• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Solved Summon with corpse

arthuraio

Reaction score
Hello community, here I am again with a headache problem.

Well... It's not a problem, it's just something I don't like.

I'm from a time that summoned monsters used to die normally but without any loot. Now monsters just vanish with a smoke like "naruto" . I want to change it back to leave a corpse on death without loot. I'm with the source here and I have no problem compiling it. Can someone with C++ knoledge tell me where to change that in the source?

P.S: I'm using TFS 1.0

Thanks

Last edited:
Releasing the master will make the monster give exp and drop loot, won't it? Doing that way will give more headache to clean the loot.
well I only know how to operate with LUA and never needed something like that, so coming up with solutions from top of my head what I would do when I need it right now.
You should test does it give EXP or not.
to clean loot, just use for loop and delete everything he finds in corpse.

if creature is summon = true then
createitem(monsterCorpse(deathlist)

It's obviously not that, it's just an idea to change the "poff" rule that is hidden somewhere in the source. Do you have any clue?
Well you can try.
if isSummon(cid) then
corpse = monsterType(cid):getCorpseId() --never used monsterType before, not sure does it want cid
pos = Monster(cid):getPosition()
Game.createItem(corpse, pos)
end

well I only know how to operate with LUA and never needed something like that, so coming up with solutions from top of my head what I would do when I need it right now.
You should test does it give EXP or not.
to clean loot, just use for loop and delete everything he finds in corpse.

Well you can try.
if isSummon(cid) then
corpse = monsterType(cid):getCorpseId() --never used monsterType before, not sure does it want cid
pos = Monster(cid):getPosition()
Game.createItem(corpse, pos)
end

Thank you very much for your help, but @Ninja already said where the rule is located, now I have to work on that rule to find a way to make it leave a corpse without loot... Here, I will rep+ you for not giving up on my ignorance.

easy, create a monster visualy similar to the monster you want but without loot and kill that instead after releasing him from him's master.

Also, to alter the algorithm you can, for example, add 10000 to the monster id, and then, the 100XY (being XY the numbers of the monster id) will be the "visual clone" summoned in the moment of dead who seem equals, it is call equals for players, but doesn't have any loot

Tell me how it goes
;)

¡Cheers!
(y) (y)

Pretty much as I said :p
On my phone atm so would not be fun to write any code from here.
Post the code and then the errors, either I or someone else will help you.

Pretty much as I said :p
On my phone atm so would not be fun to write any code from here.
Post the code and then the errors, either I or someone else will help you.

Code:
if (!lootDrop && getMonster()) {
        if (master) {
            //scripting event - onDeath
            const CreatureEventList& deathEvents = getCreatureEvents(CREATURE_EVENT_DEATH);
            for (CreatureEvent* deathEvent : deathEvents) {
                deathEvent->executeOnDeath(this, corpse, _lastHitCreature, mostDamageCreature, lastHitUnjustified, mostDamageUnjustified);
            }
        }

Code:
Error    1    error C2065: 'corpse' : undeclared identifier    C:\Source-10.76-TFS-1.0-master\src\creature.cpp    731    1    theforgottenserver
made it to 1 error now.. =(

since they are summoned from "nowhere", they should go back to "nowhere" when dying :p:D:D:D:D, cip made them to disappear because of reasons like: to stop skinning in summon corpses (because they are too lazy to fix it in other way lol), etc

YEAH!!!!!!! FFS, made it work on my 8th try... Headache, Headache, Headache! But now my server summons dies and don't drop anything, that's sooo RPG!

Thx guys! o/

Can you post your code with the solution?

I really like your idea and I would like to try to implement it on TFS 1.2.

Back