• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Support Section annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jealous? ^_^

I am to be honest, but this isn't about Cyko him/her/itself.

The fact remains that 80% of the people which are hosting (atleast, they think they "know" what hosting means) an OTServer have absolutely no clue what they are doing.
The easiest solution for them is to spam on forums "PLX HALP! FIX!".

- They won't read the stickies "how to ask for help the right way"
- They won't use the search function ("Noone had the same problem!I'M UNIQUEZ")
- They will dissappear as soon as noone answers them in the next 48 hours.

It's like you said, annoying.
But the moderators can't just simply close/delete every thread which isn't spelled correctly, or deal with the huge mass of "lazy" wannaBes.
Their hands are tied, that's the sad truth.

But yeah, welcome to the never ending fall of open tibia ;)

The guy sad cyko help me becouse hes the "only" good supporter that I know that isen't an mod, dev.

Dear Admins,
currently I see many disgusting things on Otland.net. Although it's a nice great community with alot of help and and and..., I recognized that more and more people are going to use such headings like 'Cyokitan help me' or something like that. Actually it's nice that he is so active and help them but they shouldn't do such threads since it might get annoying for some people (like me). I'm too lazy to report such kind of threads since in my eyes its worthless.

Just keep this thread open to open a discussion. Maybe some arguments will change my mind. Who knows.

Welcome to Otland.

Jealous? ^_^

I am to be honest, but this isn't about Cyko him/her/itself.

The fact remains that 80% of the people which are hosting (atleast, they think they "know" what hosting means) an OTServer have absolutely no clue what they are doing.
The easiest solution for them is to spam on forums "PLX HALP! FIX!".

- They won't read the stickies "how to ask for help the right way"
- They won't use the search function ("Noone had the same problem!I'M UNIQUEZ")
- They will dissappear as soon as noone answers them in the next 48 hours.

It's like you said, annoying.
But the moderators can't just simply close/delete every thread which isn't spelled correctly, or deal with the huge mass of "lazy" wannaBes.
Their hands are tied, that's the sad truth.

But yeah, welcome to the never ending fall of open tibia ;)

I ain't jealous but its true what you say aswell that Moderators can't close such threads. But somehow I think one day there will be a solution maybe? xd

i only seen 2 posts with his name :eek: it's funny actually cuz then i have a reason not to help :rolleyes:

i only seen 2 posts with his name :eek: it's funny actually cuz then i have a reason not to help :rolleyes:

Yes but since it's an Open Community, people should respect that there are also other people who could help. Somehow its discrimination since its obvious that Cyokitan will help and people want 'fast help'....

I'm not whining by the way. It's just getting boring that people can't make a correct thread name. Also more and more people will do it for sure since people think 'It might Help'..Maybe open a section for Cyokitan??? Cyokitan Support? XD

Yes but since it's an Open Community, people should respect that there are also other people who could help. Somehow its discrimination since its obvious that Cyokitan will help and people want 'fast help'....

I'm not whining by the way. It's just getting boring that people can't make a correct thread name. Also more and more people will do it for sure since people think 'It might Help'..Maybe open a section for Cyokitan??? Cyokitan Support? XD

And what you propose? a machine which change their minds thru internet? Sorry, Not possible.

They are mainly persons which log-in only to get HELP (Like in this case) or just to download TFS, in other words LEECHERS, So in my eyes there is nothing to do.

Also thread tittle is always a problem on every big forum, not only otland.

To add some more cents:

I do appreciate that Cyko (sorry for not spelling your full name) handles
most of the cases, because of 2 reasons:

I do learn sometimes from his/her scripts.
I don't have to to lose my calm for the "leechers" stupidity.

Maybe someone might write a suggestion how to solve this problem?
It's a discussion, even the dumbest ideas leads to success sometimes.

I'd say you have to read the stickies first, before you can post in the
Help section, not only LUA&XML but also C++/C# and so on.
If every new user reads the stickies first and posts a shitty threadname afterwards he CAN BE punished (infraction/warning/ban), because he had
to read "how to do it the right way".
There's no excuse left then and the mod's hands are free.

Just a suggestion :D

I'd say you have to read the stickies first, before you can post in the
Help section, not only LUA&XML but also C++/C# and so on.
If every new user reads the stickies first and posts a shitty threadname afterwards he CAN BE punished (infraction/warning/ban), because he had
to read "how to do it the right way".
There's no excuse left then and the mod's hands are free.

Thats a dumb idea.

First:
You did accept the rules as 'TERMS OF USE' of your account, and OBS you had to 'ACCEPT' them before making your account, in this case almost nobody read those rules and the same will happen with the idea you gave about the stickies, they will just go STR8 down to 'Yes i have read this, continue READING.'.

Second:
Otland will lose users, only LEECHERS but yeh.

Third:
Do you really think a leecher will care about an infraction or a banishment? come on, they don't give a fuck about the forum, they could just make another account and continue asking for help etc, and if the mod continue banning him, he will probb end up quitting.

@Down:
Thats exactly what i tried to mean on my post above.

Last edited:
I feel if ya are annoyed with support section avoid it as for people who actually request help and give help use it simple solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back