• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

SURVEY: For 8.6 players only!

Why do you play 8.6 servers?

• To feel nostalgic

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Allows ElfBot use

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Hard to download later clients

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • other reasons (post in thread)

Votes: 13 31.7%

• Total voters

Evan

A splendid one to behold
Senator
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
I know there are theories out there on why people play 8.6 and some are more plausible than others.
To get unbiased results, I ONLY want opinions from players who explicitly 8.6 servers.

In addition to the poll votes, please answer the following questionnaire (you can copy, paste, and fill out):
1. Would you download Tibia clients to play later versions if the download link was easily available?

2. Would you play later versions if there was a bot freely available for it?

3. What are your concerns with later versions?

Common concerns about later clients:
  • Cooldowns
    • Cooldowns can be deactivated with ease by the developer of the server.
    • Not all servers have cooldowns
  • Mounts
    • You don't have to ride a mount
  • PVP System
    • The latest PVP system has not been implemented in TFS 1.0+ and probably never will
    • The PVP system in later clients will most likely be the same as 8.6 PVP system

What about people starting servers? From my experience it's much easier to get a 0.4 server up and running with lots of cool stuff since there's so much stuff released for it. Maybe there's some kewl stuff for tfs 1.1 and 1.0 but there wasn't much at all when I tried to get a server up a couple of months ago. So I can understand that there's maybe a couple of people out there that wants to make a server with new versions but then again they're stuck to 10.41 so instead they just decide to go with 8.6

What about people starting servers? From my experience it's much easier to get a 0.4 server up and running with lots of cool stuff since there's so much stuff released for it. Maybe there's some kewl stuff for tfs 1.1 and 1.0 but there wasn't much at all when I tried to get a server up a couple of months ago.

That could be another debate that I'm willing to discuss with. I'm just trying to find why players prefer to play 8.6 servers over later versions.
I think the reason why people make 8.6 servers is because there's a large amount of players playing 8.6 servers.

From what I know, 0.4 can support up to 9.6, right? Why don't you make a 9.6 server? Why wouldn't you pick 9.6 over 8.6?

About 90% of the people who play 8.6 would say it's because of elfbot. The owners, however, probably are sticking with 8.6 because it "seems" to be the most popular at the moment. That's just my opinion though.. I could be wrong ;) haha

Summary: Elfbot & Popularity

About 90% of the people who play 8.6 would say it's because of elfbot. The owners, however, probably are sticking with 8.6 because it "seems" to be the most popular at the moment. That's just my opinion though.. I could be wrong ;) haha

Summary: Elfbot & Popularity

I believe you are correct with the idea of people making 8.6 servers because it's the most popular, but I'm just trying to get unbiased reasons on why it's so popular. I think it's ElfBot too, but who knows? Maybe there are other reasons and I'm hoping they'll be posted here. A pressing question I have is, would a free bot for later clients change their Tibia version preference?

If im making a server id either go with the latest or 8.6.
The latest versions you can always do more on, and I hate the old lua environment.
But just look at 8.6 rlmap servers using coming soon, ferana, ethania etc. Within 1-2h they get 1000 players and that will make that server fun to play, fast to lvl then you start to war.

As a player it also depends, but either a 10.41 server with all the client has to offer except cooldown.
The thing about mounts is just weird, who complains about that? It's like I would say "I don't like AK47 so I don't play CS"..
Its the things that changes major things in the game that makes it better / worse.

And just look at the 10.x servers, they all have botting players.. The bots that are out there for 10.41 have been cracked a long time.
So saying elfbot is the only reason 8.6 is still on the "market" is just a huge lie.

Well, I can only talk for me.
I guess it haves much to do with the unbelievable amount of scripts that is already existing on this forum for 8.6.
It's easy to create a 8.6 server, since you find everything you need here on the forum.
I think that's one of the things, which makes it so popular.
It's also known that you can use different bots, we all know that botting in tibia is pretty popular, but I don't think it's the main reason why people are playing 8.6 (because you could also bot in any higher version lol)
Maybe it's also because there are so many weird sprites in the newer versions, looks really unrealistic sometimes (and it's eye hurting).

Well, I can only talk for me.
I guess it haves much to do with the unbelievable amount of scripts that is already existing on this forum for 8.6.
It's easy to create a 8.6 server, since you find everything you need here on the forum.
I think that's one of the things, which makes it so popular.
It's also known that you can use different bots, we all know that botting in tibia is pretty popular, but I don't think it's the main reason why people are playing 8.6 (because you could also bot in any higher version lol)
Maybe it's also because there are so many weird sprites in the newer versions, looks really unrealistic sometimes (and it's eye hurting).

Tried to do warzones and find the way there? :p
Imposible to not walk into the mountain down there xD

I don't prefer 8.6 Servers, but I mostly play them due to the lack of players in other versions.

It's sad that in the year 2015, people still don't download custom clients that are mere megabytes in size. Whether it be out of stupidity or paranoia, it severely limits the OT community. Not only that, MOST people don't want to actually
use their brain and learn a new server, they want something familiar but a new chance to be the best. It's why servers constantly reset that are focused around PvP; it's a race to the top. The botting thing is just icing on the cake. People want to show their superiority over others, and will do anything for it. (Like use the readily available Elf Bot)

I would be fine with custom servers on 8.6 (Like DeathZot), but the whole reason a server like DeathZot can exist is because it is on 8.6 and people love to bot.

maybe cuz tfs 1.x is hard for scripting system :) also most of scripts are made for 0.3 or 0.4
so they won't waste their time to use 1.x

maybe second reason cuz their is no good datapack for tfs 1.x and they lack servers and u can find lots of 8.60 datapacks or lower versions that can work with 8.60 <3

maybe third reason cuz most of ots maker are kids , run + win money then close the server xD

@EvilSkillz

This thread isn't intended to be about server development.
I'm looking for reasons why people PLAY 8.6 servers, not why people MAKE 8.6 servers.

Didn't read through other opinions, but personally I just feel like there's way too much shit features in the newer version that are just really useless and bring up too much spam on the screen.

just to see this:

157741_tibia1.jpg

Last edited:
I believe you are correct with the idea of people making 8.6 servers because it's the most popular, but I'm just trying to get unbiased reasons on why it's so popular. I think it's ElfBot too, but who knows? Maybe there are other reasons and I'm hoping they'll be posted here. A pressing question I have is, would a free bot for later clients change their Tibia version preference?

If the free bot got decently popular and "easy to use" then yes. However, every client would be full of botters then.. Not just mainly 8.6 :p

Who knows though.. I just think it's because of elfbot which makes more players play 8.6 which in return makes 8.6 more popular so more developers create 8.6 servers. If elfbot was updated to the newer versions or a new free bot was made I guarantee there would be a boost in players in the newer versions. Again, just my opinion though! ;)

most of the ots 8.6 are rl map without real custom things and people still complain about scripts etc.

last version -> same pvp, mounts, new monsters, new areas and you can use magebot. you dont like something in 10.41? just edit it

just my opinion and sry for not following your thread instructions

Back