• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion for safer Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laloomega

Mega-War ❤
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Otland Team, it would be great if you could connect your personal phone number towards otland, or even a State ID or Country ID, safer transactions, trustworthy people. make it show that you are verified via phone and/or State ID

Hey Otland Team, it would be great if you could connect your personal phone number towards otland, or even a State ID or Country ID, safer transactions, trustworthy people. make it show that you are verified via phone and/or State ID

How will this should be applied? The only section of the forum that needs this kind of information is Jobs board, the rest has nothing to do with transactions. Maybe this implementation could work if personal information is requiered to become premium user, to don't interfer the users who come to OTLand searching scripts, support, maps, etc.

Yes, it would be good , to have verification required to access jobs forum

I like the idea, there's also other forums, such as elitepvpers, which have these features and you also get some banners on your postbit.

dzOa4Hl.png

Last edited:
I find it surprising people think having your ID tied to the site will somehow lower the amount of scams.

Did y'all just forget about Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and other such sites where real info verification is a requirement, and yet scams happen multiple times every single day, and have been since forever.

Also: Identity theft - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_theft)

Unlike the enterprises mentioned above, who have millions of dollars to spend on security, this site has none.
It'll be a prime target of hackers once it starts collecting valuable information like that, and all of you who happily threw your ID card at the site without thinking will be waking up with surprise $10,000 loans and credit card bills that someone else opened in your name, once (not if, when) this site has its database hacked and downloaded and then sold to the highest bidder.

otland adms already check our private messages i would not want to share my id

OTLand doesn't care about your transactions, if you get scammed or whatnot. They are not the middleman in this, they don't care. There is a reason why selling stuff is prohibited here.

Yet people sell their services, it is true it would be a bad idea against scammers, but what about the money they make out of premium people? Why not invest in site for security or whatnot?

No changes to the forum can save the user from his own foolishness.

Most of people that claimed to be scammed paid the full price in advance to the dev they never worked with.

dumbest idea in a while, why not ask otland to insert chips into every user and track how much cocaine we all use??
people could try it then be implemented if they see that it works, but everyones opinions are taken into Notice
just a suggestion i had

I have a better idea, a new title/badge (just like the "premium user") for all alternative accounts someone might have, that way you will know that it is not an "original" user :) and take your risk by talking with him

1624816945638.png

Better sell your info on apple already, i think that otland doesn't have a lot of ground to sell the info of a dying forum

Or even better.... The mods could do their job and ban scammers........ hello @mods??

Or even better.... The mods could do their job and ban scammers........ hello @mods??
It's in fact, not our job. We explicitly declare that we do not interfere with personal businesses. I hope you understand the amount of time that we'd need to investigate every single matter, is vastly beyond our current timeframe of volunteer work.
P.S
Pinging @mods does not work.

On-topic, this suggestion won't stop any scammers regardless. Use common sense when doing business online. That should be enough.

Perhaps you want to clarify what you think the point is? Since you haven't explained your point of view on the suggestion, it's not hard for me to miss it. I am replying to a specific user's point - which I certainly did not misunderstand.

Funny picture though, I like it.
thepoint.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back