• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Strange Wireless Internet problem

Reaction score
My wireless internet is on, but when I want to connect to a network, it won't show up the available networks.

Example: I want to connect to "My Network"

WLAN is on, I go to the available networks but it says "no available networks" (the list of the available connections doesn't show up), which is false because I can connect to the network with my other computers :s

I just woke up so tell me if I haven't made myself clear, I will edit this post and put pictures

Check if SSID is turned off, if you don't know what this is or how to use it, contact your internet service provider.

Check if SSID is turned off, if you don't know what this is or how to use it, contact your internet service provider.

Partially true, with the exception of contacting his ISP, he should contact his routers manual,
BTW go here 192.168.1.1 it will ask you for username and password, basically this is:
Username: admin
Password: password - 0000 - 000000 - 1234 - 123456 (sometimes it may be up to 7 digits(rarely)

navigate to wireless settings and read, it will be self-explanatory from there on.

Good Luck

But the problem is that it doesn't work at all. I can't connect to any networks at all, basically, the list that shows up with the available connections is empty. It says that there is no available connection when there is...

Try download some new drivers for your PC (motherboard), that might help you.

example: If you're PC is from ASUS go into their website (asus.com) and find the correct drivers for your motherboard and you should be done.

But the problem is that it doesn't work at all. I can't connect to any networks at all, basically, the list that shows up with the available connections is empty. It says that there is no available connection when there is...

If you can not connect to any network whatsoever then it is like what Oscar said, you need to install the drivers, we can help you with the driver hunt, but give us the Brand and model of your desktop/laptop, if it's a desktop, put the name of the wireless adapter(unless it came integrated) and/or post its model and brand.

Sorry for being so late but I haven't had Internet access until now.

It's a Samsung RV510 laptop, windows 7, 32-bit Operating system... anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Try the following:

start -> execute -> cmd -> ipconfig/flushdns
start -> execute -> cmd -> ipconfig/renew

start -> execute -> temp ( delete EVERYTHING )
start -> execute -> prefetch ( delete EVERYTHING )

Still don't work? Repeat step 1.

Good luck.

Sorry for being so late but I haven't had Internet access until now.

It's a Samsung RV510 laptop, windows 7, 32-bit Operating system... anything else?

Thanks in advance.

Ok you may have a driver issue or a malfunctioning hardware, you may:

1. Run Windows Updates - Start > Windows Update > Click on "# optional updates are available", you'll find your self with this screen:
sWr3Goes8.png

Under "Windows 7" You will find some drivers to install, look for "Atheros Wireless Card"(somewhere in between those lines) then press 'OK'.(Note: I'm Assuming you are using your laptop wired.)
It should work after the update.

2. Run Device Manager - Start > Device Manager, look under Network Adapter, should look like this:
bC9heBVVi.png

then look for your wireless, the name should be Atheros, Double click on it and if it has a problem, on Device status it will say anything but, 'This device is working properly.', you may click on the Driver tab and click on Update Driver.

3. Go to Samsung Support, in there, there will be a big search bar, type in the model number of your Laptop(This is usually found on the bottom of the laptop and verify if there are any drivers available to download.

4. Easy Driver Pro - now, I'm suggesting this, because just like you've searched, I have searched too and have not found any drivers for you Laptop.(Note: Use this as last resort.) The program seems legit, but I'm always dubious about 3rd Party software that installs my drivers.

5. Contact a Samsung Technician or visit the Shopping center from where you bought your laptop, and tell them about your situation, they will most surely run you on my 1st step, but if anything,Assuming the laptop is new, they will cover your warranty.

Good Luck!

Hi guys

None of that worked :/ I opened the windows update but there was no such update

but to make things even more clear.. I even tried to change OS but it still didn't work (from Windows 7 to Vista and back). When I changed to Vista, it stopped working. Then I tried to change back to Win 7 but the problem still remains for some very strange reason...

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Basically, it seems that my WLAN is turned off. I can't turn it off on that computer, however, because it doesn't have a button you can switch on/off.

Yeah, the Laptop is new but I think I've discovered the problem, hmm.

It is a driver problem, probably. I went to Device Manager and then under the "Other devices" category, there's a driver named "Network Controller" and it has this "!" mark on it. I searched for Network Controller on Google and it seems that this is my problem.

Edit: It says I have to update the driver to make it work, however, when I do that, this happens:

"Windows was unable to install your Network Controller

Windows could not find the driver software for your device.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software."

Have you tried pressing 'fn' + 'F9' ?

I just read that it's supposed to open the wireless switch so you can turn it on/off.
Edit:Update:
g8jFPzvPnF.png

go here, this might be for you! :)

Last edited:
Back