• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden][8.6] The Nordic Empire- High exp RPG

I really hate donations. They ruin 98% of all servers because most people think they need to use items to earn money.

Instead of money you could add a premium system that gives you:

+10% EXP when hunting in party
-25% exp loss when you die
A private 1x depot on your house

There are plenty of more things you could add to a premium accound, that will make people want prem really bad, but not making it unbalanced for people who don't purchase it.

Anyway, that's too late now as people already bought stuff.

To my real question:

Are donation items still OP? The attack damage of axe, sword and club was slightly above 240. What is the attack damage of the average high level weapon? (avergage) not best.
And what is the atk damage of the best weapon (non donated)?

I'm trying to find a server like this for me and my friends. The server sounds great but no matter how great a server is, op donations is not worth it.

I'd love some feedback from the community who also dislike donations.

-- Edit : Is it a "UE SPAM" OT?.. I mean, walking around spamming manarune/potion and ues in wars and exping? questing? Or do people use runes, etc, when hunting, pvping?

Last edited:
I really hate donations. They ruin 98% of all servers because most people think they need to use items to earn money.

Instead of money you could add a premium system that gives you:

+10% EXP when hunting in party
-25% exp loss when you die
A private 1x depot on your house

There are plenty of more things you could add to a premium accound, that will make people want prem really bad, but not making it unbalanced for people who don't purchase it.

Anyway, that's too late now as people already bought stuff.

To my real question:

Are donation items still OP? The attack damage of axe, sword and club was slightly above 240. What is the attack damage of the average high level weapon? (avergage) not best.
And what is the atk damage of the best weapon (non donated)?

I'm trying to find a server like this for me and my friends. The server sounds great but no matter how great a server is, op donations is not worth it.

I'd love some feedback from the community who also dislike donations.

-- Edit : Is it a "UE SPAM" OT?.. I mean, walking around spamming manarune/potion and ues in wars and exping? questing? Or do people use runes, etc, when hunting, pvping?

The fact is, all the servers are doing it, so somehow it makes it easier to use donations. Also since I am using a dedicated server I am dependant on getting donations to cover for the server.

It depends what you meen as OP. There are possibilites to get items ingame aswell, using physical weapon upgraders you can easily achieve 220~ atk damage with a nondonate item. Since I am not home at the moment I cant check the highest nondonation weapon atk damage, will do when I get home though.

I would not state that this is a "UE SPAM" ot, the server is however based alot on skill, the spells used can be hard to use, but if you use them correctly they are very deadly. The runes are balanced and there are no potions being used on the server since the system is based on exhaust on the runes.

Sincerely, Satho.

The fact is, all the servers are doing it, so somehow it makes it easier to use donations. Also since I am using a dedicated server I am dependant on getting donations to cover for the server.

It depends what you meen as OP. There are possibilites to get items ingame aswell, using physical weapon upgraders you can easily achieve 220~ atk damage with a nondonate item. Since I am not home at the moment I cant check the highest nondonation weapon atk damage, will do when I get home though.

I would not state that this is a "UE SPAM" ot, the server is however based alot on skill, the spells used can be hard to use, but if you use them correctly they are very deadly. The runes are balanced and there are no potions being used on the server since the system is based on exhaust on the runes.

Sincerely, Satho.

But donated weapons can be upgraded aswell I suppose? So if you add weapon damage to see a non donated atk damage you have to do the same with the donated item to be able to make a logical conclusion on how much they differ. So lets just skip the upgrades and go directly to the weapon to make it easier.

Please do so, I'd love to know both the highest atk damage on a i.e axe (non donated) and the average axe that most average level players use. And honesty is greatly appreciated. You don't have to do it for only me and my crew, but for other people which I'm sure there are alot, who go to the comments to get more detailed information on the server and see one of the first posts is complaining greatly on donations. If you want to prove them wrong you have to give us the facts so that we ourselves can check them out. A few attack damage examples would make that very easy.

I figured you were using a dedicated server, that's why I recommended another type of donation system that would definetely earn you those sums and more without giving donators more damage than the rest. Only a softer, more enjoyable play style. Which everybody wants. You could even add this premium into a rose. So that people can buy a rose, use it (to get premium) or buy it, and sell it to other players for in-game money. That way you would (in the end) get premium money from almost every players, just that some players buy 5x roses just to sell to 5 players that use in-game money. I doub't you would lose any money this way, you would probably just earn more. And for the people who already bought items, you could replace those items with premium roses.

I'm just trying to help you grow the server in population, because I know there are a huge community out there that really dislikes donation items. But are okay with premiums because they got brain enough to realize you need money to both keep you, and the host happy.

