• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Suggestion] 12.XX official items.otb update

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Evil Puncker

Suggestion: Update official items.otb to 12.x version

Brief explanation: As we all know, currently our main tfs branch is based on tibia version 10.98 because that is currently the latest version that OTC supports, but it has been 3 years already and tibia got many new sprites/items that owners wants to use but can't.

Reasons:
  1. Many users don't know how to generate an updated items.otb
  2. There is no active development/update on the item editor tool
  3. There are no guides on how to use it
  4. INCOMPATIBILITY between user generated items.otb (do you guys remember when Zao was released and we had lots of RL datapacks with different items ID, right? Now we have Issave with the same issue, just read post replies)
  5. We have a new and promising custom client OTU being made by @Slavi Dodo that has 12 client packets being implemented

Cons: ????
  • debug if you try to create a new item but not with an updated Tibia.dat/spr 😬 (or add a config to enable/disable usage of items ID higher than XXXX)

Pros:
  • new sprites
  • new animations
  • new outfits
  • no more headache to update from 10.98
  • no longer stuck with 10.98 sprites only
  • official repository, everybody you have it
  • community can help to create and submit missing items.xml entries
  • TFS can still stay at 10.98 support AND support an updated items.otb
  • etc

we have a new and promising custom client OTU being made by @Slavi Dodo that has 12 client packets being implemented.

Last edited by a moderator:
items data is stored differently in newer clients, there is no spr/dat

moving to a new client will be possible if official otclient repo gets updated I guess

holy shit 10.99 support was added 3 years ago

items data is stored differently in newer clients, there is no spr/dat
indeed, but we can still convert the assets folder into Tibia.spr and Tibia.dat by using this tool, and using ot item editor to generate/update a new items.otb

i just convert the 12x client to 10.98 with a tool and i update my own otb, i dont know why people still chasing tibia, instead of make their own ways.
is OT land right?

i just convert the 12x client to 10.98 with a tool and i update my own otb, i dont know why people still chasing tibia, instead of make their own ways.
is OT land right?
INCOMPATIBILITY between user generated items.otb (do you guys remember when Zao was released and we had lots of RL datapacks with different items ID, right? Now we have Issave with the same issue, just read post replies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back