• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion for safer Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laloomega

Mega-War ❤
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Otland Team, it would be great if you could connect your personal phone number towards otland, or even a State ID or Country ID, safer transactions, trustworthy people. make it show that you are verified via phone and/or State ID

Wait what? No amount of money can compensate your time? Then please kind sir, explain to me why anyone works for any wage?
I doubt any mod spends any time being angry at someone, they're adult enough to not take things personally especially online and after being here for such a long time. I dont get what you are trying to say here? I dont get your point at all. That the mods are wasting their time? Dude you do realize that without them we would not even have a forum like this? You are so wrong at so many different levels.

Wait what? No amount of money can compensate your time? Then please kind sir, explain to me why anyone works for any wage?
Because we're slaves of the system and only way to break these chains is making more money with less work. You're truly free when you trade resources (eg invest) instead of selling your time.

Dude you do realize that without them we would not even have a forum like this? You are so wrong at so many different levels.
The idea of forum is flawed anyway, hence why many of them died in favour of facebook groups.
Besides resources that could be hosted on github and communication that could be realized on discord, there's only ot advertisement left, which can be realized on ot lists.

Perhaps you want to clarify what you think the point is? Since you haven't explained your point of view on the suggestion, it's not hard for me to miss it. I am replying to a specific user's point - which I certainly did not misunderstand.

Funny picture though, I like it.
View attachment 59900
The point was that it's rather seen as an additional trust factor, rather than stopping scammers. The effort a scammer would have to go through to get a friend to do the verification for them just so they run a multi account might deter some people. Also you can hand the scammer's data over if the user decides to file a police report, that's what elitepvpers is doing too.

Offtopic, but trying to convince anyone on the OTLand staff to change anything about the forum is a waste of time, I and many others know that just as well as you do. One example is the administration's demonstration of ignorance for the most upvoted suggestion thread on the forum, since almost 2 full months. As well as that it's always the same 2 moderators who actually care to say anything about the forum's issues or user suggestions, you behave more like a forum admin than they do 🤔.
OTLand is mostly resistant to change, and that's also a factor for why the state of this forum is on a constant decline.

Because we're slaves of the system and only way to break these chains is making more money with less work. You're truly free when you trade resources (eg invest) instead of selling your time.

The idea of forum is flawed anyway, hence why many of them died in favour of facebook groups.
Besides resources that could be hosted on github and communication that could be realized on discord, there's only ot advertisement left, which can be realized on ot lists.
You’re getting way way wayyyy too philosophical on here dude, stop trying to take this discussion further away from the topic and stray away to the heavens. You just keep making new points deviating to different subjects. Stay ontopic and save the philosophy bullshit for 4chan.

Moderators on the forum enforce the forum rules. I’m not sure why you are so adamant about making moderators handle these issues. Meanwhile you are actually protecting one of the biggest scammers the community has seen, with deceiving reviews. Maybe work on yourself first than trying to change the moderating of OTLand.

Click the link in the post you are referring to and you will see my explanation to as why I locked the threads.
Okay wait this is just proof of how bad Otland moderation really is, you really telling me Im protecting one of the biggest scammers we have encountered just because some people say he scammed them? You know what, I dont give a flying shit about Aurelion, Im not his friend nor am I assosiated with him, he did a great looking website for a good price for me, thats all I have said. He never scammed me and I think its important to put it out there for everyone to see. You legit sitting here "moderator" and calling someone a scammer just cuz some peps on the forums says so, has he scammed you? What proof do you have, Im not saying he is a good man or anything, Im just telling my side of the story.

Maybe go read an article about one sided stories and how dangerous they are.
Please, keep some standards as a moderator or use an alt for such bs replies.

Thanks thats it, sorry for sounding so aggressive but this reply just put me off. A "moderator"... Sheeeesh please dude dont ever reply to anything I ever post on this forum again.

Okay wait this is just proof of how bad Otland moderation really is, you really telling me Im protecting one of the biggest scammers we have encountered just because some people say he scammed them? You know what, I dont give a flying shit about Aurelion, Im not his friend nor am I assosiated with him, he did a great looking website for a good price for me, thats all I have said. He never scammed me and I think its important to put it out there for everyone to see. You legit sitting here "moderator" and calling someone a scammer just cuz some peps on the forums says so, has he scammed you? What proof do you have, Im not saying he is a good man or anything, Im just telling my side of the story.

