• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden]~~10.76 ~~Eternia~~Low Rate Real Map~~Non-PvP~~

Guys, this is what is community for.
We (people who post their scripts) gave you examples and we DO want you to use them and learn ot scripting from them.
If something is posted against author's will, it gets deleted from otland quickly (in most cases) so don't mind those crybabies who say "you used a script from otland without even changing anything".
One day you might join us and post your own scripts (or not). Of course we don't demand anything from you (except for respecting each other).

We have added 2 new hunting places!

• New cave under Yalahar Dragon Lair
  • Hero Fortess in Stonehome.

Guys, this is what is community for.
We (people who post their scripts) gave you examples and we DO want you to use them and learn ot scripting from them.
If something is posted against author's will, it gets deleted from otland quickly (in most cases) so don't mind those crybabies who say "you used a script from otland without even changing anything".
One day you might join us and post your own scripts (or not). Of course we don't demand anything from you (except for respecting each other).

any good place where to learn how to make lua scripts except from reading and trying to understand them?, it's not hard to edit them, but i'm not able to make anything complicated by myself yet and want to learn how to.. xD

any good place where to learn how to make lua scripts except from reading and trying to understand them?, it's not hard to edit them, but i'm not able to make anything complicated by myself yet and want to learn how to.. xD

Check list of functions and some non ot related lua documentation very often.
It's not a shame not knowing everything by heart.
Console will tell you which line has something wrong. Read it before asking for help and try to fix it yourself first.
Learn to copy/rewrite features/ways things work from other scripts.

I'm not superior in any way (there are better lua scripters than me). What made me experienced is working with lua scripts for a long time(I do scripts since 2005) and never fulfilled dream of making a good custom server.

Back