• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggest Ideas... For the making of the best OpenTibia Server ever

Colandus

Advanced OT User
Senator
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm in the progress of creating a magnificent, extraordinary fun, entertaining and highly addicting server. A mixture of all types; RPG/PvP-E/Fun Serv. How is that possible? Well, it's kinda tricky, but with the correct features and a fair balancedness everything is achievable. My goal with this server is for every player to enjoy, and love the game-play, even those who are tired of OpenTibia servers because they can't fit their needs. Those who look for RPG servers, war servers or Fun Servers will all enjoy it because it'll be just perfect, not too fast, not too slow. I aim to remove all time-wasting procedures and make sure the player is never bored (by this I do NOT mean there will be no long quests, because you bet it will be, and not regular ones, there will be hard, tricky, funny and unforgettably challenging quests/missions). No player will be too overpowered. Even though all the talk about its perfection, there is always room for improvement and that's why I'm asking YOU for suggestions, ideas or any hints at all!

Did you ever play TheOTServer ? It will not be exactly like it, but if you enjoyed it I can assure you this one will be enjoyed greatly better.

My current ideas and features for the server will not be revealed until the release for the sake that someone might copy them and use it for themselves before my server is online and will remove originality from my server <_<

So, what are you waiting for? If you have any ideas I'm open. If you have something that you find being a very great idea that you really don't want to expose to the public but would love to share with me, I can accept Private Messages!

Sincerely,
Colandus

uhm okay I'll just give you what I valuable more than anything else when it's about quests: They have to be FUN!
The rl tibia quests..... well everybody knows them, yet every ot has them. Why? They're popular but BORING.

I personally like quests that requires a bit thinking, or basic knowledge. That could be ehm...... "You see a grave, next to the grave is a skull, next to the skull is a shovel - to solve this put the skull on the grave & use the shovel on the skull."

For longer quests you might want to make 'checkpoints' aswell, ie. a portal which leads back, but only if you have entered the portal you will be back to same spot.

Also - read books/stories about things that you find interesting. I love reading about the seven sins, so basicly my own server is builded on that. Such stories etc. can give you very good ideas.

Yes I can guarantee you that my quests will be extremely funny and still challenging. I don't like quests how they are nowadays, I don't even find then amusing or nothing, just very boring and too rhythmic like you have to follow certain guidelines only (I'm thinking of PoI or whichever huge quests there is on Tibia)... The best quest in Tibia is probably the Dreamers Challenger quest, but I find it being too "piece by piece", like it doesn't feel like it's all connected... Too much teleports maybe dunno :D

Anyway you might not have understood what I meant above lol but I'm surely going to have fun quests. Also for the second one I think that's just too hard to know what to do. I would never think like "oh a skull let's put it on the grave and use the shovel" hehe but if the items was more obvious maybe it would work...

And the hard part with making a server that every kind of player will like is that you have to fit all their needs. Which means I will have to use some storyline quests for those who find it amusing. I know though most of the players despise it and would do anything to avoid it. That's why the quests and missions has to be very versatile! Tricky again heh :p

hmm.. If this is like the otserver i will sureley play it and once agian, Become highest level :p This time.. I hope no1 steals my donor weapon then :)

And.. Remember to make many events.. I loved the L4D event and there should be many more like theese ^^

lol... well i'll have traceable donation items so i will be able to see who is the owner.... and yeah there will be lots of events :D Having about 10+ events will make sure there is always an active event and not the same over and over again which will make the players tired of it... There will also be bonus/rare events that won't occur as often but have a better reward and be more challenging.

We will also have CTF but it will be much better than the last one...

Back