• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint & [suggestion] more mods + 1 acc per IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul4soul

Intermediate OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
lately there is a ton of spam and junk posts all over the forum. i think we should promote 1-2 more people to global mod and then recruit 1-2 to fill their old positions.

too many ppl have 2++ accounts. this is really annoying they use the account to bump their threads. also many people use the second account to troll and spam. people should be able to behave enough to keep from getting a perm ban there should be no reason to make more then one account. so my suggestion if its possible is only allow there to be one account created per IP or something similar. Just implement something that could stop ppl from making several accounts.

Last edited:
my avatar isn't racist if that is what your suggesting. pride != racism. also your most likely someones second account 22posts since may 09.

I support this with 1 user per ip..

I hate when people create new users to flame/troll or w.e they want to do..

I have 2, this one and "RealSoft2" which I had while this one was banished some year ago.

Not signed #1_user_per_ip... Reason? Could lead to various problems. And, what do you tell me about lans? what would you do if you had a brother connected to the same internet?... I don't think the idea would work. But ye, more monitoring @ the bumps would do the trick, I think.

Also, If theres a need for new moderator i'm pretty sure Talaturen would recruit'em or simple open a Staff recruitment... So, I don't think it's needed to be suggested.

And why is this a complaint and not a suggestion?

my avatar isn't racist if that is what your suggesting. pride != racism. also your most likely someones second account 22posts since may 09.

That doesn't mean anything. Some people prefer being here to read instead of posting.

Last edited:
Well, since all reports get handeled pretty fast I just have to assume there ain't a huge need atm. If you want more cleaning, then simply report more. We can't read ALL threads on this board, I take care of reports + what I read and see, and I thinks thats the way most people here does it.

Having one account per IP, is stupid. Yes, people do make other accounts to spam and shit, but hey they don't have lives. Yes, the boards need more monitoring, but hey people like me don't report them.

As stian said, as long as we are able to handle all reports, it means that: there are enough moderators, and you don't use report function.
You should report everything that is inappropriate, even if you're not 100% sure about it (though don't spam on the other hand).
It guarantees that we will review that content.

Why do we need more mods?

You said that there are tons of spam, but no one is able to report it.

About 1 account per IP address I think it's stupid idea because this is a forum, and I haven't see any forum with this plugin.
Btw. there are always alternatives like proxy, and not anyone has a static IP.

Last edited:
1 account per IP won't work with NAT isps (ISP who don't give a IP per customer), schools, larger workplaces, you can be unlucky and get caought using the same netcafe, libery etc. The reason there are no mod for it is that there are no purpose to make it for 99.99% of the forums.

It will ban half of country like Poland, and randomly people who have dynamic IP.

I'am so proud, I got one account since I joined otland :) XD

Why do we need more mods?

You said that there are tons of spam, but no one is able to report it.

About 1 account per IP address I think it's stupid idea because this is a forum, and I haven't see any forum with this plugin.
Btw. there are always alternatives like proxy, and not anyone has a static IP.

1 account per IP won't work with NAT isps (ISP who don't give a IP per customer), schools, larger workplaces, you can be unlucky and get caought using the same netcafe, libery etc. The reason there are no mod for it is that there are no purpose to make it for 99.99% of the forums.

It will ban half of country like Poland, and randomly people who have dynamic IP.

i know but read the last sentence Just implement something that could stop ppl from making several accounts. idk if there is any other way to do it.

just close the thread..btw i want 2 minutes of my life back -.-

Limiting accounts from IP is pretty stupid. It would easily be bypassed and rendered useless moments of it implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back