• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Sweden] [Custom] - Therran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server Website/AAC
https://therran.net
Server Address
therran.net
Server Port
Client Protocol
finally, i hope that game will super ! cuz many system are looking interesting !
Post automatically merged:

COME JOINNN !!!

Last edited:
Will check it out.

client looks epic :) well done

The server will start in about 10 minutes. If you want to try it, soon you can! :)
Mu3PaiH.png

my client always got crashed why ??

This is quite frankly the worst start I've ever experienced and trust me I played some fucked up servers before. Client issues aside (constant crashes + the fact that the client for some bizarre reason needs like 10 seconds to recalculate every single file after each restart which only adds to frustration) the UX is just really really bad. Like some of the very basic things you'd expect from ot client (like battle list) are only accessible through options, you log in with nothing, not even a bag... I gave up after 5 minutes of trying to move from temple, constantly crashing and fighting with client. This is nothing like the good old 8ware I remember

Edit: Launch was a nightmare. However, they addressed the issues fast. After spending 4-5 hours online. already found some friends and been teamhunting at some fun and exciting spawns. I'm not a huge fan of the skill point system but I am used to the normal.

Keep up the good work. Look forward to seeing what the future holds for this server.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have installed the launcher from an old setup.msi. The launcher you have is looking for downloadable files in the wrong place. Download the new setup.msi and reinstall the client. The bug with the client crash has been fixed.

Download setup.msi here

This is quite frankly the worst start I've ever experienced and trust me I played some fucked up servers before. Client issues aside (constant crashes + the fact that the client for some bizarre reason needs like 10 seconds to recalculate every single file after each restart which only adds to frustration) the UX is just really really bad. Like some of the very basic things you'd expect from ot client (like battle list) are only accessible through options, you log in with nothing, not even a bag... I gave up after 5 minutes of trying to move from temple, constantly crashing and fighting with client. This is nothing like the good old 8ware I remember
I have definitely had worse starts, luckily you're not paying a premium account or whatnot. That being said past the initial hiccup, I'm having a blast so far.
You should give it another go outside the initial rush of the first hour or so.

I do agree some things aren't 100% perfect, but it is what it is. The pro's far outweigh the cons.

This is quite frankly the worst start I've ever experienced
I think you are exaggerating with this one, propably too much emotions. The server that has stable big playerbase, runs nearly 2 years online with 99,5%+ uptime had the worst start i have ever experienced (gm killed people with UE on rookgaard, 7 hours after start they made rollback). I quit after those crashes and after 4 hours i played without single problem so you can try again later without prob. The goal of customs is to enjoy exploring instead of rushing content asap imo.

We're fixing the Task system but are not quite there yet. Because it has not worked, we run double Exp for 24 hours from 18.00 CET today.

everything looks realy nice, but its already different game i would call, not tibia anymore. so in my eyes need fix tutorial (maybe like effects to guide your way easier, or anything +- ) . i dont realy liked wider screen tho it looks realy cool.

my vote is 7/10 ( today)

BIG minus, for me , there is no bot inside. i got family and bussines and animals, its hardly i can play, Why racist on botters ? :D in my situation i love tibia, but i can't enjoy it if i can't bot so i can have lil thing to have fun. Its crazy how you(antibotters) push :D discrimination on bright blank day :D

Discrimination against botters?

Lol.

Plenty of other servers to bot on.

thats how rasist speaks xd

???

First, a quick definition -

Racist
adjective
prejudiced against or antagonistic toward a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
noun
a person who is prejudiced against or antagonistic toward people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.

I don't believe a "botter" is an ethnic group, or a race?

It's fine that there's some servers that do not have the ability to bot. When you need to log off, you log off. You do not need a computer playing for you. If you boot up popular RPGs like The Elder Scrolls series, or the Fallout series, or perhaps games from the JRPG side like Tales of series, maybe something from Borderlands even? You do not get the computer playing the game for you. There's still lots of people just like you enjoying the games listed. Don't be so closed minded. You can have LOTS of fun while still having a family, work to attend to and pets. Plenty of older members of my group are just like you while still playing, and enjoying, Therran.

On topic of Therran!

Therran has been a pretty good go so far, currently my group and I, with some other players we recruited, are enjoying discovering the game for the first time, and in some cases a second or third time! The world has been built to a high standard that you rarely see in lots of OTs nowadays, and with some unique systems the game is quite enjoyable.
If you're looking for a small lore-driven world to discover all of its secrets, don't mind low rate, come out and play. It's great! I'm quite enjoying my time here and will probably play for quite a while.

However, please be aware of the following topics or issues in some cases.

There is no map clicking on your minimap to move to areas. This has been stated a couple times by the developers even though almost every player I've talked to does not agree with the change. You'll get used to it, eventually. Don't expect to walk casually back to town from your hunt spot and able to chat. You'll need to "hold down a finger with the force of gravity + the weight of your arm"

The equipment window. There is no standard equipment view that you're used to in other OTs. There is only a window to bring up as a miniwindow that will NOT snap to the side panels. However! You do have your backpacks and tool bar on a panel, the only thing hidden behind a window is your equipment. It is quite large though and those with smaller screen sizes, it will get in the way! There are hotkeys to equip items quickly, or I have heard you can right-click rings to equip them, however I have not tested this. (To deequip? Probably need to open the window still!)

My personal biggest gripe with the client - in order to enable/disable your chat window while WASD walking... It is not the enter key! Oh no, sorry, you need to press ctrl+space for that. Guys, c'mon. This is quite inconvenient. When brining this up, a tutor in discord snarkly said "and use ctrl+space to send messages"? Which is a little annoying. I'll say it again. No. You can have enter to both send messages and to enable/disable chat, like current default behaviour in both Mehah's OTClient and Kondrah's OTClient.

Hotkeys. You will only EVER get F1-F12. Figure out what's most important for you, and I hope you weren't planning on playing with WASD and adding extra hotkeys like QERTFG/12345, like I usually play! Oh! Speaking of hotkeys, why is the key to open your spellbook Ctrl+Alt+P? Skills window Ctrl+Alt+H? Tutorial Ctrl+Alt+J? Quest log Ctrl+Alt+Q? The regular/default keys for these are not being used for anything, so why are they changed?

Something weird with hotkeys but applying out of the game... I can't use my regular hotkey to mute/unmute my mic in discord while Therran is focused, why is it stopping that?
--

So, take this and do with it what you will. I hope to see you in Therran, give it a try and I hope you enjoy some of your gameplay. Really, all of this is minor but the only interaction when any player who has brought this up, which there has been several just take a look through the #suggestions channel in the discord, has been met with just a flat out "No, this is better".

See you in game :)

Lots of work it needed. Nice map(especially first piece when login), and bla bla etc generally awesome.

• But the hell I must use a microscope to see anything. The window size is so small(dunno if can be changeable in options)
  • And like on many servers the darkness takes control above the world(in the tibian's night). It's very annoying to use torches, if anyone know where buy them at all. They give little light, maybe an another item or a spell.
The rest great applause.

This is one of the best mapped servers I have ever seen, and as fun as it is the vocations are not entirely balanced.
I can see random pks ruining the experience and having more of a negative impact here than other ots.
This does not feel like a pvp server and with the voc unbalance the pvp dmg should be lower.
I still give it a 9/10 its impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.