Maybe go read an article about one sided stories and how dangerous they are.
Please, keep some standards as a moderator or use an alt for such bs replies.

Thanks thats it, sorry for sounding so aggressive but this reply just put me off. A "moderator"... Sheeeesh please dude dont ever reply to anything I ever post on this forum again.
Well, it's certainly proof of how little you think of us moderators that's for sure.
If you're curious how I know he's a scammer; it's because he actually admitted it to me on his previous account—and then asked me for a second chance. His previous account was also labeled as a known scammer, so he wanted a new start with a new account. Which I agreed to because he was being kind and it looked like he was reforming.

Also you do not enforce the rules here so you may not tell others who they can and cannot reply to. However, you may ignore me and you'll be fine (not sure if you are able to ignore moderators though).
If you want to be taken seriously perhaps you'd think about changing your attitude. Right now you're not really motivating me to reply to you at all in the future.

Stop banning people leading to multi accounts and no actual willingness to keep reputation when you for example banned me for
1. talking in discussion thread
2. posting solution or help without tags such as >[>CODE<]< for months of time as its kids play.

Let us have freedom of speech as well as freedom of code for this is open tibia is freedom of posting code instead of forum claiming every single thing with hosting files which are intellectual property of said individuals and making it hard to remove by imposing some rules that claim that once u post something u give ur right to your intellectual property being stolen mainly people want to take that back away is when u ban them for such stupid reasons.

whatll.PNG

. otland is behaving nearly as bad as United states of america with epstein and mcaffe at this point. we are all being $whackd for nothing else to be made example of you either give us all your code or you talk whatever you want and be banned otland is like a leech for source. while offering nothing but hatred and lack of help by its precedessors

@Kuzyn
tvnezxk1y4831.png

prejudiced = if someone r/=*ped my friend i wont believe them until they r/=*pe me.

Last edited:
Stop banning people leading to multi accounts and no actual willingness to keep reputation when you for example banned me for
1. talking in discussion thread
2. posting solution or help without tags such as >[>CODE<]< for months of time as its kids play.

Let us have freedom of speech as well as freedom of code for this is open tibia is freedom of posting code instead of forum claiming every single thing with hosting files which are intellectual property of said individuals and making it hard to remove by imposing some rules that claim that once u post something u give ur right to your intellectual property being stolen mainly people want to take that back away is when u ban them for such stupid reasons.

. otland is behaving nearly as bad as United states of america with epstein and mcaffe at this point. we are all being $whackd for nothing else to be made example of you either give us all your code or you talk whatever you want and be banned otland is like a leech for source. while offering nothing but hatred and lack of help by its precedessors

@Kuzyn

prejudiced = if someone r/=*ped my friend i wont believe them until they r/=*pe me.

Follow the rules and don't ignore warnings, what's so hard about that? The rules are there for a reason... duh. Wait actually let's just note it down, what other rules do you want to not be enforced? can I pick some? Wait... we should have a specific role for users who get to choose what the rules are and who gets to enforce them otherwise it could get messy, I'll call them admins and mods? Idk...

So aside from wanting to be a bad boy rule breaker without repercussion you also want to talk absolute nonsense about muh freedums or whatever? okay :D

Quick point about the code thingamajiggy. You're obviously not aware of the damage 'lost' code/contributions can do to a community, without getting in to too much details I can just simply and quite happily say that this kind of selfish practice of removing code/content over butthurt is coming to an end in more and more communities every year. Sure it will deter some people from contributing, but they are not people we want here, they are the people who like power and enjoy trying to abuse it and are slowly being replaced by people who actually contribute for non selfish reasons.

Quick point about the code thingamajiggy. You're obviously not aware of the damage 'lost' code/contributions can do to a community, without getting in to too much details I can just simply and quite happily say that this kind of selfish practice of removing code/content over butthurt is coming to an end in more and more communities every year. Sure it will deter some people from contributing, but they are not people we want here, they are the people who like power and enjoy trying to abuse it and are slowly being replaced by people who actually contribute for non selfish reasons.

Funny how you talk about contributing despite never posting any resource yourself. You asked this forum for help many times, never gave anything back, yet you have audacity to tell us about how posted resources should be treated. You're like communism supporters that haven't worked a single day in their lives.

Backing the code up is valuable, but claiming ownership over someone's posted resource is not ok. Many things were posted before this rule(?) was in place so the platform pretty much claimed ownership of users resources.

