... Ot lands really is going down... holy shit... and I wonder why Mods and Admin are sitting there wondering wtf happened...

Your thread belonged to requests because you wanted something done, quoting your own post

1. When a new player creates an account, I want the account name to save under the table 'id' AND 'name'
2. After a player creates the account, when they click on "Create Character", I only want them to see 1 vocation. Not all 4. I've been messing with this for the past 3 hours now and its getting on my nerves haha

3. When a player deletes a character, I want MAAC to actually delete the char from the database. Not just the char list. If possible, have a timer like delete the char in 24 hrs or so.
This is clearly a request

Support is more like, post your current code/error and people will help you
Request is when you don't know how to do something and you ask other people how to do it and (sometimes, not saying in ur case) if they could do it

@Topic
I think the names are pretty obvious, maybe you just misinterpreted your own request as a question for support
Honestly, I don't think this is required, the forum names and descriptions are already enough imo

Also, what was the reason for your previous post?

Thank you scarlet for the reply. Thats all I really wanted. A clear explanation of the reason it got deleted. I appreciate you explaining it to me. I did misinterpret my thread for support. I felt that I needed help changing something in Modern AAC but after your explanation, I see that the way I worded my thread did sound more like a request than support.

As for the last post, I meant that in a community, when people try to put in their 2 cents and get a response like the one FreshMapper gave, people become less likely to speak up next time if they have an idea or suggestion. Also it makes people less likely to want to help others because of the way they were treated. I treat everyone the way I want to be treated unless they aren't respectful. People like FreshMapper who act so unprofessional and rude will bring down the community. Everyone knows that people aren't sharing anymore with each other. The community is just not what it used to be. 2 years ago, OTs were blooming! Everyone was releasing their stuff and putting in their 2 cents to the community.

But when people suggest something, or release something, or just try to do what they think might help out, they get shot down by people like FreshMapper...

Look at the Mapping show offs section. People spend a few mins, make something they think looks nice. They post it up there to try to get a better prospective and pointers on how they can get better, but all you see is people on there flaming people's work. Saying "It sux" "Worst Piece of shit ever" "quit mapping" instead of offering constructive criticism. Otland is full of negative people who can't do anything right themselves so they try to bring other people down with them just so that they feel better... Misery loves company you know?

And I will be honest, I was very upset when I said that so I do apologize, I didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment. But like I said, if people don't have anything nice to say, they should just mind their own business and worry about themselves instead of jumping on people's threads and saying things like "Read something before posting useless shit like this ".

There were many many different ways to say what he said to me. A simple "It has already been suggested and people didn't want that. There are descriptions under the forum sections already, that should be enough."

I am not saying that everyone on otland is like FreshMapper. People do help out and are very courteous and professional. Like yourself, Scarlet. But there aren't enough peopel like that.

I try to help people as much as I can. Granted I haven't been very active in the ot community for a long time, but I try to help people. But when I suggest something and get treated like I am a dumb ass who is retarded and can't read. Then I get less inclined to help others and just worry about my own shit. I am in the process of creating my own server with things the ot community hasn't even dreamed of. And it is already due to be released ahead of schedule. I would love to share my scripts and give something back to the community, but why should I do that when people like FreshMapper who treat me this way are just going to reap the rewards of my labor.

Last edited:
Glad that you have understood the difference and the reason for the deletion :)

The forums are full of trolls/flamers/haters, there's simply nothing we can do to prevent it, so the best way to deal with them is simply ignore them, there's not much more you can do and if you answer back at them, it'll only make matters worse, but don't give up on the community, sure there are alot of trolls/flamers/haters, but there are also very helpful people, I don't want to start discussing names here because it would be offtopic and would only create more flames, so lets leave it at that :)

What is really blowing my mind right now is the fact that the thread was deleted instead of moved to the correct section.

Most moderators delete threads on wrong section because, heck, everyone would post on wrong section and expect a moderator to move it to the proper board. That's not how it should be done.

Back