• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Summon spell

Alaa Adel

Basic Mapper
Reaction score
Hello :)
can someone tell me how to make a spell that summons 3 monsters without params and stuff... just when i say the spell it summons some number of monsters... that will be cool.

Should these monsters be summons like the ones you create with utevo res? Or monsters that attack you and you can get exp and loot from?
What kind of monsters, like 3 dragons or random 3 different monsters?
If the monsters are summons, should they stay like utevo res or go away after a while?
Should there be a cooldown on the spell or a check if the monsters are still there?

Yes, i want them like utevo res and 3 same monsters... and i want to a have a check and if the monsters are gone, we shall wait 30 seconds.
i would like that.

Code:
function onCastSpell(cid, var)
     if #getCreatureSummons(cid) < 1 then
         for x = 1, 3 do
             m = doSummonCreature("Dragon", getThingPos(cid))
             doConvinceCreature(cid, m)
         end
         doSendMagicEffect(getThingPos(cid), CONST_ME_MAGIC_BLUE)
     else
         doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "You already summoned monsters.")
         doSendMagicEffect(getThingPos(cid), CONST_ME_POFF)
         return false
     end
     return true
end

Oh really? Hmmm... I'm not pretty sure but I've checked the utevo res's xml code and I discovered that there is no script... it only says function:summon or somethin' like that I've just noticed that but I'll just do it like any other spell with script system.
btw,Limos thank you and I didn't find someone who respond at all the posts and active all day and all his scripts are working and very useful! Keep the good work.
And im sorry if I ask alot of questions xD im just a beginner, sorry :D

the spell... i say the words like its a normal word and nothing happens.
Did you test it before?
maybe try to test it and if it works ,you can give me the whole codes.

local combat = createCombatObject()
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_TYPE, COMBAT_NONE)
setCombatParam(combat, COMBAT_PARAM_EFFECT, CONST_ME_MORTAREA)
setCombatFormula(combat, COMBAT_FORMULA_LEVELMAGIC, 0, 0, 0, 0)

local area = createCombatArea(AREA_CIRCLE3X3)
setCombatArea(combat, area)

local maxsumons = 2

function onCastSpell(cid, var)
local summoncount = getCreatureSummons(cid)
if #summoncount < 2 then
for i = 1, maxsumons - #summoncount do
doSummonMonster(cid, "Undead Gladiator")
end
end
return doCombat(cid, combat, var)
end

That is not what I posted, the function doSummonMonster is from Crying Damson, it doesn't exist in Mystic Spirit.
Post errors from the script I posted if you get them.

i know i tryed to use another script and it didn't work and also yours didn't work (i re-tested yours)
i think you should post your xml code.

Code:
  <instant group="support" spellid="6" name="Summon" words="utevo dragon" lvl="10" mana="100" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="support/summon.lua">
     <vocation name="Sorcerer"/>
     <vocation name="Druid"/>
     <vocation name="Master Sorcerer"/>
     <vocation name="Elder Druid"/>
   </instant>

It doesn't really matter, as long as it has no stuff from attack spells.

Oh! it works fine when im using it with an admin account, when im using a normal player i summon the monsters and they attack me.
any help?

You can make the monster convinceable in the xml of the monster.
If the monster you are using for this script is also a wild monster that should not be convinceable, you can copy the monster, give it a different name in monsters.xml and the file of the monster.

Back