Claiming someone's resources is as greedy as hoarding them. Both of you are angry goblins sitting on their pile of gold.

You can close yourself in your little safe bubble and tell yourself the people will leave, but that doesn't mean that they will quit. When one platform is too restricting, people move to another. Have fun sitting on a pile of outdated resources.

Last edited:
Funny how you talk about contributing despite never posting any resource yourself. You asked this forum for help many times, never gave anything back, yet you have audacity to tell us about how posted resources should be treated. You're like communism supporters that haven't worked a single day in their lives.

Backing the code up is valuable, but claiming ownership over someone's posted resource is not ok. Many things were posted before this rule(?) was in place so the platform pretty much claimed ownership of users resources.

Claiming someone's resources is as greedy as hoarding them. Both of you are angry goblins sitting on their pile of gold.

You can close yourself in your little safe bubble and tell yourself the people will leave, but that doesn't mean that they will quit. When one platform is too restricting, people move to another. Have fun sitting on a pile of outdated resources.
You just ignore my contributions on purpose then yeah? Sure they're not amazing, but please don't ignore them just so you can form the weakest argument possible. I'm a noob, what more do you want me to contribute? Do I need to contribute before asking for help? Should I release my horrible codes that I can't support? What exactly do you want? Typical nonsense toxicity.

Yes these people will go to other platforms but like I already said, there's a general shift away from this behaviour and it's for the better. Your opinion on the matter is moot and people who like to use their contributions as an item of power are just sad. The community is better without those kinds of people and will be replaced. Otland is in a bad state already so it might never recover from the abuse but that only goes to show how harmful such attitudes are. Being spiteful and selfish because a forum won't let you be spiteful and selfish is everything we all need to know about these people.

You just ignore my contributions on purpose then yeah? Sure they're not amazing, but please don't ignore them just so you can form the weakest argument possible. I'm a noob, what more do you want me to contribute? Do I need to contribute before asking for help? Should I release my horrible codes that I can't support? What exactly do you want? Typical nonsense toxicity.

Yes these people will go to other platforms but like I already said, there's a general shift away from this behaviour and it's for the better. Your opinion on the matter is moot and people who like to use their contributions as an item of power are just sad. The community is better without those kinds of people and will be replaced. Otland is in a bad state already so it might never recover from the abuse but that only goes to show how harmful such attitudes are. Being spiteful and selfish because a forum won't let you be spiteful and selfish is everything we all need to know about these people.
By being bannable offenses I ment things that do not REALLY matter much if somenoe forgets to put >[COD>E] Tag in a post it shouldnt be preventing him from talking or helping for month because its doing more damage e.g people asked questions on forum but hey im banned i can not help them especially when I could answer their question instead of the support thread going into 20 messages and the OP getting nothing out of it and all of that just for some CODE tag. THE CODE was still there to copy it just was missing tag maybe it should be mod job to fix that and not outcry and ban someone over it but rather just put it there. it was for sure not worth a warning point simple notification would be sufficiend and fact it was done by mod init. even stupid plugin could put that code tag if its forgotten automatically cmon its not that hard to compare text to previous posts.

You just ignore my contributions on purpose then yeah?
No, I just went through your posting history and haven't seen a single release. Perhaps I overlooked something? Do you have a github account?

Yes these people will go to other platforms but like I already said, there's a general shift away from this behaviour and it's for the better.
Any statistics to support that claim?

Your opinion on the matter is moot and people who like to use their contributions as an item of power are just sad.
It's not about power. It's about content ownership. If we can't modify or remove our content, it isn't ours anymore. It was taken away from us against our will (speaking of content posted before that policy).

The community is better without those kinds of people and will be replaced.
Believe whatever you want to believe, but some people are irreplaceable and the community is dead without them.

Otland is in a bad state already
This just means that people responsible for maintaining it aren't doing their job properly. Has nothing to do with users attitude.

No, I just went through your posting history and haven't seen a single release. Perhaps I overlooked something? Do you have a github account?

Any statistics to support that claim?

It's not about power. It's about content ownership. If we can't modify or remove our content, it isn't ours anymore. It was taken away from us against our will (speaking of content posted before that policy).

Believe whatever you want to believe, but some people are irreplaceable and the community is dead without them.