Remember that, I'm really interested in this server, and all that my interest is here; is to increase the population and remove the one bad thing about this server which you seen other people complain about aswell. It is true that most servers use donation items, but do you want to be one in the flock, or actually make that speciall server that has that huge amounts of players that don't need to spend irl cash on an OT. Instead they pay those rich p12 kids out there to buy premium roses for them.

good luck

But donated weapons can be upgraded aswell I suppose? So if you add weapon damage to see a non donated atk damage you have to do the same with the donated item to be able to make a logical conclusion on how much they differ. So lets just skip the upgrades and go directly to the weapon to make it easier.

Please do so, I'd love to know both the highest atk damage on a i.e axe (non donated) and the average axe that most average level players use. And honesty is greatly appreciated. You don't have to do it for only me and my crew, but for other people which I'm sure there are alot, who go to the comments to get more detailed information on the server and see one of the first posts is complaining greatly on donations. If you want to prove them wrong you have to give us the facts so that we ourselves can check them out. A few attack damage examples would make that very easy.

I figured you were using a dedicated server, that's why I recommended another type of donation system that would definetely earn you those sums and more without giving donators more damage than the rest. Only a softer, more enjoyable play style. Which everybody wants. You could even add this premium into a rose. So that people can buy a rose, use it (to get premium) or buy it, and sell it to other players for in-game money. That way you would (in the end) get premium money from almost every players, just that some players buy 5x roses just to sell to 5 players that use in-game money. I doub't you would lose any money this way, you would probably just earn more. And for the people who already bought items, you could replace those items with premium roses.

I'm just trying to help you grow the server in population, because I know there are a huge community out there that really dislikes donation items. But are okay with premiums because they got brain enough to realize you need money to both keep you, and the host happy.

Remember that, I'm really interested in this server, and all that my interest is here; is to increase the population and remove the one bad thing about this server which you seen other people complain about aswell. It is true that most servers use donation items, but do you want to be one in the flock, or actually make that speciall server that has that huge amounts of players that don't need to spend irl cash on an OT. Instead they pay those rich p12 kids out there to buy premium roses for them.

good luck

I do indeed agree with all this you are saying, it is on the other hand hard to change all of this at once, so if it would happen I would have to gradually do it, to not upset people who have bought donation items.
Anyway I looked up the difference of highest nondonation item and the difference between them is about 50 atk.

You see zaoan halberd (Atk:243, Def:49).
It weighs 87.00 oz.
vs
You see a hammer of prophecy (Atk:192, Def:17).
It can only be wielded properly by players of level 300 or higher.
It weighs 41.00 oz.

Maybe you should try out the server and we can talk some more ingame?
Sincerely, Admin Satho.

I do indeed agree with all this you are saying, it is on the other hand hard to change all of this at once, so if it would happen I would have to gradually do it, to not upset people who have bought donation items.
Anyway I looked up the difference of highest nondonation item and the difference between them is about 50 atk.

You see zaoan halberd (Atk:243, Def:49).
It weighs 87.00 oz.
vs
You see a hammer of prophecy (Atk:192, Def:17).
It can only be wielded properly by players of level 300 or higher.
It weighs 41.00 oz.

Maybe you should try out the server and we can talk some more ingame?
Sincerely, Admin Satho.

I'll give it a go, it seems to be well-made and according to the community the quests seems fun. It's good that you have a positive attitude to feedback from players. It'll go far if you keep that attitude going. I know what I just suggested can take some time to develope, and not be done at once, but once it's done I think the player base will increase, along with happy players who doesn't complain about donation items. Goodluck in whatever you do, maybe I see you in-game!

Why shouldn't every server make like Red? He made donations, yeah! But he also made a powerful items and other items that has more power than donations as obtain-able or very rare to find in any monster, A friend of me clicked on a statue at Cyntara OT, and he found a spellbook of arcania, and the statue disappeared, It's really an awesome OT, I hope every server does like it.! I can really say BRAVO! to Red.

I've played the ot for a few hours and I'm now lvl 450. Something fun was the fotball event. I'm sure Satho knows what I mean - lulz -

A couple of questions tho!

Spells.

My spell (Exevo wave) that I got in lvl 250, is better than my spell that I had to do a quest to get (at lvl 400): exevo mas flam.

The lvl 250 spell does alot more damage. In 4 different elemtents tho. So if, my target is irrestible against 3 of those elemtents; that spell sure suck and my lvl 400 spell would be better because it only has 1 element (fire).
But then again they may aswell be irrestable against fire.

My point being; Perhaps you could look over the spell damages?

Another thing:

Vocations. A paladin seems to do exactly as much damage as a mage. Yet they are harder to kill. This is my experience in pvp, I'm not 100% sure of this yet, but that's how it seems to be. Maybe take a look into that aswell. Someone harder to kill should deal less damage.

That's my feedback for today, I hope the rest of the community can join in and agree or disagree to my points here.

The server is fun tho!

Bump - Server will be updates this weekend so all current bugs will be fixed and new hunt spots etc.

Back