• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Support Section annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
i find this thread boring

how come once i open a thread in this board it's closed instantly, but other shit ain't? i think this is racism... if i created this thread it would already have been closed!

Maybe because this is a global problem and can be solved/discussed with experienced people.

If you are new to this phenomenom than you wouldn't understand it, which is not your fault.

This ain't some "sh*t" and obviously thread closing has nothing to do with racism.

Nothing would have changed if you created a thread like this which is about a global problem every community experiences once in a while.

Even the moderators could confirm that, I guess.

While I agree I hate Otland being 80% noobs asking for help for their rlmap download and run server they are hosting on a laptop... I also acknowledge there will be nothing done about it cause...well its more users and posts for the Forum and what admin is going to jeopardize that?

Maybe because this is a global problem and can be solved/discussed with experienced people.

If you are new to this phenomenom than you wouldn't understand it, which is not your fault.

This ain't some "sh*t" and obviously thread closing has nothing to do with racism.

Nothing would have changed if you created a thread like this which is about a global problem every community experiences once in a while.

Even the moderators could confirm that, I guess.

It would. Because once I create a thread they will call me a troller and close it.

To avoid confusion, I am Alindane :huh:

phenonoenameomen

To avoid confusion, I am Alindane huh:

Then you should understand that, especially you!
You've been active at the OT communities for ages, did you never think "Just close this [HALP! PLX! REP!] thread." ?
Did you just turned away and ignored it?

Edit: By the way, you're back? ^_^

Im jealous of cykotitan because I don't have as much time as he does =[

Btw, support section sucks, but is not because of that...

But for sure in the past it wasn't that bad then nowadays since more and more people are using that kind of asking since we got people who helps in every thread.
In the past Otland wasn't that nooby then right now :D

If a thread is directed to cykotitan only, then we should be happy that we don't have to help xD
Let's if hou would survive supporting all noobs...

If he wants to help the noobs let em help. I just don't like to help em cause

1. They are only grateful when you do things for them
2. They won't learn for themselves
3. Them giving you rep means nothing cause they got 0 power. (black square plz?)
4. No moar xml?!?!? no gtfo.

If he wants to help the noobs let em help. I things for them

3. Them giving you rep means nothing cause they got 0 power. (black square plz?)

You should help people for more reasons other then just rep, but thats just imo.

But to complete the thought, it would be pointless.
10 minutes later the "improper threadname starter" would call for help again.
And that continues until the community completely fixed all bugs so the
"unexperienced" person just need to click on "start".
AND THAT CAN'T LAST FOREVER!

If someone wants to open an OTServer then he shall learn how to freaking handle it!
We all started off with nearly zero knowledge and we made it far.

Another suggestion would be (for the download section):
A test consisting of 10 questions (out of ~100)
If the user can't answer 8/10 then he simply can't download the server files.

He would have to "learn" how to do it correctly (relinking to tutorials).

Sidenote:
That's a dumb idea but atleast I'm thinking and I refuse to accept that
nearly everyone else who posted on this thread has no idea how to solve that!

Shame on you! :mad:
'Nuff said!

You should help people for more reasons other then just rep, but thats just imo.

You missed the point I'm trying to make, most noobs include in their thread. "Will Rep for help!?!!"

And for what other reasons? Theres no reason to help other than me wanting to help. Me helping depends on three things.

1. Me liking the person

2. Me knowing the answer

3. If it takes little to no effort to post the answer.

@up, I support a variety of those ideas. Not that one in particular, but something of the sort.

I dont think support section is annoying. I think it's good.

BUT! I think pokemon thread is fucking annoying, everytime I login

I see "POKEMON ONLINE"..

Might be but still its disgusting how people direct threads to a special person....But they could PM that special persons instead of making a thread about it, it only makes trash :D
i disabled pms because way too much people need support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back