This just means that people responsible for maintaining it aren't doing their job properly. Has nothing to do with users attitude.
Funny how I went from not giving anything back to not having posted any resources and now I don't have any releases. Really funny that as you browsed me your wording changed. It's ok, you can keep pretending I need to fulfil arbitrary 'contributions' to have a valid opinion whilst also claiming "Has nothing to do with users attitude." It's funny.

What kind of stats do you think exist? Find me the statistics that support your claim that it's not about power. (stupid question right? you can't hope to find me any) Instead take a look at probably the largest modding community in existence, Minecraft. Modders can not fully delete their mods on the most popular platforms yet somehow it manages to be incredibly successful. Nexus mods is next which offers a much wider platform. Plenty more examples.

You lose ownership the second your code or content is posted online without any way of protecting it in any meaningful way. Pretending it's about ownership is disingenuous. It's about power, why do you need absolute rights over your code being displayed where you chose to initially post it? So you can control it, control = power. You want to always have the power to remove it so you can be spiteful. There's a reason that people who actually care about ownership of their code don't post it anywhere, even privately. A good analogy would be secret recipes in the culinary world. One of the most powerful things you can do as an open contributor is accept and be at peace with your contribution becoming public and stop caring what happens to it afterwards.

You are correct, some people are irreplaceable, it's a shame they choose not to be better people. If they leave because they can't throw hissy fits and delete contributions willy nilly then good riddance. Horrible people. Cuddling up to toxic people just because they contribute is stupid.

It is my experience that most 'contributors' here are blind to why otland is in a bad state, your attitude for one is part of the reason, so of course you would claim it's nothing to do with users attitude.

You didn't answer my questions.

I don't know about Minecraft modding, but nexusmods allows removing your files. Also the "you lose ownership" part is wrong. Read what happens when you don't license your code on github (which allows you to delete your repo and gists too btw)

You didn't answer my questions.

I don't know about Minecraft modding, but nexusmods allows removing your files. Also the "you lose ownership" part is wrong. Read what happens when you don't license your code on github (which allows you to delete your repo and gists too btw)
Relax, you asked me 2 questions both of which are just nonsense and bear no relevance at all.

Nexus are in a transition phase, they will probably go all the way eventually. They just needed to let all the toxic 'contributors' have some time to cool down. They call it 'archiving'.

I don't mean legally losing ownership but you can stop pretending you don't know the implications of posting code online, it's a bit cringe. Again, just like secret culinary recipes.

Funny how I went from not giving anything back to not having posted any resources and now I don't have any releases. Really funny that as you browsed me your wording changed. It's ok, you can keep pretending I need to fulfil arbitrary 'contributions' to have a valid opinion whilst also claiming "Has nothing to do with users attitude." It's funny.

What kind of stats do you think exist? Find me the statistics that support your claim that it's not about power. (stupid question right? you can't hope to find me any) Instead take a look at probably the largest modding community in existence, Minecraft. Modders can not fully delete their mods on the most popular platforms yet somehow it manages to be incredibly successful. Nexus mods is next which offers a much wider platform. Plenty more examples.

You lose ownership the second your code or content is posted online without any way of protecting it in any meaningful way. Pretending it's about ownership is disingenuous. It's about power, why do you need absolute rights over your code being displayed where you chose to initially post it? So you can control it, control = power. You want to always have the power to remove it so you can be spiteful. There's a reason that people who actually care about ownership of their code don't post it anywhere, even privately. A good analogy would be secret recipes in the culinary world. One of the most powerful things you can do as an open contributor is accept and be at peace with your contribution becoming public and stop caring what happens to it afterwards.

You are correct, some people are irreplaceable, it's a shame they choose not to be better people. If they leave because they can't throw hissy fits and delete contributions willy nilly then good riddance. Horrible people. Cuddling up to toxic people just because they contribute is stupid.

It is my experience that most 'contributors' here are blind to why otland is in a bad state, your attitude for one is part of the reason, so of course you would claim it's nothing to do with users attitude.
Let me ask about something. As I deduced, your "contribution" is the "premium user" badge on your account? Or is there anything else?

Let me ask about something. As I deduced, your "contribution" is the "premium user" badge on your account? Or is there anything else?
I mean... you either don't know what "contribution" means or you lack the ability to deduce things past the level of lets say... a 3 year old?

Either way I can't help you, sorry :(

I mean... you either don't know what "contribution" means or you lack the ability to deduce things past the level of lets say... a 3 year old?

Either way I can't help you, sorry :(
Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back